rugpullindex.com Proposal R8
Email: tim (at) daubenschuetz (dot) de
Residence: Germany, Bahrain
Category: We’re active as builders but we also do outreach via our blog
Metric: Network revenue
rugpullindex.com helps data scientists and investors to make better decisions when buying data online. Our thesis is that markets are proxies for assets’ qualities.
On-chain markets present a huge untapped source of market insight ready to be harvested. By measuring and highlighting the qualities of OCEAN’s data sets, we improve the market’s overall health and performance.
Our long-term goal is to build a scalable and decentralized investment insights platform.
- We received funding in OceanDAO R2, R3, R4, R5, R6, R7.
- For more reliable runway projections, we convert most of our OCEAN incomes of the OceanDAO into USDC: R2, R3, R4, R5, R6.1, R6.2, R7.1, R7.2
- To improve financial transparency we’re publishing a cash-basis accounting statement from 2021-08-02: document
|Jan 2021||Feb 2021||Mar 2021||Apr 2021||May 2021||June 2021||July 2021|
|Outbound clicks (abs & percentage)||0||0||0||17 (6.9%)||274 (17.7%)||365 (25.1%)||375 (7%)|
- Our website analytics are public.
- Outbound clicks are tracked since 2021-04-26.
Achievements in Round 7
- For our API customers, we released a new product: A shared API to an Ethereum Erigon full node.
- We spent some time on distribution/sales and making our website look more professional. A detailed update is in our blog.
- We improved the accuracy of our Gini coefficient calculation.
- We’ve implemented more JSON-RPC methods in eth-fun (
eth_call). There’s interest from the ETH community.
- We’re consulting @realdatawhale during their technical hiring process.
- We’re gradually scaling our operations. There are now two people working on the project; maybe there’ll be three soon? We’ve started an RPI handbook to improve scalability.
- We published a market positioning analysis to inform future branding and UI updates to RPI. The analysis also looks at comparable index tokens and smart contract products to understand how the RPI data token index product will relate to the existing RPI (data insights) product.
- Rebuild RPI crawler using the Erigon API; Crawler should have more throughput and actuality; We’ll start crawling Balancer V1 pools.
- Serve as much data as possible to the OCEAN community for building DATA&DEFI apps.
- Measure & optimize more; API usage & website conversion rates
- Identify additional metrics that will be shared on Rug Pull Index. This work is being actioned following our user research findings. Explanations of what these metrics are and why they are important will be created and shared on the RPI blog to attract new RPI users and make RPI a more valuable resource for existing users.
We’re more excited than ever to be working on building an investment automation platform for the DATA&DEFI ecosystem.
Funding Requested & ROI
We calculate our funding requests based on a public methodology. Exchange rates on 2021-08-03 from coingecko:
Here are the amounts we’re requesting:
|Servers: Hetzner CX11 and AX101||399.76||199.80||167.9|
|Average funding error†||2637.88||1318.41||1107.91|
† We’re trying to statistically reduce the difference between EUR amount requested and EUR amount received (caused by the volatility of OCEAN/EUR). Check our methodology to learn more.
- Buck (assuming to win R8): 49032.81 EUR
- Bang: max ~ 2M EUR
- ROI: 1
- Model on desmos.com, Discussion about model.
chance = ROI/(bang/buck)
Statement: Our chance of success to reach at least an ROI of 1 is 2.5%.
Summary: We believe that by consistently shipping and re-evaluating our approach through each oceanDAO round, we’re incrementally increasing our chance of success. For a detailed calculation on ROI, check our post in Round 6.
- Roles: Development, Outreach
- GitHub: https://github.com/timdaub
- Blog: https://timdaub.github.io/
- Newsletter: https://timdaubenschuetz.substack.com/
Background: My “About” page and CV
- Roles: Business & Product Development
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/scott-milat-7995bb66/
- Profile: https://www.scottmilat.com/
Please Vote For Us Because…
- rugpullindex.com delivers reliable market insights 24/7.
- We give you transparent insights into our proceedings by writing blog posts, by shipping regularly, and opening up our accounting.
- Our work informs the Ocean Core team’s product development cycle.
- You’re helping us to make a living and bootstrap a real crypto startup <3