The Web3 Ocean Podcast
Audio - I am an early adopter of podcasts on the lightning network. I also have experience as one of the top creators of the world on Maven. I have researched on the audioverse ecosystem for more than 3 years. I’ll use the Audioverse medium to shape the Web3 Ocean Podcast with Ocean Protocol. My mentees have launched their own Web3 podcasts, where cross promotion is possible for Ocean.
Tasks done pre-funding: I had got an approval for the proposal from QuestBook and had submitted the 1st milestone (500$) as well on the 19th of April.
Blockchain - I have taken few of the Ocean Protocol community calls to understand the future roadmap. I understand the future of Data economy and the SaaS linkages that Bruce Pon has mentioned. As a DAO fellow from the On Deck ecosystem, I have already started having deep-dive conversations with Blockchain stakeholders.
Community - I participated in the India Ocean Community meet-up and shared the learnings at our Web3 Community(Koramangala.NFT). Besides that, I have been part of many Web3 and podcasting communities. When this podcast scales, we will have a stronger digital community across the globe. I have also spoken with the Plumia team to have the distribution accelerated of this podcast.
Data - I have worked with DATA teams around the world in my consulting engagements, starting from APAC, then UK (I used to work for National Grid, ThamesWater and Shell London) and then eventually started one of the top SaaS podcasts in the world. I am strongly embedded in the SaaS ecosystem.
99.99% of podcasts will fail after their 1st season. The success of a podcast primarily lies on 3 factors:
- The Host (Currently I have 16.1K Twitter followers and I created the ABCD Storyboard)
- The Story (Candid conversations via storytelling is an art)
- The Distribution (Network access in the podcasting ecosystem)
Deliverable 1 - 500$ - Research on the Podcast narrative, launch of the podcast trailer, Media assets across platforms like Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music and others. (Completed)
Deliverable 2 - 1000$ - Hiring Sound Engineers to do the Editing, Music processing and Publishing. Consistency in audio-editing and masking is a key factor for the quality of the show.
Deliverable 3 - 2000$ Aim to launch the episode of Bruce Pon before the Davos Summit 2022. Record the Season 1 with Quality guests who have a global presence.
Deliverable 4 - 1500$ - Podcast Marketing and Distribution via 7P framework.
The Web3 Ocean Podcast will be at the intersection of: Audio, Blockchain, Community and Data. (ABCD)
- Audio - There are 4 million podcasts in the world. Having researched on the Audioverse for the last 3 years, I have cracked the secret sauce for an effective long-lasting podcast. I’d love to host the Web3 Ocean podcast and have guests from the Ocean protocol community as well.
- Blockchain - I completed the DAO fellowship at On Deck. (We had founders from Coordinape in our programming) As I understand this space, I know the gaps in the narrative as well. I want to have a strong business case for Ocean Protocol with the Data economy via the episodes.
- Community - I have been trained by the best community leaders (David Spinks) in the world via the On Deck ecosystem and currently manage podcasting communities in the US/APAC. I love the community architecture frameworks and would like to have the Web3 community leaders on the podcast.
- Data - Data is the old oil. Algorithm is the new oil. Coming from global consulting and SaaS background, I understand the data ecosystem and want to shape the narrative forward. As an Ocean ambassador, I sense the synergies between the SaaS data stack and Ocean Protocol.
- Launch the Episode of Bruce Pon before the Davos Summit 2022
- A Podcast that will include Ocean protocol ambassadors/community members and Web3 leaders.
- The narrative will be very well researched in the Web3 space, thought provoking and futuristic.
- We will design & mint Ocean NFTs for episodes as well for distribution.
- The newsletters will go via a Web2 stack, which will onboard the next set of Ocean ambassadors in the community.
April 2022 - Background Research work done. Trailer of the podcast is live on Spotify & Google Podcasts
May 2022 - Community for the Web3 Ocean podcast created. 100+ Web3 Founders & Venture Capitalists have been onboarded.
With a Strong Host who is well known in the Tech Podcasting ecosystem, the Web3 Ocean Podcast will be listened to in all geographies. I have lived and travelled to more than 25 countries, so I have a strong network of listeners from all these countries. The Logo of Ocean Protocol is on the Podcast, so everyone is well aware that this podcast is backed by Ocean Protocol. I'll have quality guests from the Ocean Ambassadors group and from the wider community to participate in the script/narrative. All the community members from Ocean protocol will love the podcast and benefit from it intellectually.
The project will accelerate the usage of Ocean in the coming months. DAOs with stronger audio-visual narratives are the foundations of the community Protocols. We need this before/during the OceanV4 release.
I am not a first-time podcaster and I am the host of one of the top SaaS podcasts in the world. The Chance is 100% because I teach podcasting on Maven: https://maven.com/republic-of-saas/audio-lab
The community will get value from these pointers:
• Quality podcast & Host before the OceanV4 Release - The Web3 Ocean Podcast
• Marketing Assets for Ocean Protocol – Many of the future episodes can be directly used by Ocean Protocol in its educational content, branding and thought leadership.
• The Distribution access multiple geographies. [ As a Maven creator, I have access to the likes of Anthony Pompliano (The Pomp Show) ]
• Show notes and Media Assets will have call to action like joining the Ocean DAO, OCEAN Ambassador program and contributing to the OCEAN Protocol community.
• I'll start a Newsletter as well and host the podcast on a website. This will have a good Media presence and gravitate the SEO.
NFTs for Guests - Use cases to be discussed with the community members.
Saswat Sahu - Host, 12+ years global consulting experience. https://www.linkedin.com/in/saswatksahu/
Top SaaS podcaster in the world. Saswat Sahu - On Deck Founding Fellow. MassChallenge Alumni. Host of
Dr. Abhishek Nayak - Data & Analytics Marketing Professor - Amsterdam Business School
Trevor Ward - DAO fellow, On Deck, Runs a Crypto Finance community in Utah.
Revanth - Growth Head, Flint.Money
Priyan Padhi - Crypto Evangelist (Based out of Brussels)
Others - On Deck experts, Maven Experts, Web3 Community Heads, DAO leads
I’ll be curating more advisors after the grant.