Rugpullindex.com in January 2022

Name of Project:

Rug Pull Index

Proposal in one sentence:

"Rug Pull Index helps Ocean Protocol users to invest in data safely. "

Description of the project and what problem is it solving:

The founding goal of rugpullindex.com was to reduce the risk of data token investors/stakers getting rug pulled.

As the data economy grows, we expect the number of new risks and their impact to grow also.

We want to continue helping data token stakers, investors, and consumers identify the best data assets within the Web3 data economy.

By continuing to expand our analytics offerings, we believe we can help to promote a healthier ecosystem.

Grant Deliverables:

• rugpullindex.com has been online for over 13 months now
  • We have an active community of 70 people in Discord
  • We’ve expanded our scope beyond just rating automated market maker pools by telling the vision of a decentralized p2p oracle network. Check our blog, website and Discord for more information.

NOTE: that we’re retroactively-funded and so our grant deliverables have already been delivered.

Which category best describes your project? Pick one.

• Build / improve applications or integrations to Ocean

What is the final product?

rugpullindex.com and all connected pages (e.g. GitHub etc.).

Are We Driving Ocean Usage?

In a blog post from November titled “Heureka!”, we found that our website visitors correlate positively by 0.4 with the visitors of the Ocean Marketplace .

Additionally, we concluded in our R10 proposal that data sets prominently displayed on RPI’s website attracted 402,904.72 EUR more in market cap than an imaginary control-variable website we created for benchmarking.

Are We Succeeding?

From my personal point of view, we are one of the prolific projects in the OceanDAO. We’ve been participating and ever-growing since our first round in February. Our website has consistently been online for more than a year now, we have attracted multiple dedicated contributors. And additionally, we’ve been shipping like crazy this month.

Is Our Community Active?

Yes, our community is alive and well.

• We maintain an active Discord server with 70 members. There are new messages daily.
  • We have issued six keys for our API, and we have a prolific OceanDAO project building on it (DataWhale with Alga).
  • We are seeing more and more open-source engagement on GitHub. E.g., check the massive list PRs in our organization and the engagement on Discord.
  • We’ve paid out thousands of USDC to external contributors that have sent in offers according to our paid task process .

Are We Adding Value to Ocean?

• We’ve opened numerous constructive GitHub issues, and we’ve helped discuss complex subject matters in the Ocean Protocol GitHub organization.
  • We’ve been driving and supporting numerous positive changes in the OceanDAO. E.g., in R9, we “Finalized Votes4LPs”. We’ve been a driving force behind “further rationalizing the ROI > 1 criterion”, and we’ve implemented the “Project Summary” feature in the DAOBot, etc.
  • We’re providing the backend for DataWhale’s ALGA and we’re about to seal a support contract with them.
  • We’ve released software that is potentially useful for e.g. the Ocean Marketplace: did-op and svg-line-chart.

Are We Aligned with Ocean Mission & Vision

Through being active bloggers and engaged in the Ocean Community, it should be evident that we’re largely aligned with the Ocean Protocol’s Mission and Vision. For affirmation, kindly read our blog or handbook to understand our values.

Funding Requested:

5406 USD

We’re asking for retroactive funding. We’ve worked a total of 5406 USD and now we want to invoice for our work. With this proposal, we want to produce a “zero” between our incomes from the OceanDAO and all our expenses. If everything works well and we end up receiving the 5406 USD, we’ll have no debts and liabilities anymore. This number is calculated as follows: SUM(income) - SUM(expenses) - SUM(liabilities). You can find the number at the end of our cash basis accounting statement from Jan 2, 2022: https://github.com/rugpullindex/documents/blob/master/statements/accounting/cash-basis-accounting-2022-01-02.pdf

Proposal Wallet Address:

0x005241438cAF3eaCb05bB6543151f7AF894C5B58

Have you previously received an OceanDAO Grant?

Yes, find all grants and the sum of OCEAN here: https://oceanpearl.io/projects/0D86e0cd98-rugpullindex

Team Website (if applicable):

rugpullindex.com

Discord Handle (if applicable):

TimDaub#7709

Project lead email:

tim@daubenschuetz.de

Country of Residence:

Germany

"I have question x about the project!"

It’s likely your question was already answered in an earlier proposal of ours. Check previous rounds, website, GitHub or Discord for more information or reach out.

1 Like

you have our support, your team is one of the best ones here and you have always met your deliverables and represented the Ocean Community to a very high standard.

mPowered

1 Like

Hi Tim, I’m just reviewing everything on Airtable and Port.

I noticed that your project does not include any grant deliverables. DAOBot will eventually be validating more params and you’re one of a the few projects that haven’t provided any.

Check out W3F grants for some reference / intuitions as to how this could evolve.

We have provided deliverables but called them “Achievements” as we’re retroactively funded. For details, check our Discord, Website and GitHub. I can rename the section for DAOBot if that helps.

Hi Tim,

I understand that you’re managing your project different, however when it comes to interfacing with the DAO could you please use the template and the pre-defined parameter names?

Anyone, without familiarity with your project should be able to understand your proposal.

Could you please rename Achievements -> Grant Deliverables?

I’ll be updating Airtable with these items.

All the best,

• Roberto

changed it. Thanks for the headsup

1 Like

Hello @TimDaub,

Please notice that we are updating the funding process for R13 and there are important things for you to know. We will be deploying an update to the Ocean Website, where you will be able to claim your grant on your own time.
Funding the smart contract may take ~2 days after Voting Ends. There will still be a funding deadline of 2 weeks to claim your grant.
You will need a web3 wallet + Airtable to complete the process. Grant requests via request.finance will be deprecated.

You can find all instructions here: https://github.com/oceanprotocol/oceandao/wiki/Request-Grant-Guidelines
You will have until January 10th to update your proposal with all required fields.

Please let us know if you experience any issues or bugs. You can also submit tickets to Github and ping us inside of ocean-dao-engineering for any help. Thank you!

thanks for letting me know. I’m hoping to get the chance to try out the new process by being voted YES this round.

I think that the development of a decentralised data validation system is an important part of the Ocean Protocol ecosystem. And @TimDaub has proven to deliver results over and over again.

You have my support!

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate your support :slight_smile:

Hello @TimDaub,

As part of the Project Guiding - Working Group [PG-WG], We would like to congratulate on your sustained interest in the OceanDAO and for winning the R13 grant.

We also encourage you to be part of our PG-WG Guiding group as an Attendee as well as being part of guiding the newcomers of PG-WG and OceanDAO. Say hello to us at https://discord.gg/kujC2QK9 #Project-Guiding and refer to the pinned messages to find more information regarding the WG.

You could also be part of async discussions by interacting on the Project-Guiding Discord channel

Regards,

Prakash

@idiom-bytes please add the above as “COMPLETED” to our project standing status for R13 as we’re retroactively funded, thanks.

@AlexN @idiom-bytes please kindly add our deliverables to the project standing dashboard: https://oceandao.notion.site/Project-Standing-a26be0e2054e4927ab5ab8e7bde8558f We’ve observed that they haven’t been added yet.

Hi @TimDaub, thank you for submitting your Grant Deliverables. I have now updated your previous proposals, they now in a Completed state, and RPI is in good standing.

All the best.

1 Like