WeDataNation | App Version #1 - Dashboard | Round 19

Project Name

WeDataNation

Project Category

Build & Integrate

Proposal Earmark

General

Proposal Description

With this grant we will cover the costs for the development of the following parts of the first Version of our App :

• Dashboard View
  • Upload-Function for Facebook & Amazon userdata (directly to our backend)
  • Timer-Function that reminds a user after a specific time to reupload his data, so it does not get outdated

Grant Deliverables

• App : Dashboard View
  • App : Upload-Function for Facebook & Amazon userdata (directly to our backend)
  • App : Timer-Function that reminds a user after a specific time to reupload his data, so it does not get outdated

Project Description

WeDataNation is a project to create a counterweight to today’s big-tech dominated data aggregation economy, to finally put the power over data into the hands of its rightful owners.

The core developement started in February 2022 as part of the Blockchain Founders Group Accelerator Programme; By participating, we were able to win over some of the most renowned German professors and visionaries in the field of blockchain as advisors by conviction for our project.

Furthermore, there is a cooperation with DataUnion and mPowered, two companies that have been actively working in the ocean protocol community for many years.

WeDataNation adds value to Ocean Protocol’s vision of unlocking a decentralized Web 3.0 Data Economy through the following contributions :

Development :

• Easy to use app for individuals to get insights on their data from various sources (social media, e-commerce, gaming, streaming, wallet), decide on its usage, validate datasets and earn passive income through the monetization mode
  • Webportal to create and validate algorithms and earn passive income for the provision

Outreach :

• Actively promoting Ocean Protocol in articles and postings for the broad masses and to potential investor and person of interests through pitches, interviews or other forms of networking (Ocean Protocol is always presented as the underlying technology on which WeDataNation designs all of it`s targeted services

Final Product

The final product will be a system which contains data of private individuals, who are willing to grant permission to this data via Ocean Protocol’s compute-to-data in exchange for a financial compensation.

Value Add Criteria

Usage of Ocean Protocol:

We will add a significant data-consume volume to the network through finding a lot of lead-customers whose only way to analyze the data we provide is to purchase access rights via the ocean protocol

Viability very likely through four aspects:

• Partnership and support of DataUnion
  • Broad connected ecosystem inside the financial & startup branch, through 8 years of background from our CEO.
  • Worldwide networking through Blockchain-Founders-Group
  • Actively seeking investors to secure further support, collaborations or accelerator programmes.

Community active-ness:

Our CEO Henry Concilio and COO Raphael Hagemann as part of the WeDataNation core team actively take part in upcoming Ocean DAO events to support the community and establish more connections inside of this great project. Both are part of the ambassador program and do tasks of the activity farming. Our new team member Bhalisa Sodo is also a well known member of the community and social media manager for the Ocean Protocol Ambassador`s Twitter account. Through Investor-days we are actively seeking new potential projects for Ocean market and successfully established already three connections to projects which are planning an Ocean Protocol integration ( ONBOARD, Integrity.Earth {Hypha / Seed] & Simple Crypto).

Adding value to the overall community:

By establishing an easy way for private individuals to join a pool for selling their data the overall awareness of Ocean Protocol will rise. In addition the need for algorithmic programmers will rise, as this task becomes a significant factor to connect collected data to potential buyers via insights created from the data.

Core Team

Henry Griesbach

• Role: CEO
  • Relevant Credentials:
  • LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/henrygriesbach
  • Background/Experience:
  • Technical Trading Support at germans biggest retail equity market maker
  • Financial markets expert
  • External Advisor for the “financial Tinder” - Vickii

Raphael Hagemann

• Role: Business Operations
  • Relevant Credentials:
  • LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/raphael-hagemann-a03187152/
  • Background/Experience:
  • AI Student @ International University of Applied Sciences
  • Project & Systems Management and Regulatory Compliance at germans biggest retail equity market maker
  • Bachelor of Arts @ Banking & Finance

Martin Till

• Role: Go-To-Market & B2B Strategy
  • LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/martin-till-1091091a8/
  • Background/Experience:
  • Sales Professional - Go-to-market Salesphere (mVISE AG)
  • Business Development Manager (ETL Group)
  • Account Manager (Sage Software Group)

Paul Durau

• Role: Social Media Growth Strategy
  • LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pauldurau/
  • Background/Experience:
  • Marketing Enthusiast
  • Instagram & YouTube Consultant
  • Content Manager & Creator
  • Growth Hacker

Bhalisa Sodo

Elias Mendel

Advisors

Robin Lehmann

• Role: Technical Advisor and early stage supporter
  • Relevant Credentials:
  • LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robinlehmann/
  • Background/Experience:
  • CEO, CTO and Co-Founder of DataUnion Foundation
  • Ocean Protocol Ambassador

Louis Schulze

Nathan Vandy

Max Zheng

Funding Requested

Minimum Funding Requested

Wallet Address
0x22Fd7511362bD68976B6eD643C771dCDb7DFf501

Hi,

Thank you for applying for R19!

Your proposal has been registered into the system and everything looks great!

Your previous Grant Deliverables have been reviewed and look to be in good condition. I have also looked at your Project Standing, it looks to be in good condition and ready to apply for another grant.

If you had some designs for how the apps will look as they are developed this round, that would also likely be helpful for voting.

I would also recommend one (or all) of the following to increase support:

1. Saying hi to the community in #ocean-dao and sharing your proposal.
  2. Saying hi to members of the #project-guiding WG and sharing your proposal.
  3. Meet with the Guides assigned to you by the #project-guiding WG.
  4. Attend a Town Hall or Project-Guiding WG meeting to talk about your project and proposal.

All the best!

-Your PGWG guide Christian Casazza

Hi Christian,

thanks for your support on this again.
This is how the app shall look like.

The functions of “status” & “up to date” for “static” (facebook + amazon) will be part of this grant.
“Monetization” needs infrastructure which hasnt been build yet and is therefore not included in this grants deliverables.

“Direct” & “Wallet” also won`t be available for this first version.

Best
Henry

Hi,

With more than 8 years of experience working as a full stack & blockchain developer, I bring a deep understanding of software development and user experience to blockchain project. My specialties include HTML5/CSS3, React.js, Node.js, Web3.js, and Solidity.

I have worked across the entire development lifecycle and specialize in the NFT/DEFI field. I am meticulous with implementation details while always considering and balancing broader stakeholder concerns.

In many projects, I was a lead dev and built the smart contracts and dApps with Tailwind CSS, React.js, Node.js, Web3.js, Solidity, ERC20, ERC721, and ERC721A.

I’d like to work for your team, long-term partnership is always welcome.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

1 Like

Project submitted deliverables:

Hi fellows,

see the first video to demo the functionality of our app`s dashboard HERE

Grant Deliverables

• App : Dashboard View
  • App : Upload-Function for Facebook & Amazon userdata (directly to our backend)
  • App : Timer-Function that reminds a user after a specific time to reupload his data, so it does not get outdated

Additional Deliverables

• App : Monetization Status Information
  • Percentage - Status Information (top bar)

Looking forward to your feedback

Best

Henry and the whole WDN-Team

Admin:

I’m accepting your deliverables, so you can submit your proposal for R20. I have provided feedback as to what I am looking for in terms of visibility and outcome. Discord