Ocean Protocol Newsletter for the Spanish Community
Here I propose the creation of a newsletter for the Spanish-speaking community to work as a mirror of the official Ocean Protocol blog but with the most relevant and non-perishable articles translated into Spanish, and the creation of profiles in different social media platforms to promote this material.
Description of the project and what problem is it solving:
Knowing the size of the Spanish-speaking community in the crypto world and how active it is, the Spanish-speaking community of Ocean Protocol is worryingly inactive.
With this initiative, I plan to create a reference point for the Spanish-speaking community to be informed of the latest and most relevant things happening in Ocean Protocol while also attracting new members by the diffusion of this material on social media.
Grant Deliverables: 23 articles to be translated into Spanish
- Radical Markets and the Data Economy
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to Ocean Protocol
- Technical Guide to Ocean Compute-to-Data
- v2 Ocean Compute-to-Data Release
- How Does Ocean Compute-to-Data Relate to Other Privacy-Preserving Approaches?
- Ocean Compute-to-Data in JupyterLab
- Compute-to-Data is now available in Ocean Market
- Introducing OceanDAO Working Groups
- OCEAN to be listed on Benchmark Protocol’s lending platform
- Ocean Market fork by Big Data Protocol will expand the Open Data Economy
- Ocean datatokens will be tradeable on Decentr’s DEX
- Ocean Protocol partners with Injective Protocol to create novel data derivative products
- Ocean Tokenomics
- A New Era Of Crypto
- Ocean Market will introduce ratings & reviews thanks to UTU’s trust infrastructure
- 0Chain and Ocean Protocol partner towards trustless and convenient data markets
- Stake & earn OCEAN on Bancor
- Ocean V3 Is Now Live
- Ocean’s on Polygon Network
- Ocean Protocol launches Compute-to-Data
- Ocean Protocol decentralized data marketplace solutions for the automotive industry
- Filecoin Storage integrated with Ocean Protocol by Protofire
- The Wright Brothers and Hierarchical Design
Completed Deliverables: articles translated into Spanish
- Los mercados radicales y la economía de los datos
- Guía del autoestopista para Ocean Protocol
- Guía técnica del Cómputo-a-los-datos de Ocean
- Lanzamiento de la v2 del Cómputo-a-los-datos de Ocean
- ¿Cómo se relaciona el Cómputo-a-los-datos de Ocean con otros enfoques de preservación de la privacidad?
- El Cómputo-a-los-datos de Ocean en JupyterLab
- El Cómputo-a-los-datos ya está disponible en el mercado de Ocean
- Presentación de los grupos de trabajo de OceanDAO
- OCEAN cotizará en la plataforma de préstamos de Benchmark Protocol
- La bifurcación del mercado de Ocean por Big Data Protocol expandirá la economía de los datos abiertos
- Los datatokens de Ocean serán transables en la DEX de Decentr
- Ocean Protocol se asocia con Injective Protocol para crear nuevos productos derivados de datos
- Tokenomics de Ocean
- Una nueva era de la cripto
- El mercado de Ocean introducirá las calificaciones y las reseñas gracias a la infraestructura de confianza de UTU
- 0Chain y Ocean Protocol se asocian para crear mercados de datos fiables y prácticos
- Haz “stake” y gana OCEAN en Bancor
- Ocean V3 ya está en marcha
- Ocean está en la red de Polygon
- Ocean Protocol lanza el Cómputo-a-los-datos
- Soluciones de mercado de datos descentralizados de Ocean Protocol para la industria automovilística
- Almacenamiento de Filecoin integrado con Ocean Protocol por Protofire
- Los hermanos Wright y el diseño jerárquico
Which category best describes your project?
Outreach / community / spread awareness
What is the final product?
Translation of several relevant Ocean Protocol blog posts into Spanish, a newsletter where the Spanish-speaking community can refer to (and subscribe to) when looking for information about the latest updates and most important events published on the official Ocean Protocol blog, and a set of social media accounts to broadcast the translated blog posts that will continuously grow, engaging more and more people to the project, and create interaction between the existing community.
Which one or more of the criteria will your project focus on? Why do you believe your team will do well on those criteria?
We are starting from scratch, with an inactive community and almost no material in Spanish to work with. So, in terms of viability, we guarantee that high-quality translations will be delivered in time, to ensure that I or anybody else who needs this material for whatever purposes they may have (promotion, education, etc) can make use of it without issues and as soon as possible. The main goal is to reactivate and grow the Spanish speaking community in Ocean Protocol through the diffusion of these translated blog posts, so we consider we will have a positive and ever-growing community active-ness in comparison with previous months, which will add value to the Ocean ecosystem as a whole, attracting new people, new talent, new data.
Role: Project Manager and Translator
English level: Proficiency (University of Carabobo)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding Requested: $3000
- Which consists of the translation of 23 blog posts, 26 000 words (not counting words in images which I also plan to translate) at $0.11 per word plus the different social media platforms management and the newsletter management and hosting.
Proposal Wallet Address: 0x9870e45C165932076B218CeE83AA8cEa19064335
Have you previously received an OceanDAO Grant? No
Country of Residence: Venezuela
Social media platforms
The newsletter will be hosted at oceanprotocol.es
Telegram: Ocean Protocol Español
Project Deliverables - Roadmap
Creation of the newsletter/blog to serve as a platform for the community to find all relevant and latest content translated into Spanish in one place
Creation of several social media channels that will be used to promote this material with the finality to engage and interact with the current Spanish speaking community and reach new people
High focus on the translation of several relevant and non-perishable blog posts from the official Ocean Protocol blog to have some material in Spanish to work with
If this grant is approved and I succeed in achieving all this mentioned, another grant will be created for Round 13 with the following goals.
Continuous translation of relevant blog posts and documentation from the official blog/website. Creation (in case they do not exist) and translation (in case they do in English) of several relevant Podcasts and Youtube video subtitles.
Intensification of the efforts to reach new people in social media through the promotion of the content translated, creation of an Instagram page.
Any prior work completed thus far? No
What are the team’s future plans and intentions? Is there maintenance? Possible extensions to the work?
I will keep adding translated content to the newsletter and posting it through different social media platforms. In this month I will highly focus on translating relevant content in order to have material to promote, also create a channel for the Spanish community on some social media platforms to begin reactivating the currently inactive Ocean Protocol Spanish Community and begin reaching new people who will now have places in their language to stay informed, updated and in touch with the community.