The Data Shift (TDS)
Build & Integrate
We are building two products: an educational tool to enable the onboarding of users into the world of data and a platform to allow for the creation of data profiles. The former product is called the Data Decoder, whilst the latter is called DS1.
The Data Decoder serves to onboard non-tech users into the space and educates them about the world of data; what data is, what the flow of data looks like, and how one can start benefiting from their data.
DS1 is a platform that allows for the creation, curation and sharing of a user’s dataset. There are two primary use cases for this dataset; (1) monetization through the Ocean Marketplace, and (2) connection to dApps for data-sharing.
DS1 (v1) User Journey
- KYC profile creation
- Capturing of wallet address
- Uploading and merging of multiple datasets
- Ability to include additional manual data points
- Verification of the data to ensure its legitimacy
- Treatment of the data to ensure ready-to-consume state
- Uploading of the data to Ocean Marketplace
This proposal is for the final development touches to the Data Decoder, as well as the front-end and back-end design for DS1.
The Data Decoder
- Front-end styling tweaks
- User acceptance testing
- Additional features
- Low fidelity UX Frames
- Technical diagrams
- Back-end architecture
- Continued advertising across Twitter
- Initiate Instagram strategy
- Increased engagement within Discord with games and quizzes
- Community building
- Establish ecosystem partners
Data is a powerful resource that is highly valuable. The current data economy exceeds $400 billion and has been designed to leave users out of the equation whilst maximizing profit for Big Tech. We aim to commercialize data through education and a suite of tools that allow users to access the monetary and non-monetary benefits of their own personal data.
At the core we are a relatable brand, designed to reach far and wide, building a community of people who believe there is something fundamentally wrong with the data economy of today. We envision a future where the dataset an individual holds on themselves is the most accurate, and used for a multitude of reasons.
A platform that allows users to easily create a mobile-friendly data wallet for themselves. Users are then able to fill these data wallets with a data profile, populated from a multitude of data sources, and represented using a DataNFT.
Users are able to earn, as the data is then contributed to a wider data union, which is shared to promote ethical AI and machine learning. The sharing of this data is controlled by a DAO, to ensure the contributor has a choice in the use of the data.
Finally, users are able to connect to dApps with this data wallet, and a base layer of this data is shared with the dApp to promote a futuristic data-sharing mechanism, designed for optimisation.
Usage of Ocean
- The Data Decoder will end with the option to post cleaned and verified Instagram user data to the ocean marketplace, leading to a direct increase in the availability of data on Ocean.
- DS1 will make use of the Ocean Protocol infrastructure.
Viability of Success
- A great product: The Data Shift began in 2020. We took our time learning the ins and outs of the data space and have no doubt that we can create a product that quickly and effectively does the same for our users.
- Effective marketing: Our team includes a strong marketing component. We aim to leverage this in order to reach as many potential users as possible. Some key marketing tactics that we will be using will include a big, effective and well run social media presence (Incl. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and others), consumer-generated content (stemming from the Data Decoder) and web3 community building.
- Funky 3D design: Our team includes a strong design component. Our lead designer is a 3D animator and graphic designer. We believe this will help us stand out on platforms like Instagram where other data companies tend to have dull feeds consisting of too much information and unrelatable content for non-data minded people.
- Proven development team: For the development of the Data Decoder, we managed to build a team of two full-stack developers that believe in the vision of TDS, and want to prove themselves within our team. They have proven to work efficiently and effectively together, and are motivated to continue contributing to TDS.
- One of our founders is a project guide within the Ocean ecosystem.
- Our full team makes an effort to keep up with Ocean updates.
Adding value to the Ocean Community
- Our primary focus is to initially achieve widespread awareness of the power of data. We are a project which is relatable to web2 and web3 users and this maximizes our potential community of people who would like to see a change in the current data economy.
- As we onboard users into the world of data, there will be more potential participants within the Ocean ecosystem.
- Within our marketing efforts, we make mention of Ocean Protocol, the incredible infrastructure, as well as the ecosystem.
- Product, People & Processes
- B.Bus.Sc Information Systems (Hons)
- Business Analyst
- Product Owner
- Web Developer
- Ran his own Web Development Agency
- Business Strategy
- B.Bus.Sc Finance and Accounting (Hons)
- Risk Management
- Venture Capital
- Creative & Entrepreneur
- Marketing & Innovation
- Co-founder at Plushi - a zero-waste vegan sushi restaurant and sustainability brand
- Co-founder at Peeled Orange, a boutique marketing agency
- BA Visual Communication
- Creative director & 3D artist
- B.Sc Computer Science
- Full-stack developer
- 5 years of experience as a full-stack developer
- Founded and acted as CTO on a start-up
- B.Eng Electrical
- Full-stack developer
- 3 years of experience as a full-stack developer
- CEO and CTO at DataUnion
- Data Science and AI Lead at AlgoveraAI
Minimum Funding Requested