- Name & Website: https://rugpullindex.com
- Address: 0x005241438cAF3eaCb05bB6543151f7AF894C5B58
- Country: Germany
- Email: tim (at) daubenschuetz (dot) de
- Elevator pitch: S&P500 for data
Recording from Town Hall 20 (April 28, 2021)
If you’re too lazy to read, feel free to check out this video of me going through the proposal.
rugpullindex.com helps data scientists and investors to make better decisions when buying data online. Our thesis is that markets are proxies for assets’ qualities.
On-chain markets present a huge untapped source of market insight ready to be harvested. By measuring and highlighting the qualities of OCEAN’s data sets, we improve the market’s overall health and performance.
Our long-term goal is to build an ERC-20 token that allows investors to gain diversified exposure to OCEAN’s best data sets.
Here’s our proposal for OceanDAO Round 5:
- We received funding in OceanDAO Round 2, Round 3 and Round 4.
- For more reliable runway projections, we convert most of our OCEAN incomes from the OceanDAO into USDC: R2, R3, R4.
- Since the project’s beginning, our blog has been updated frequently to show the project’s progress. In April, we’ve:
- Improved the TOP 25 ranking by adding additional data (blog post).
- Improved the page’s download speed (blog post).
- Improved the crawler’s reliability (blog post).
- shipped and open-sourced a performance-optimized SVG line chart library that we’re now using in production (github.com/TimDaub/svg-line-chart).
- reached out to developers multiple times with different stories:
- “How I maintained my side project on Easter with Termux”
- “Saving Gas on the Ethereum Mainnet”
- “Can Sleepminting Ruin NFT Provenance?” (I was featured in this week’s “week in Ethereum” newsletter
Website Analytics (as of 2021-04-28):
|Jan 2021||Feb 2021||Mar 2021||Apr 2021|
|Duration||30s||31s||1m 3s||1m 17s|
|Outbound clicks to OP-related websites||0||0||0||17|
- Outbound clicks are tracked since 2021-04-26.
- Our website analytics are public.
Our Plan For May
- We want to improve the website’s user experience by, e.g., allowing different currency bases, comparing data sets, …
- We want to integrate other marketplaces (e.g., Big Data Protocol) and L2 solutions (e.g., Polygon) upon impact on our index ranking.
- We want to do SEO.
- We want to maintain the project by, e.g., moving from Aquarius to the OP subgraph.
- We want to continue working towards launching an ERC-20 token to allow investors to gain diversified exposure to the best data assets on Ocean Protocol.
Open Financials (& ROI)
- We’ve done a detailed ROI calculation in Round 2 that continues to apply.
- To improve financial transparency - for the first time - we’re publishing a cash-basis accounting statement from 2021-04-28: document (pdf)
- Roles: Business, Development, Outreach
- GitHub: https://github.com/timdaub
- Blog: https://timdaub.github.io/
- Newsletter: https://timdaubenschuetz.substack.com/
Background: My “About” page and CV
Please Vote For Us Because…
rugpullindex.com delivers reliable market insights almost 24/7.
We give you transparent insights into our proceedings by writing blog posts, by shipping regularly, and by opening up our accounting.
- our work informs the Ocean Core team’s product development cycle positively.
- you’re helping me to make a living and bootstrap a real crypto startup.
- we’ll extend our pledge to convert received OCEANs into USDC to increase our runway.