Name of Project: DIAM
Proposal in one sentence:
A web-platform dedicated to building a decentralized marketplace for invisual art by leveraging Blockchain technology and by tokenizing data, thus allowing an open, collaborative, non-discriminating economic environment for all participants in the invisual art market.
Description of the project and what problem is it solving:
As we live our lives, each person produces what we call invisual art experiences. These could be one of the most valuable products but most of the time we literally throw away those moments and can’t capitalize on them. For example, imagine that you found the most comfortable way to enjoy your coffee. Imagine how great it would be if you were able to share your experience and, moreover, earn money through it. Here one can have questions: How should I sell it ? Who will buy it ? Invisual experience examples can be various and numerous, and probably you’ve no idea how many valuable experiences you have generated in your life. This is one of the goals of the current project - enable anyone to become an artist through the monetization of their creativity in their profession or in their life. DIAM’s idea is to free creativity on a global scale and to free the hidden potential of human beings. To promote the chances of these goals, we tend not only to create a marketplace, but also a real decentralized community that will be governed by the dynamic rules promoting its members’ prosperity (c.f. Invisual DAO).
- [x] Grant Deliverable 1 : Basic frontend, backend and smart contract technical requirements listing
Which category best describes your project? Pick one.
- [x] Build / improve applications or integrations to Ocean
A use case of Ocean Decentralised Marketplaces for a global target group
What is the final product?
- DIAM (Decentralized Invisual Art Market) is the web application that enables the creation of the invisual decentralised art market.
- DIAM’s intention is to kickstart a value chain and monetization for a new form of creativity called invisual art.
- DIAM’s idea is to free creativity on a global scale.
- DIAM’s dream is to augment human beings through art.
- Enable anyone to become an artist through the monetization of their creativity in their profession or in their life.
- Mix the latest technologies with the latest art in order to create the next generation of the art market.
- To be a tool to encourage inventiveness in art.
DIAM should become the reference marketplace for invisual art experiences. It may be that DIAM will operate on Ocean Marketplace technology applying the Compute-to-Data* approach by Ocean Protocol. DIAM distills all conceivable expressions of invisual art as datatokens. In other words, DIAM allows the existence of INVISUAL expressions as tradable assets on the ocean marketplace.
The web-application will be open for everybody who intends to sell / buy / share / participate in the invisual art scene. By design, the participant interactions will be regulated by algorithmic governance
Decentralised Autonomous Organisation (DAO). Such a DAO will define all collective actions in its governance model, s.a. membership, experience sharing, profit distribution, etc… As an example, it is planned to implement an automated revenue share model to reward all active participants involved in generation of transactions.
Proposal Wallet Address:
Have you previously received an OceanDAO Grant (Y/N)?
- Role: Concept lead developper
- Relevant Credentials (e.g.):
- an invisual artist and the inventor of the notion of invisual art (formulated in 2005). In this scheme, the art framework is wider than that of an art product. He considers the art system as a working material.
- He creates institutions but also practices “institutional hacking”, which consists in hacking art institutions in order to completely reorient them and put them at the service of new visions of art:
- notably hacked in 2000 the Biennale de Paris at the French Ministry of Culture (the biennale was created in 1959 by André Malraux, Ministry of Culture and one of the most important writer in XX century)
- in 2012 the Institut des hautes études en arts plastiques (IHEAP) created by Jacques Chirac (Mayor of Paris) in 1989 which became the ENDA (École nationale d’art) in 2017.
- Alexandre Gurita’s work consists of working hard with other professionals to drive a radical modification of art.
Ludovic de Vita
- Role: artist and art expert.
- Relevant Credentials (e.g.):
- Artist, lecturer and researcher, he reinterprets the practices of art and the processes of singularization through creativity and innovation.
- Founder and Director of IRISA (International Research Institute in Anthropology and Singularity).
- He is involved in the research and development of the Biennale de Paris and ENDA (National school of art) and, as a teacher in the methodology of singularity, offers training courses and workshops on singularity within schools, private and public companies.
Role: Artist and fine-expert in expanded notions of art and their connections at the social scale.
Relevant Credentials (e.g.):
- Artist who proposes to the artists to build “infrajobs” intended to open them a door of entry in the society. This work is carried out through the use of dedicated methods.
- He is Founder and manager of GSS (Global Screen Shot) employment agency for artists.
- Responsible for the programs of the National school of art (ENDA) and the Biennale de Paris. Co-founder of G’old Time Solutions.
- Role: Cross - Functional and communication strategy
- Relevant Credentials (e.g.):
- Datarella CEO,
- Michael possesses 25 years of experience in building companies and cross-functional strategy, innovation, and transformation programs.
