Name of Project:
Rug Pull Index
Proposal in one sentence:
"Rug Pull Index helps Ocean Protocol users to invest in data safely. "
Description of the project and what problem is it solving:
The founding goal of rugpullindex.com was to reduce the risk of data token investors/stakers getting rug pulled.
As the data economy grows, we expect the number of new risks and their impact to grow also.
We want to continue helping data token stakers, investors, and consumers identify the best data assets within the Web3 data economy.
By continuing to expand our analytics offerings, we believe we can help to promote a healthier ecosystem.
- rugpullindex.com has been online for over 13 months now
- We have an active community of 70 people in Discord
- We’ve expanded our scope beyond just rating automated market maker pools by telling the vision of a decentralized p2p oracle network. Check our blog, website and Discord for more information.
NOTE: that we’re retroactively-funded and so our grant deliverables have already been delivered.
Which category best describes your project? Pick one.
- Build / improve applications or integrations to Ocean
What is the final product?
rugpullindex.com and all connected pages (e.g. GitHub etc.).
Are We Driving Ocean Usage?
In a blog post from November titled “Heureka!”, we found that our website visitors correlate positively by 0.4 with the visitors of the Ocean Marketplace .
Additionally, we concluded in our R10 proposal that data sets prominently displayed on RPI’s website attracted 402,904.72 EUR more in market cap than an imaginary control-variable website we created for benchmarking.
Are We Succeeding?
From my personal point of view, we are one of the prolific projects in the OceanDAO. We’ve been participating and ever-growing since our first round in February. Our website has consistently been online for more than a year now, we have attracted multiple dedicated contributors. And additionally, we’ve been shipping like crazy this month.
Is Our Community Active?
Yes, our community is alive and well.
- We maintain an active Discord server with 70 members. There are new messages daily.
- We have issued six keys for our API, and we have a prolific OceanDAO project building on it (DataWhale with Alga).
- We are seeing more and more open-source engagement on GitHub. E.g., check the massive list PRs in our organization and the engagement on Discord.
- We’ve paid out thousands of USDC to external contributors that have sent in offers according to our paid task process .
Are We Adding Value to Ocean?
- We’ve opened numerous constructive GitHub issues, and we’ve helped discuss complex subject matters in the Ocean Protocol GitHub organization.
- We’ve been driving and supporting numerous positive changes in the OceanDAO. E.g., in R9, we “Finalized Votes4LPs”. We’ve been a driving force behind “further rationalizing the ROI > 1 criterion”, and we’ve implemented the “Project Summary” feature in the DAOBot, etc.
- We’re providing the backend for DataWhale’s ALGA and we’re about to seal a support contract with them.
- We’ve released software that is potentially useful for e.g. the Ocean Marketplace: did-op and svg-line-chart.
Are We Aligned with Ocean Mission & Vision
Through being active bloggers and engaged in the Ocean Community, it should be evident that we’re largely aligned with the Ocean Protocol’s Mission and Vision. For affirmation, kindly read our blog or handbook to understand our values.
We’re asking for retroactive funding. We’ve worked a total of 5406 USD and now we want to invoice for our work. With this proposal, we want to produce a “zero” between our incomes from the OceanDAO and all our expenses. If everything works well and we end up receiving the 5406 USD, we’ll have no debts and liabilities anymore. This number is calculated as follows:
SUM(income) - SUM(expenses) - SUM(liabilities). You can find the number at the end of our cash basis accounting statement from Jan 2, 2022: https://github.com/rugpullindex/documents/blob/master/statements/accounting/cash-basis-accounting-2022-01-02.pdf
Proposal Wallet Address:
Have you previously received an OceanDAO Grant?
Yes, find all grants and the sum of OCEAN here: https://oceanpearl.io/projects/0D86e0cd98-rugpullindex
Team Website (if applicable):
Discord Handle (if applicable):
Project lead email:
Country of Residence:
"I have question x about the project!"
It’s likely your question was already answered in an earlier proposal of ours. Check previous rounds, website, GitHub or Discord for more information or reach out.