Name of Project:
Project-Guiding Working Group Rewards
Proposal in one sentence:
Coordinape circle & rewards for Project-Guiding Working Group (PG WG) to review proposals, provide support, insights, and connecting participants across the OceanDAO ecosystem.
Description of project:
The PGWG was established recently as a way to bring decentralized efforts to OceanDAO. This means that we are able to build a social-layer that onboards projects into the network.
In GTC stewards help projects get onboarded. MCV has a process for accepting proposals into the DAO. To improve quality and impact of propsals, OceanDAO participants should help guide new projects into the ecosystem in addition to review existing projects and provide signal. Let’s call these Evaluators.
Evaluator’s role then is to onboard, connect, and thrive by leveraging OceanDAO & Ocean Protocol network.
To do this effectively, I propose the PGWG onboards enough Evaluators to support a: [1 Evaluator : 5 Projects] ratio. Having more members than projects, enables us to provider redundancy and offer different perspectives.
Metrics / Scaling Support:
The key challenge in the PGWG is providing sufficient coverage. This means quality knowledge, expertise, and guidance.
Let’s consider the following [Proposal : Evaluator] ratio:
25 Proposals @ 10 Evaluators = 2 Evaluators per proposal
50 Proposals @ 10 Evaluators = 1 Evaluator per proposal
Metrics 101 - Basic KPIs & OKRs
[% Coverage] = What % of projects have received support. OKR #1 => Provide 80%+ full coverage in R13.
[Evaluator / Project Ratio] = What’s the ratio? OKR #2 => Provide 2.0 ratio in R13.
Why reward the PGWG?
- Right now we have a very low engagement with proposals in Port.
- Right now, grant deliverables are not engaged with, reviewed, or celebrated.
- Many participants have come and gone, but we do not have a process to re-engage or to maintain contact.
- There isn’t a good process or motivation for existing participants to onboard newcomes or review each other.
- The work involved here is not “sexy” or leading directly to potential personal benefits (i.e. working closely w/ funding parameters, earmarks, or core-tech, and identifying new initiatives to receive grants).
- The work extends well beyond the weekly meeting. WG Evaluators need to engage with grantees, organize calls, understand their projects, provide feedback, read updates, and continue to provide signal for the network.
PGWG Evaluators in this circle will be required to
- Familiarize onself with proposal, problem statement, and value-add.
- Provide support and candid feedback for New Proposals via Port, Discord.
- Review deliverables & updates from team, to provide feedback.
- Provide knowledge, expertise, insights, and help project connect with network participants.
- Onboard grantees to Ocean Protocol & OceanDAO.
- Connect grantees with subsequent OceanDAO participants.
- Cross pollinate with other WG (i.e. Core-Tech) and projects to close knowledge gaps.
The PGWG outline can be found here.
- [ ] A social process for reviewing and providing guidance for projects both new and old inside of OceanDAO.
- [ ] A coordinape rewards circle for PGWG starting R12 -> 13
- [ ] 3 GIVE epochs for PGWG over the next 3 months
Which category best describes your project?
Improvements to oceanDAO
What is the final product?
A social layer on top of the grants submission mechanism that helps provide alignment and feedback to projects. This helps new projects receive support for discovery, networking, and aplification.
Value add criteria.
Usage of Ocean — This project will help review submissions, increase visibility, steward values, and engage with proposal to increase quality. This in turn will additional networking and value generation will improve # projects and $ funded. This project is also distributing Ocean to active network participants via the delivery of work, which seems like a fundamental network-engagement DAO-metric.
Viability — High. Many proposals are coming in, but there is very little discussion, reviewing, celebration of proposals. It is likely there are many low hanging fruits when it comes to improving the grants process with a social layer.
Community active-ness — This is a decentralized team whose purpose is to provide guidance to DAO grantees. It will guide community growth and participation, therefore it has high community active-ness.
Funding Requested: 3000
Proposal Wallet: 0x9DA423a15a87E145d9dAEF73F30A710cB4106BD2
Have you previously received an OceanDAO Grant? No
Twitter Handle (if applicable): idiom_bytes
Discord Handle (if applicable): idiom-bytes
Project lead email: email@example.com
Country of Residence: Canada