- He sold his last business, app development agency AppAdvisors, to Bertelsmann. Michael leads Datarella by building and expanding its competencies as the enterprise blockchain solution provider for digital transformation.
Rebecca Lynn Johnson
- Role: Lead blockchain and decentralized governance architect
- Relevant Credentials (e.g.):
- Requirements engineering, project management, and governance.
- Rebecca is a founding member of the European Blockchain Association and serves as secretary of the Staking Working Group.
- she is product owner for Track & Trust, Datarella’s Supply Chain solution.
- Rebecca has also worked extensively with Ocean Protocol notably leading an effort to build bridging libraries connecting Fetch.ai autonomous economic agents with Ocean Compute to Data. Rebecca currently working in Datarella, worked at Apple Germany and at Fujitsu Technology Solutions GmbH.
- She holds advanced university degrees in International Economics, Business, and Spanish from Georgia State University, USA
Details of the proposal:
The web-application core, the data token, represents any kind of digital data (structured but not only) that can be purchased, traded and redeemed. The invisual art experience can be itself expressed as a certain type of data. Afterall, all our sensory experiences are somehow at their core merely data, so the datatoken can be derived from data signals registered by any kind of sensors. For example:
- One artist can decide to sell only the structured registered digital traces of experience. The artist could stream data derived from the capture of any number of biomarkers (breathing, movement, the measurement of specific activities)
The data could also, however, represent an executable booking for a specific experience in the offline world. For example :
- One person can booking the experience of participating in one activity (or event) in a offline world shared with him in person by the seller and have the “ownership” proof;
Datatokens might also be redeemed for groundbreaking hybrid digital analog experiences unlocked by purchasing the data tokens and redeeming them in exchange for access to the underlying data.
We expect to use the Compute-to-Data marketplace infrastructure based on Ocean Protocol. With this approach, the participant of DIAM could pay for the opportunity to run specific algorithms which privately manipulate a dataset uploaded by the artist/s without ever actually seeing the underlying invisual experience. This approach extends the concept of invisual art into the realm of provable invisuality - meaning an art experience can be generated while provably obscuring its source. Such art can include dynamically updated data streams and dynamically updating experiences.
One simple example:
- The use of biodata as an invisual art experience medium; the data streamed by one artist could then be consumed after purchase of a compute-to-data (datatoken) as a derivative sensory of experience, or from these data after compute-to-data one other artist can derive a new experience and sell it.
DIAM functionalities are automated and community oriented. All active participants (generating validated transactions) rewarded from any transaction through DIAM DAO. The reward of community active artists in proportion to their efforts, the EXPERIENCE original author rewards, all metrics agreed upon by the artists.
Voting could also be implemented to trigger binding and automatic funds distributions based on the will of various art collectives contributing to the overall INVISUAL market and experience.
App will live at: https://dia.market
Is the software open-source ?
Are there any mockups or designs to date ?
An overview of the technology stack:
The exact tech stack to be used will be determined as part of the initial grant process workflow but initially we are considering the following stack:
AI Model and backend support using NODEJS, PYTHON & DJANGO.
Frontend using ReactJS or VueJS
Ethereum / Polygon as public blockchain networks
Code Version Control - GitHub
Any prior work completed thus far?
We have already completed:
- [x] Concept design and development roadmap
- [x] DAO general design
- [x] Assemble team
What is the project roadmap?
- Concept Design
- Assemble team
- Establish partners and team collaboration frameworks
- Timeline: Done
- Wireframe designs (Web)
- Minimal website launching and white listing begins
- MVP front and Backend development begins
- Intense communication campaigns among the DeFi and artist communities
- MVP tests
- Start to created a native community which become the INVISUAL ECOSYSTEM
- Delivery: Minimum Viable Product (MVP) → minimal DIAM web app
- Timeline: Q1- Q2 2022
- Funding campaigns
- Beta Version development and tests
- Storage and retrieval market integrations
- Intense blockchain media campaigns
- Refinement of the UI/UX
- Delivery: beta version of DIAM V1
- Timeline: Q3-Q4 2022
- Pilot launch of fully operational web-platform
- Marketing campaign begins
- Official white paper creation
- Official public opening of code-sources on GitHub
- Delivery: DIAM web app V1 (the first version of the ecosystem)
- Timeline: Q1 2023
- Second funding campaigns
- Market capture and expansion of the business model
- Preparation for deep learning codes integration (AI partially driving DAO)
- DIAM V2 developments begins
- Delivery: the second version developing started
- Timeline: Q2 - Q3 2023
- Marketplace fully operational
- DAO self-consistent
- Tests beta DIAM V2
- Delivery: beta version DIAM web app V2 (a mature and stable ecosystem)
- Timeline: Q4 2023