Build & Integrate
With this project we enable web2 companies or traditional applications to allow their stakeholders to access services with their wallets (via SIWE and Ocean Protocols data NFTs).
Our last project (Round 16) resulted in open source infrastructure (“NFT Kit”) that enables web3 service providers to make access to information, services, products or any other benefits dependent on the ownership of certain NFTs. In other words, it enabled the use of NFTs for authentication or even identification. This project (Round 19) will unlock wallet- and NFT-based access management and identification for a much broader group, namely for any web2 company building traditional / web2 applications. Moreover, we will offer a solution for implementing customizable verification policies to further enhance access management capabilities for target groups.
As a result, this project will extend our existing web3 authentication solutions with
* a protocol (“Sign in With Ethereum”)
* a component for bridging web2 and web3 (an OIDC-compliant Identity Provider, “IDP Kit”)
* a component for enabling customizable, machine-readable access policies.
which will provide legacy identity infrastructure with the ability to handle new web3 objects like wallets and NFTs.
At the end of the day, users will benefit from a seamless onboarding/sign up or authentication/login process for signing into any application with a one-click process based on their wallets and NFT. (Usernames, passwords, forms, uploads etc. will be rendered unnecessary.)
(1) SIWE Library/Web Service: We will provide an open source library/web service (Apache 2) that implements Sign in with Ethereum (SIWE) in Kotlin to facilitate uptake by enterprises (who mostly use Java/JVM).
(2) “IDP Kit” Library/Web Service: We will provide an open source library/web service (Apache 2) that implements an identity provider (IDP) which will “sit between” traditional identity and assessment tools (e.g. KeyCloak) and web3 auth solutions (e.g. walt.id’s SSI Kit or NFT Kit). This IDP will then be able translate NFTs (and related verification results) into a token format that can be re-used by traditional tools.
(3) “Policy Engine” Library/Web Service: We will provide an open source library/web service (Apache 2) that implements a policy engine which allows developers to easily define customizable and machine-readable verification and access policies based on the “Open Policy Agent” (and REGO).
(3) Demo: We will provide a demo to showcase the project results (via command line and/or wallet)
(4) Documentation: Technical documentation of the project for developers.
Walt.id offers developers and organizations an easy and fast way to adopt decentralized identity.All solutions are open source (Apache 2), based on open standards (W3C, DIF, OIDF, EBSI) and used by governments, public authorities and businesses across industries (e.g. banking and financial services, web3, education, HR, marketplaces):
- SSI Kit for Issuers, Holders and Verifiers (incl. support for different types of keys, DIDs, VCs, data exchange protocols)
- Wallet that enables developers to extend their (d)apps with SSI capabilities (Also, available for white labeling.)
Growing portfolio of decentralized identity infrastructure solutions for developers and organizations.
1. Usage of Ocean — how well might the project drive usage of Ocean. Measure with e.g. Data Consume Volume, # assets published, [TVL](https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/what-is-total-value-locked-2021-09-29), Network Revenue, # active users, # funded projects.
2. Viability — what is the chance of success of the project
3. Community active-ness — how active is the team in the community
4. Adding value to the overall community — how well does the outcome of the project add value to the Ocean community / ecosystem
Background: Serial entrepreneur with business and legal backgrounds.
Identity expert to the EU Commission and co-author of new EU identity standards (EBSI, ESSIF).
Background: Serial entrepreneur and experienced technical leader.
Over 15 years of experience in security and identity including biometric passports.
Role: Chief Architect & Engineer | Technical leader and developer.
Background: Over 15 years of experience in computer science, software design and development (security, big data, AI/ML, …).
Role: People and Operations
Background: Serial entrepreneur, Ex-Deloitte Consultant, Former start-up COO, Forbes 30 under 30 (US, DACH).
Background: Experienced software developer in web3/blockchain space.
deltaDAO AG will assist with knowledge-transfer within the Ocean and Gaia-X communities and regarding questions to the Ocean Tech Stack. deltaDAO AG will not receive any of the fundings raised within this proposal.
Minimum Funding Requested