Name of Project:
WeData - our data,our value
Proposal in one sentence:
Creating a platform to build datapools which contain the data gathered from social media platforms of private individuals, who are willing to grant permission to this data via Ocean Protocol’s compute-to-data in exchange for a financial compensation.
Description of the project and what problem is it solving:
By aggregating as much data as possible from individuals, who are willing to sell access to this data a high value offer is made available on the Ocean market. This leads to an increase in the attractiveness for data suppliers as well as entities that are willing to purchase data sets for a fee; This leads to a positive effect on the transaction amount for Ocean market and an associated increase in the volume of sales.
- Establish Brand, Homepage, Social media channels to attract first community members and develop traction for the next milestones to achieve
- Build Mockups for investor presentations
- Finalize research for requirements and system
- Continue Interview with potential lead-customers, partners and stake-holders
Which Project Category best describes your project?
- Build application to Ocean
Are you applying for an Earmark?
- New Project
What is the final product?
Becoming the “Data supplier of the masses”
By creating a network of a great number of private individuals who are willing to sell their own data, a market model is created that is still missing in the established value chain. Using the existing infrastructure of DataUnion Foundation ensures the compatibility of the collected data for the use of third-party algorithms. Access granted through the Ocean market results in the generation of revenue, which can be passed pro rata on to the network of private individuals.The focus is therefore on the creation of a service that enables the aggregation of user data from various self-used platforms.The data collected in this way remains the property of the respective individual, enabling an overview and the targeted granting of permission for certain data sets. Additional features such as the payout of any earnings can be made via fiat payouts. As a result, it remains an easy-to-use and understandable solution, which promises a freely accessible overview of your own data, permissions and at the same time a source of income. The designation of income streams generated in this way as a universal basic income is obvious.
What value will be added?
- Usage of Ocean Protocol: We will add a significant data-consume volume to the network through finding a lot of lead-customers whose only way to analyze the data we provide is to purchase access rights via the ocean protocol
- Viability very likely through three aspects:
- Partnership and support with know how, infrastructure and development power of DataUnion Foundation
- Chance of funding through the current participation in the final round of the Blockchain-Founders-Group “Superstars” accelerator program
- Broad connected ecosystem inside the financial & startup branch, through 7 years of background from CEO
- Worldwide networking through Blockchain-Founders-Group
- Community active-ness: Our technical advisor Robin Lehman (CEO & CTO - DataUnion Foundation) is a member of the DAO for many years. Our CEO Henry Griesbach as the core team will actively take part in all upcoming events to support the community and establish more connections inside of this great project.
- Adding value to the overall community: By establishing an easy way for private individuals to join a pool for selling their data the overall awareness of Ocean Protocol will rise. In addition the need for algorithmic programmers will rise, as this task becomes a significant factor to connect collected data to potential buyers via insights created from the data.
Question on “value add” criteria: which one or more of the criteria will your project focus on? Why do you believe your team will do well on those criteria?
The initial focus is on creating a use case for Ocean Protocol. By achieving a clear customer-buyer relationship that starts with the data providers (individuals) and ends with the data consumers (companies, institutes, private individuals), a valuable building block in the value chain is added to Ocean Protocol.
Proposal Wallet Address:
Have you previously received an OceanDAO Grant?
Team Website (if applicable):
Project lead full name: Henry Griesbach
Project lead email: Henry.Griesbach@Blockchain-Founders.io
Country of Residence: Germany
## Part 2 - Team
### 2.1 Core Team
- Role: CEO
- Technical Trading Support at germans biggest retail market maker
- Financial markets expert
- External Advisor for the “financial Tinder” - Vickii
- Business development Advisor for different german financial statups
- Role: Community Manager & Web-Designer
- Marketing expert
- Founder of a fitness-company
- Role: Data Scientist
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/damianrolek/
- Data Scientist @ PWC
- Developer @ Roche
- Role: Artificial Intelligence Developer
- AI Student @ International University of Applied Sciences
- Project & Systems Management and Regulatory Compliance @ germans biggest retail market maker
- Bachelor of Arts @ Banking & Finance
### 2.2 Advisors
- Role: Technical Advisor and early stage supporter
- CEO, CTO and Co-Founder of DataUnion Foundation
- Ocean Protocol Ambassador
- Role: Blockchain Law and Governance
- Head of Legal - WACEO
- Legal & Compliance @ Blockchain Helix
- Role: Company building
- Strategy Advisor @ MetaGameHub DAO
- worldwide-network of experts
- Role: Developer
- Board member Digital Euro Association
- Mentor at DeFi Talents
- Project Manager at Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
## Part 3 - Proposal Details
### 3.1 Details
Details of the proposal:
With this grant we will achieve our next milestones of setting up a corporate identity for our data-collecting-plattform and start to set up the architecture for it. The general idea is: By creating a network of a great number of private individuals who are willing to sell their own data, a market model is created that is still missing in the established value chain. The connection to the existing infrastructure of DataUnion Foundation ensures the compatibility of the collected data for the use of third-party algorithms. Access granted through the Ocean market results in the generation of revenue, which can be passed pro rata on to the network of private individuals.The focus is therefore on the creation of a service that enables the aggregation of own data from various self-used platforms.The data collected in this way remains the property of the respective individual, enabling an overview and the targeted granting of permission for certain data sets. Additional features such as the payout of any earnings can be made via fiat payouts. As a result, it remains an easy-to-use and understandable solution, which promises a freely accessible overview of your own data, permissions and at the same time a source of income. The designation of income streams generated in this way as a universal basic income is obvious.
Read the entire briefing on medium
### 3.2 If in Category “Build / improve applications or integration to Ocean”:
App will be live at:
Appstore of Apple & Android + webversion
Is the software open-source?
**If open-source, please specify the license. If no, please specify why not open-source.
Due to the competitive nature of the data union ecosystem the code will not be made Open Source - especially the DataUnion Foundation backend system will not be Open Sourced as there are security features in place that cannot be made Open Source for the protection of the data.
### 3.7 If the project includes software:
Are there any mockups or designs to date?
Mockups will be needed for Blockchain-Founders-Group investor pitch @ 31.March 22.
By then they will be latest available
**Please give an overview of the technology stack. **
Mobile app: React Native, Web3.JS, Ocean.JS, WalletConnect
Backend: Flask, Ocean.PY, REST APIs, Solidity
### 3.8 If the project includes community engagement:
Which channels will be used? For how long?
We will use Twitter, Discord & LinkedIn to establish traction for collecting as many followers and early registrations for a potential beta as possible. This traction we will achieve through cooperation with potential partners and the usage of the already existing network of the team-members and DataUnion Foundation.
### 3.9 Project Deliverables - Roadmap
Any prior work completed thus far? Details?
- regulatory consultation
- 40 interviews with potential high grade lead-customers from different branches
- technical feasibility has been proved in cooperation with DataUnion Foundation developers and ex-/intern data scientists
- deep research on potential features, concept and implementation
- setup connections to potential investors & advisors
What is the project roadmap?
- Homepage & social media set up until latest mid of March
- Interviews with lead-customers to achieve letter of intent by end of march
- Make cooperations with potential data-delivering-companies by end of march
- Mockups for Investor-pitch by end of march
- Start building backend, frontend & first small app-version in april
- Present result as a medium post in april
What are the team’s future plans and intentions?
We intend to build an ecosystem where data sellers, buyers and processors all benefit and share a common goal: the commercialisation of data and the associated basic incomes for individuals, as well as the provision of data for research and other projects that improve the current state of our society.