DataX is building DeFi infrastructure on datasets coined as #DataFi to make them liquid assets and a dominant asset class.
There are many components of DataX.
Currently, there are 2 main parts -
DataX Protocol - A set of money lego smart contracts that provides financial utilities around Datatokens and DataNFTs. And set of libraries built on top of these money legos contracts for other dapps to build with.
Datapolis City - Datapolis is a dapp built on DataX Protocol and implements all features provided by DataX.
Datapolis is a futuristic virtual city state that treats data as a reserve asset and implements the concept of Data Nation. Datapolis is a city where prime economic activities are based around datasets carried out in Data Districts. Visitors (read: users) can visit these districts to participate in those activities
- Manan Patel, CoFounder + Project Lead at DataX Protocol
- Twitter: [https://twitter.com/innoprenuer](https://twitter.com/innoprenuer)
- Github: [innoprenuer (Manan Patel) · GitHub](innoprenuer (Manan Patel) · GitHub)
- Previously - Growth Lead @[Ocean Protocol](https://oceanprotocol.com)
- Keith Frazier, Lead Developer at DataX Protocol
- Alexey Orlov, Blockchain Lead at DataX Protocol
Akanksha Trambadia, CoFounder + Project Manager at DataX Protocol
Abhijeet Singh, Marketing & Community at DataX Protocol
Rishabh Shukla, Backend Developer at DataX Protocol
- Druv Mlik, Senior Smart Contract Developer at DataX Protocol
Create datax.js library on smart contracts developed in last round. Also create supporting UX in Datapolis Dapp so that users can use these features.
## Progress Update
After receiving grant in Round 15,
- Trade Router is now created and available in github repo - [contracts/TradeRouter.sol at main · dataxfi/contracts · GitHub](contracts/TradeRouter.sol at main · dataxfi/contracts · GitHub)
- Trade Router is also deployed in Rinkeby network - [https://rinkeby.etherscan.io/address/0xadc1756ddfc98867f962c3f910e0f5c1ed3de1c3](https://rinkeby.etherscan.io/address/0xadc1756ddfc98867f962c3f910e0f5c1ed3de1c3)
- StakeRouter has been created and available in github repo - [contracts/StakeRouter.sol at main · dataxfi/contracts · GitHub](contracts/StakeRouter.sol at main · dataxfi/contracts · GitHub)
- StakeRouter is also deployed in Rinkeby network - [https://rinkeby.etherscan.io/address/0x543bec3a4e45d357428875feffaec9df4d2b2f50](https://rinkeby.etherscan.io/address/0x543bec3a4e45d357428875feffaec9df4d2b2f50)
> _Please note that Since DataX contracts have a dependency on Ocean core contracts and Ocean v4 contracts are not deployed to mainnets yet, we are not able to deploy it to mainnets. But they are available to deploy as soon as Ocean deploys their smart contracts._
* Adapter contract is available in github repo - [contracts/UniV2Adapter.sol at main · dataxfi/contracts · GitHub](contracts/UniV2Adapter.sol at main · dataxfi/contracts · GitHub) And it is integrated and used as dependency in Trade and Stake router contracts.
- Here is the list of network deployments (since previous rounds) for Adapter contract -
*Ethereum - 0xb1256a351cdf594a5df94ceb038b9c3fad082bfe
Polygon - 0xcfa2efbbe0d0a68bc764bd8f128439f19f704310
BSC - 0xb3522080d5f43f3d8e5af5fdcad8cd690779fb69
Moonriver - 0xb3522080d5f43f3d8e5af5fdcad8cd690779fb69
EnergyWeb - 0xEb909664fDA401aE5592c79604d7efb89D3d7738*
## Project Description :
Currently ongoing Multinetwork Multitoken support for Trade/Stake is divided into 3 parts.
Round 14 hosted part 1 of this proposal. [More details and background here](DataX: Create Multitoken Trade/Stake infrastructure (Part 1))
Round 15 had part 2 of this proposal [More details on Part 2](DataX : Support multi network Datatoken swaps/stakes for any ERC20 token (Part 2 of 3))
With this proposal (Part 2), DataX aims to integrate [previously developed Multitoken adapter contracts](\(https://github.com/dataxfi/contracts/blob/refactors/contracts/adapters/UniV2Adapter.sol) (OceanDAO round 14 deliverables) into Trade and Stake router contracts to provide trading and staking services to users using any popular ERC20 token listed in the connected DEXs (e.g. Uniswap, Quickswap, PancakeSwap etc.). These routers will integrate adapters on all networks supported by Ocean protocol. At the time of writing, the supported networks are -
These contracts are necessary to be able to swap any ERC20 token (ETH, USDT, BNB, MATIC etc.) with OCEAN/H2O token to facilitate Data Token trading and staking. We envision these foundations to bring in more traders and stakers onto Ocean ecosystem once Data Farming launches to earn higher yields in their respective tokens.
- build L2 library (datax.js) to support these new set of smart contracts
- build L3 UI (Datapolis Dapp) so that users can trade/stake into datapools using popular ERC20 tokens
- create documentation for developers for them to use this Multitoken feature
- create tutorials for end users on how to trade/stake with their preferred ERC20 token.
Explained in detail above in Problem being Solved section. But tl;dr this project will help with -
1. Increase no. of daily active users on Ocean Protocol (via clear docs for TradeX)
2. Increase TVL (via intuitive staking using StakeX)
3. Vastly improve user experience for buying, selling, stacking and trading datasets (TradeX)
4. Increase daily trading volume (TradeX)
5. Generate revenue for Ocean community (by % cut that Ocean Protocol charges for consumes)