Key Project Data
- Name of project: Maintain Ocean Protocol core component documentations.
- Proposal Wallet Address: 0x1d4df77B21a54A30735E18512613CfB87D83A8Ce
- The proposal in one sentence:
As Ocean core components that power the ocean economy are constantly evolving, I propose to maintain the documentation for a period of 2 months.
- Current country of residence: Germany
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Twitter handle: akshay_acp
- Discord handle: akshay#7016
- Which category best describes your project? Pick one or more.
- Build / improve core Ocean software
- Funding Amount: 12000 Ocean tokens
- Current Remaining Grant Treasury Balance: 0
- Have you previously received an OceanDAO Grant?
Yes, I had received the OceanDAO Grant in Round 2.
Ocean core components that power the ocean economy are constantly evolving. But, the documentation related to the changes in the Ocean tech stack is not maintained at the same pace. This creates a hurdle for the developers who want to develop applications using Ocean Protocol’s technology.
Documentation is a very crucial part of any cutting-edge tech like Ocean Protocol. Documentation is the entry point for all the developers willing to contribute to the new technology. Ill-maintained docs cause more frequent developer churn. A well maintained and up-to-date documentation will help to save developers’ time and bring in more devs and dapps on Ocean Protocol.
For the upcoming releases of core Ocean Protocol components, I aim to develop the documentation. For the upcoming V4, I will work together with Core team members for the development and maintenance of the documentation.
Thus, I propose to regularly maintain all the README.md files, setup guides, doc strings in the source code, and release the changes to https://docs.oceanprotocol.com/.
What is the final product (e.g. App, URL, Medium, etc)?
- All the documentation of the Ocean protocol projects will be up-to-date for upcoming releases.
- Regular maintenance and improvement of the existing doc website.
- Github repositories showcasing the use of Ocean libraries.
- Continuous maintenance of documentation of all the Ocean core components.
Project Deliverables - Category
- I would keep track of updates and changes in the following projects under Ocean Protocol on Github and update the docs
- I will work with Ocean Protocol’s core team to keep the documentation updated and help new developers with solving technical issues related to environment setup and library use.
- The official Ocean protocol documentation website will maintained and updated regularly:
- Create documentation for upcoming V4 release with the focus on
- New documentation explaining NFT + Ocean Protocol.
- Document a plan for any migration steps from V3 to V4 if needed.
- Update documentation for Ocean.py, Ocean.js and Contracts.
Project Deliverables - Roadmap
- Any prior work completed thus far?
- I worked together with Ocean Protocol Core team (further referred as “we”) to create a repository for read-the-docs: https://github.com/oceanprotocol/readthedocs
- We rendered the above docs on the Ocean protocol document website.
- I have already worked on the Ocean core components and contributed towards improving documentation.
- Issues fixed: Link
- PR merged during the Grant Round 2 work: Link
- Other prior work
- I have created a repository to showcase the use of Ocean libraries: https://github.com/akshay-ap/Ocean.js-PlayGround 2
- Bug reported:
- Issues reported:
- Pull request:
- Please include the milestone: publish an article/tutorial explaining your project as part of the grant (eg medium, etc).
- A new tutorial via README.md/guide in the demo repository will be published for any new feature added in Ocean’s core components.
- Any changes in API/bug fixes will also be maintained up-to-date with each release.
- Please include the team’s future plans and intentions.
- Foreseen or possible additions?
With continued support via grants, I would like to keep the project on going.
- Foreseen or possible additions?
- The project will save the time of the developers who use Ocean Protocol’s technology. Assuming that better documentation will save 20% of the time spent on getting started, troubling shooting, going through updates, in a week a full time developer working 40 hrs weekly will be able to save 8 hrs/week. So, in a month savings in terms of Ocean tokens will be 4 * 8 * 30 (hourly pay in $) * 0.5 (Token price/$) = 480 Ocean Tokens/developer. And, in a month 10 developers are benefited so, value = 4800 Ocean Tokens/month.
- Good quality documentation will increase the outreach in the community and attract more developers and thus foster growth of the Ocean Ecosystem. Assuming that due to better documentation, 2 new developers/month start using Ocean Protocol’s technology and each developer generates a value of 5000 Ocean tokens/month. So, total value generated is 2 * 5000 = 10000 Ocean Tokens/month
- Based on the above arguments, value generated = 4800 + 10000 = 14800/month. So, value generated for 2 months = 29600 Ocean tokens
- The 12,000 Ocean token grants will be used to maintain the documentation for 2 months.
- CHANCE OF SUCCESS
- I determine the chance of success to achieve the desired outcome is high based on the fact that I have previously worked with Ocean Protocol’s technology stack.
- I have completed the planned tasks with the help of the Core team in the previous grant round.
- To put in numbers, 90%, though I would aim to complete the work with 100% completion status. I am leaving 10% as a chance of failure because of any unforeseen circumstances that might cause the delay in the delivery of the work.
- FINAL ROI RATIO
- BANG/BUCK = 29600/12000 = 2.467
- 2.467* 90% (CHANCE OF SUCCESS) = 2.74
- Role: developer
- Relevant Credentials:
- Currently pursuing Master’s degree in Information Technology, University of Stuttgart
- Worked as a backend developer in trading applications at CLSA from July 2018 to Jan 2021.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering from Pune Institute of Computer Technology, Pune in the year 2018.
- I have knowledge and hands-on experience in Java, Reactjs, nodejs, python, NoSQL/SQL databases.
- Involvement with Ocean Protocol community so far:
- Built PayFait under Data Economy Challenge (1st edition) and won the prize as well.
- Completed the project datapolis.net under Ocean v3 program.
- Involved in the Ocean Ambassador Program.
- Working as a developer for Dataunion.app which is funded by Ocean Protocol under the Shipyard program.This text will be hidden