rugpullindex.com Proposal R7
Email: tim (at) daubenschuetz (dot) de
Residence: We’re from Germany and Bahrain
Category: We’re active as builders but we also do outreach via our blog
Metric: Network revenue
rugpullindex.com helps data scientists and investors to make better decisions when buying data online. Our thesis is that markets are proxies for assets’ qualities.
On-chain markets present a huge untapped source of market insight ready to be harvested. By measuring and highlighting the qualities of OCEAN’s data sets, we improve the market’s overall health and performance.
Our long-term goal is to build a scalable decentralized application that allows investors to gain diversified exposure to OCEAN’s best data sets.
- We received funding in OceanDAO R2, R3, R4, R5, R6.
- For more reliable runway projections, we convert most of our OCEAN incomes of the OceanDAO into USDC: R2, R3, R4, R5, R6.1, R6.2.
- To improve financial transparency we’re publishing a cash-basis accounting statement from 2021-07-08: document (pdf)
|Jan 2021||Feb 2021||Mar 2021||Apr 2021||May 2021||2021-07-04|
|Outbound clicks (abs & percentage)||0||0||0||17 (6.9%)||274 (17.7%)||501 (9.9%)|
|Duration||30s||31s||1m 3s||1m 17s||1m 10s||34s|
|Total time spent by all users||2.5h||6.1h||13.3h||16.2h||25,27h||26,44h|
- Our website analytics are public.
- Outbound clicks are tracked since 2021-04-26.
- This month’s sudden increase in “unique visitors” stems from a viral blog post in /r/programming
Achievements in Round 6
- We wrote a blog post on stolen data that reached 2k Reddit users.
- We’re now displaying historical price data in EUR
- We released a historical price data API endpoint
- We finished our first business development sprint and gained valuable insights
- We released a specification that shows how rugpullindex’s rank works
- We introduced honeybatcher, a pessimistic rollup that will help lower Ethereum’s gas prices
- We’ve added structured metadata to improve our search engine results
- We’re in the final phases of having our API integrated into DataWhale’s alga.
Roadmap for Round 7
- Deploy full node (erigon) to scale up and improve on-chain crawling
- Merkelize account tree in honeybatcher to allow gas-efficient deposits and withdrawals
- Improve API incrementally (automate account creation, add more endpoints)
- Refine RPI market positioning & branding through user research
- Implement feedback from last months user research
We want to continue working towards launching an ERC-20 token that allows investors to gain diversified exposure to the best data assets on Ocean Protocol.
Funding Requested & ROI
All values are based on the assumption that OCEAN/EUR = 0.38.
|Software engineering & dev log||18000|
- Buck (assuming to win R7): 40397 EUR
- Bang: max ~ 2M EUR
- ROI: 1
To reach maximal “Bang,” the “chance of success” is currently 2%.
Summary: We believe that by consistently shipping and re-evaluating our approach through each oceanDAO round, we’re incrementally increasing our chance of success. For a detailed calculation on ROI, check our post in Round 6.
- Roles: Development, Outreach
- GitHub: https://github.com/timdaub
- Blog: https://timdaub.github.io/
- Newsletter: https://timdaubenschuetz.substack.com/
Background: My “About” page and CV
- Roles: Business Development
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/scott-milat-7995bb66/
Please Vote For Us Because…
- rugpullindex.com delivers reliable market insights 24/7.
- We give you transparent insights into our proceedings by writing blog posts, shipping regularly, and opening up our accounting.
- Our work informs the Ocean Core team’s product development cycle.
- You’re helping us to make a living and bootstrap a real crypto startup <3