Ocean Pearl: Ocean Ecosystem Project Tracker
Part 1 - Proposal Submission
Name of Project:
Proposal in one sentence:
We will redefine the current way proposals are submitted by creating a user-friendly process directly on Ocean Pearl.
Description of the project and what problem is it solving:
While the Ocean ecosystem is growing, it is difficult to keep track of all the developments, announcements, events, and conversations. This is especially evident when you look at a subset of the Ocean ecosystem: oceanDAO.
It is almost impossible to keep track of all proposals, deliverables, progress, and impact on the ecosystem. Users who want to vote also need to touch several platforms to inform themselves (Github, port, vote). As a project owner, you have to write a new proposal based on a text template which is not ideal as formatting differences make it very difficult for automated software to extract the relevant information from a proposal.
- Get a (quick) overview of the projects in the Ocean ecosystem via an easy to use web app
- A community-initiated project as a foundation for a decentralized OceanDAO
- Improve transparency of (funded) projects
- Create guidelines for (future) OceanDAO proposals for better comparability between projects/proposals
- Give more people with a non-tech background the opportunity to overview current developments.
- Build the foundation for a place to get a high-level overview of the health and diversity of the Ocean ecosystem
- Standardized, clean data through an API for third parties
- Keep up with new proposals in the OceanDAO
- A quick way to find exciting projects (to contribute to)
- Aggregate Ocean Protocol content into one platform
- Project Creator
- Create a new project or update your existing ones on Ocean Pearl via your connected wallet
- Proposal Creator
- Step-by-step form which leads the user through the creation process for proposals
- Inspired by Grant Proposal Template
- Information aggregated into one platform. Users do not need to check the Wiki or other sources to create grant proposals
- Maintenance Leaderboard (100% delivered)
- Adjusting logic to removal of token burning
Which Project Category best describes your project?
Improvements to OceanDAO
Are you applying for an Earmark?
What is the final product?
Form assisted project and proposal creation on oceanpearl.io with detailed guidance through the entire creation process. This will help to onboard new projects to the oceanDAO. The proposal will be exported as open-proposal-standard which can easily be consumed by third parties. Furthermore, we make the proposal data available via our API.
Question on “value add” criteria: which one or more of the criteria will your project focus on? Why do you believe your team will do well on those criteria?
This proposal is the second of a three part series to streamline the user experience regarding proposing to the OceanDAO.
Simplified project/proposal-creation with standardized proposal structure
- projects spend less time writing proposals and more time building
- lowering barriers to entry for first time projects
Publish Proposals in a machine readable format (public access via api)
reduce manual data extraction from proposals
this helps to scale the internal processes of the oceanDAO
enable other projects to exchange proposal-data in a standardized way
Proposal Wallet Address:
Have you previously received an OceanDAO Grant? If yes, please specify what round(s) and how much was granted each round.
|Round||Amount in $OCEAN|
Official Ocean Pearl Discord Server: https://discord.gg/eswpj8qzrh
Project lead full name:
Sebastian Abromeit (LinkedIn) (Discord: abrom8#8580)
Project lead email:
Country of Residence:
Part 2 - Team
2.1 Core Team
Project Lead - Sebastian Abromeit. Full Stack Developer, Hamburg, Germany (LinkedIn) (Discord: abrom8#8580)
Head of Design - Moritz Murauer. Designer & Front-end Developer, Munich, Germany (LinkedIn) (Discord: MoritzMurauer | OceanPearl#9225)
Dominik Nolte. Full Stack Developer, Hamburg, Germany (LinkedIn) (Discord: Maka#7957)
Marcel Haßlinger. Full Stack Developer, Frankfurt, Germany (LinkedIn) (Discord: marhali#6965)
Brian Böhm. Full Stack Developer, Hamburg, Germany (LinkedIn) (Discord: Zuckerwattederivat#2657)
Part 3 - Proposal Details
Details of the proposal:
As deliverable of our last proposal we created a proposal standard as the underlying data structure for OceanDAO proposals. This will drive automation, scaling and will enable other projects to use the data. We want to improve the user experience for proposal creators. For this reason, we have created extensive figma designs that will be implemented as part of this proposal.
OceanDAO is currently evaluating Gitcoin as a full-fledged solution for proposal handling. If Gitcoin becomes the underlying system behind OceanDAO, Ocean Pearl will seek to adapt to it and integrate the proposal creation process into it. If Gitcoin proves to be an insufficient solution, Ocean Pearl’s Proposal Creator could serve as a standalone alternative.
Part of this proposal is retroactive funding for changes to the leaderboard. Due to a change in the funding mechanism, unused tokens are no longer burned. This led to incorrect calculations in our leaderboard. This required major changes to our backend system.
3.6 If in Category “Improvements to OceanDAO”:
We commit to collaborating closely with the OceanDAO core team.
We commit to making publicly available any improved DAO tooling.
3.7 If the project includes software:
Are there any mockups or designs to date?
Please give an overview of the technology stack.
We use NuxtJS / Vue.js, NestJS and MongoDB
3.8 If the project includes community engagement:
Which channels will be used? For how long?
We will continue to post regular updates on Twitter about the progress of Ocean Pearl.
3.9 Project Deliverables - Roadmap
Any prior work completed thus far? Details?
Ocean Pearl already completed several prior proposals. Users can use our Website to find all existing projects and proposals in the Ocean Ecosystem. Projects can manage their project with our administration panel. OceanDAO interested parties can use our leaderboard to get the current status of the voting process.
What are the team’s future plans and intentions? Is there maintenance? Possible extensions to the work?
- Integrating Ocean Pearl into the OceanDAO
- Help to unify OceanDAO resources into one platform
3.10 Additional Information
You can find our designs on Figma: