Clean Docs | Maintain Ocean Protocol core component documentation | Round 16

Project Name

Clean Docs

Project Description

Documentation is a very crucial part of any cutting-edge tech like Ocean Protocol. Documentation is the entry point for all the developers willing to contribute to the new technology. Ill-maintained docs cause more frequent developer churn. A well-maintained and up-to-date documentation will help to save developers’ time and bring in more devs and dapps on Ocean Protocol. Ocean core components that power the ocean economy are constantly evolving. Along with it, the changes in the Ocean tech stack need to be maintained at the same pace. Missing out on documenting the features creates a hurdle for the developers who want to develop applications using Ocean Protocol’s technology.

This proposal will focus on revamping the documentation site, improving UI, and creating technical content oriented for developers, which will help to use Ocean’s tech stack with ease.

Final Product

The final product will be an improved version of the doc website (https://docs.oceanprotocol.com/) and regular maintenance of existing documentation.

Core Team

Akshay Patel

• Role: developer
  • Relevant Credentials:
  • GitHub: https://github.com/akshay-ap 1
  • Twitter: https://twitter.com/akshay_acp 1 3
  • Background/Experience:
  • Completed 3 Grant proposals for documentation maintenance.
  • I have hands-on knowledge of all the components of Ocean’s tech stack.
  • Completed Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering from Pune Institute of Computer Technology, Pune, in the year 2018.
  • I have knowledge and experience in Java, Reactjs, nodejs, python, NoSQL/SQL databases

Proposal One Liner

As Ocean core components that power the ocean economy are constantly evolving, I propose to maintain the documentation for a period of 4 months.

Proposal Description

This proposal will focus on revamping the documentation site, improving UI, and creating technical content oriented for developers, which will help to use Ocean’s tech stack with ease.

The V4 release brings unique features like Data NFT and one-sided staking to Ocean’s ecosystem. I aim to develop and maintain the documentation for these new features in V4.

Also, we noticed some voids regarding the Compute-to-data environment documentation. This proposal will fill the gaps by creating undocumented

features like user-defined parameters for running the compute jobs.

Grant Deliverables

• Regular maintenance of docs website: https://docs.oceanprotocol.com/
  • Create and improve v4 docs (data NFT, datatokens, One-sided staking)
  • Improve compute-to-data tutorials
  • Support developers on the discord dev support channel

Value Add Criteria

Community value:

The project will save the developers' time who use Ocean Protocol's technology. In addition, good quality documentation will increase the outreach in the community and attract more developers and thus foster the growth of the Ocean Ecosystem.

Viability:

I determine that the chance of success to achieve the desired outcome is high because I have previously worked with Ocean Protocol's technology stack. In addition, I have completed the planned tasks with the help of the Core team in the previous grant rounds 2, 7, and 10. To put in numbers 90%, though, I would aim to complete the work with 100% completion status. I am leaving 10% as a chance of failure because of any unforeseen circumstances that might cause a delay in the delivery of the work.

Community Engagement:

I have a weekly meeting with Ocean's core-tech team to discuss the tasks and share progress. Together with the core-tech team, we have completed OceanDAO grant rounds 2, 7, and 10. Also, I regularly help new developers on the discord dev-support channel to get them on-boarded. Along with that, I am also a part of core-tech working group.

Funding Requested

Wallet Address

0x169821D39aEBE75E6E6550d03Eb0B2eec3AF991a

2 Likes

I fully support this proposal. Akshay has iterated with Alex Coseru and I, with us helping guide him on what documentation to work on, and he consistently delivers with high quality. Most recently, Ocean v4 documentation. The results at docs.oceanprotocol.com speak for themselves. I’m looking forward to seeing Akshay continue his great work:)

5 Likes

Fully support from my side as well !

4 Likes

We are big supporters of this proposal as many dev teams use these docs to get their projects off the ground. Keep it up.

mPowered Team

2 Likes

Just shifted some votes to get you over the threshold and to support your Akshay! You are doing great work an this is needed. Thank you.

1 Like