Rugpullindex.com round 3 proposal

Mission

We want to give data scientists and Ocean Protocol investors a tool to make informed decisions about data sets. Our thesis is that a data set’s market is a proxy for its quality. Through providing high-res insights into the Ocean Marketplace, we can measure and improve the market’s overall health and performance.

What We Worked On In February

We’ve been a winner of OceanDAO’s Round 2. To safely work with Round 2’s funds (10k OCEAN), we converted them to USDC upon arrival (7832 USDC). In February 2021, we used this money to fund the work. As transparency is essential to us, we’ve maintained a detailed developer log of all the project’s changes. An overview:

Why We Need Your Vote

Please give your vote to rugpullindex.com on March 1, 2021. We’re planning to use the provided funds as follows:

• We’ll again convert them to USDC upon arrival to minimize our exposure risk to OCEAN and maximize our length of operation.
  • We want to finish adding a graph to the website that shows the index’ historical performance
  • We want to continue nurturing the project
  • We want to introduce an ERC20 token to allow direct investing in the index’s data sets.

Return on Investment

I’ve done a detailed ROI calculation in my last proposal. It continues to apply.

Team

It’s me, Tim Daubenschütz, for now.

I’m a freelancer. You can find more information about me on my blog. I’ve been working in the cryptocurrency space for a while, e.g., with the peeps at Ocean Protocol back when they were called BigchainDB. I’ve also worked with LeapDAO on scaling Plasma.

Conclusion

Please vote for rugpullindex.com in round 3 of the OceanDAO Grants vote.

2 Likes

I’m aware that the provided wallet currently doesn’t contain the required 500 OCEAN. I’ve filed an issue on the OceanDAO repository to clarify. I’ll insert the 500 OCEAN if necessary.

Edit: Wallet now contains 500 OCEAN.

[Deliverable Checklist]

• [x] We’ll again convert them to USDC upon arrival to minimize our exposure risk to OCEAN and maximize our length of operation.
  • [x] We want to finish adding a graph to the website that shows the index’ historical performance
  • [x] We want to continue nurturing the project
  • [IN PROGRESS] We want to introduce an ERC20 token to allow direct investing in the index’s data sets.
  • [x] We gave an interview to datapeek.org about our origin story.
  • [x] We improved the look and feel of the front page.
  • [x] We shipped the index’s performance graph (check our front page too).
  • [x] We integrated with a CDN for performant global content delivery.
  • [x] We improved the crawler’s reliability.
  • [x] We’ve had 450 visitors to the website in March 2021 (similar to last month). However, our users now spend 30 seconds more to compare data sets than last month.

@AlexN

The above was technically more meant as a mission statement and less as a deliverable for a single round. We’re continuing to work towards releasing this ERC20 token, but the time horizon for it is months if not years… It’s unfortunate that this one ended up in my “deliverables” list.

Can we remove it from the deliverables please?