[Proposal] Ocean Protocol Japan

## Part 1 - Proposal Submission

## Name of Project:

Ocean Protocol Japan

## Proposal in one sentence:

Operation and management of local communities in Japan and promotion of adoption of OceanProtocol by Japanese individuals and organizations

## Description of the project and what problem is it solving:

Ocean Protocol Japan was founded a few months before the birth of the OCEAN token, about three years ago.
Its purpose is to promote Japanese involvement in the project by translating all official Ocean Protocol announcements and release articles into Japanese.

As part of this effort, Ocean Protocol Japan maintains Twitter, Medium, and Telegram accounts, and already has over 800 followers on Twitter, the most popular social media platform among Japanese.
And there are over 100 translated articles and over 800 Japanese versions of Tweets.
To further expand the visibility of the project in Japan, I continue to mention OceanProtocol in the webinars of The Graph Japan and online meetings of Solana Japan, which I manage and host, and introduce Ocean Market and others.

It goes without saying that English is the primary language, but there is no reason to dismiss the other languages. There are about 150 million people in the Japanese-speaking world, one of the most developed countries in the world. I believe that these marketing and public relations activities are essential to ensure that I capture the share of data that they provide and use.

## Grant Deliverables:

• Grant Deliverable :
    Growth of the Japanese community (quantitatively measured by the number of followers and PV of the content)

## Which category best describes your project?

Outreach / community / spread awareness

## Which Fundamental Metric best describes your project?

Community MAU (Quantitative evaluation, such as monthly follower growth or PV of content)

## What is the final product?

Basically, as long as the project continues, this role will never end.
New initiatives may include holding webinars and collaborating with the Japanese communities of other partner projects to hold events and gatherings.
The plan is to continue to evolve and incorporate new methods as awareness of AI, machine learning, and the data economy increases.

#Funding Requested:

$3,500

#Proposal Wallet Address:

0xa911ccf5F6C7BD5fb25188D41A536890c3c8fAE5

#Have you previously received an OceanDAO Grant (Y/N)? No

#Team Website: https://twitter.com/oceanprotocolJP (Ocean Protocol Japan Twitter)

#Twitter Handle : Takeshi_TGAL (Personal Twitter of the proposal submitter)

#Project lead Contact Email: kazumototakeshi@gmail.com

#Country of Residence: Japan

## Part 2 - Team

## Core Team:

Takeshi Kazumoto

• Role: Founder of Japanese community
  • Relevant Credentials (e.g.):
  • Background/Experience:
    • 10 years of recruiting and marketing experience.
    • 5 years of experience in community building for blockchain projects (Past case: Solana, Avalanche)

*## Part 3 - Proposal Details (Recommended)

### Project Deliverables

Ocean Protocol Japan focus on two directions: Expanding the community & using social media to increase knowledge and provide information about Ocean Protocol

Ocean Protocol Japan will be using Twitter, Medium, and other media for outreach. Our main efforts will be to mirror and translate official accounts. People don’t make the effort to translate and read something unless they have a strong interest in it. English-speaking people, how many times have you translated a Japanese article or tweet and read it? The recognition rate of the information is greatly reduced if it is written in the native language. In other words, this effort is essential to discover potential new users.

Also, if we are trying to get information using a translation app, the sentence structure is very poor. There are no clever annotations or examples to modify the text to make it more understandable to the readers in the country. Accuracy in communication is especially important for conveying knowledge and information about uncommon projects such as the Ocean Protocol.

Thus, providing information and knowledge about projects accurately, flexibly, and in real time is a very important initiative to make young audiences, who are generating the most data in social media, aware of how machine learning and data economy works.

Other efforts will include public outreach through Telegram and webinars for other projects I am hosting.
In fact, the monthly webinars I host for The Graph Japan are attended by many people from companies that have already adopted blockchain technology or are planning to do so.
Ocean Protocol Japan plan to continue to send out information to them in the future.

### What is the project roadmap?

Ocean Protocol Japan’s Proposal will be submitted monthly, so there is no long-term roadmap
Japan Community aim to grow at least 8% per month based on the number of Twitter followers.

2 Likes

Hi there,

Great to see that you are introducing Ocean to the Japanese community. If you would like to create a Japanese Data Marketplace please reach out to us. We can help out, we are creating a multilingual Data Marketplace and we have already reached out to two other projects.

All of the DAOs that we proposed are always open-source and free to use and we will make it very easy for you to translate, it will be just a simple JSON file where you can put the Japanese translated text next to the English version. We will provide all of the documentation as well and offer support.

If we get approved we will be done in 7 weeks at the latest and we will reach out to you once we are approved and are close to finishing.

Good luck in this round!

mPowered team

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s good. I’ve been offering to work on localizing the official web site and Ocean Academy for about a year now, but haven’t made any progress.
I’d love to collaborate with you.

Yes lets keep in touch. Good luck with your DAO

1 Like

I’ve personally noticed how active the Ocean Japanese community remained over a long period of time. You’ve got our vote!

1 Like

Thank you.

I’ve been working steadily for a long time now.
This is by no means a world-changing initiative, but I am proud to say that it is a necessary one.
I’m sure similar efforts will happen in other languages around the world.
Sometimes I even use my pocket money to ask the media to write and publish their own articles.
In fact, Bruce Pon is my benefactor.

Let’s support each other in our respective efforts and create synergy.

1 Like

Hey Takeshi,

We just submitted our vote for this proposal and good luck!

If you have time, go ahead and review our Proposal on the Port. Let us know whether you have any comments.

Cheers,
Data Whale

1 Like

Yes, thank you.
I voted for you guys too!

I will be submitting a proposal to the DAO each time, and will continue to work on it as it is evaluated by the voters. So my proposal is by far the lowest budget of any project. I need to be humble and nervous about it.
Even if I’m not able to receive the subsidy, I’ll not stop my efforts.
Because, I owe a great debt of gratitude to Ocean Protocol and Mr. Bruce Pon.

This was my first time to participate in OceanDAO, and I intend to make more Japanese people and companies aware of Ocean’s vision, solutions and DAO to contribute to the expansion of the ecosystem.

Let’s continue to support each other!

2 Likes

Hi @Takeshi_TGAL, thank you for being a committed community member, helping to provide visibility, and outreach towards the Japanese region.

Initiatives like webinar, working with local Japanese communities, partners, holding events, and gatherings, are the exact type of outreach and community growth that I believe will drive traction and help onboard new participants into the ecosystem.

More so, you have been working closely with the marketing team and other members inside of Ocean, and I believe you steward good values and outcomes in this awesome community (OceanDAO).

I also appreciate you honoring ROI>1 values such as requesting an amount that seems fitting for this initiative, and driving bigger outcomes such as working towards meetups, onboarding new participants, and increasing presence throughout the Japanese community.

I have voted to support this project.

All the best in R10!

1 Like

I like the measureable approach and will support your project.

1 Like

Thanks for the great analysis and vote.
You are right.
I will use this as an opportunity to further expand my activities in the future.
I will continue to humbly work on balancing the right value proposition with fundraising.

1 Like

Yeah, thanks.
I’ll work on clear indicators and approaches without complicating things.

This initiative is not an esoteric mechanism, but I have a mission to communicate the seemingly difficult elements of Ocean’s technology, usefulness, and potential in a more understandable way in this language sphere.
I’ll gradually try to create synergies with my other projects such as The Graph.

And of course, it is important to do this with a reasonable ROI.
Rather than greedily gaining temporary money, I’ll humbly earn trust.

Please continue to support me.

1 Like

[Deliverable Checklist]

• [x] Growth of the Japanese community (quantitatively measured by the number of followers and PV of the content) [Growth Report HERE ]

• [x] Growth of 9.1% (847→932): Japan Community aim to grow at least 8% per month based on the number of Twitter followers.
    • [x] All tweets and articles released from the official account will be translated into Japanese and published on Twitter, Medium and Telegram.
1 Like