[Proposal Round14] Ocean Protocol Japan

## Part 1 - Proposal Submission

## Name of Project:

Ocean Protocol Japan

## Proposal in one sentence:

Operate and manage local communities in Japan to raise awareness and provide education, and beyond that, work towards the adoption of OceanProtocol by individuals and companies in Japan.

## Description of the project and what problem is it solving:

Ocean Protocol Japan was founded a few months before the birth of the OCEAN token, about three years ago.
Its purpose is to promote Japanese involvement in the project by translating all official Ocean Protocol announcements and release articles into Japanese.

As part of this effort, Ocean Protocol Japan maintains Twitter, Medium, and Telegram accounts, and already has over 1000 followers on Twitter, the most popular social media platform among Japanese.
And there are over 120 translated articles and over 750 Japanese versions of Tweets.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/oceanprotocolJP
Medium: https://medium.com/ocean-protocol-japan

By providing direct information about Ocean in Japanese and continuing to educate the 150 million Japanese-speaking population about the project’s solutions, I encourage individual involvement and organizational adoption.

I run the Japan community for several projects, and to further increase awareness in Japan, I continue to introduce OceanProtocol in the webinars I run and host for The Graph Japan, and in online meetings for other projects.
In other words, I’m creating synergies by interoperating with other communities.

It goes without saying that English is the primary language, but there is no reason to dismiss the other languages. There are about 150 million people in the Japanese-speaking world, one of the most developed countries in the world. I believe that these marketing and public relations activities are essential to ensure that I capture the share of data that they provide and use.

At the end of each month, I publish the growth statistics of the Japanese community, and every two months we submit a proposal to the DAO for judging.

[Ocean Protocol Japan Growth Report]

## Grant Deliverables:

• Grant Deliverable :
    Growth of the Japanese community (quantitatively measured by the number of followers and PV of the content)

## Which category best describes your project?

Outreach / community / spread awareness

Are you applying for an Earmark?

General

## What is the final product?

https://twitter.com/oceanprotocolJP

Basically, as long as the project continues, this role will never end.
New initiatives may include holding webinars and collaborating with the Japanese communities of other partner projects to hold events and gatherings.
The plan is to continue to evolve and incorporate new methods as awareness of AI, machine learning, and the data economy increases.

Committed to a 6% monthly growth rate in Community MAU (Quantitative evaluation, such as monthly follower growth or PV of content)
Ocean Protocol Japan community publishes growth statistics on a monthly basis: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RhidD1gim9jJC-7U_vDEOJf-rOtEwnTcX_a8i_K0xFM/edit?usp=sharing

**Question on “value add” criteria: which one or more of the criteria will your project focus on? Why do you believe your team will do well on those criteria? **

Ocean Protocol Japan has been contributing and growing as a Japanese community continuously since before the launch of Ocean tokens. We will continue to reach out to more potential Japanese-speaking participants and developers in their native language to encourage their involvement in the ecosystem.

#Funding Requested:

$9000
($3,000 per month *3: In the past, Ocean Japan planned to report every two months, but since it was not eligible for the grant in the 13th round, Ocean Japan will apply for three months in total this time, adding January, when it made free contributions.)

#Proposal Wallet Address:

0xa911ccf5F6C7BD5fb25188D41A536890c3c8fAE5

#Have you previously received an OceanDAO Grant (Y/N)? Yes

#Team Website:
Ocean Protocol Japan
Twitter: [https://twitter.com/oceanprotocolJP ]
Medium: [https://medium.com/ocean-protocol-japan ]

#Twitter Handle : Takeshi_TGAL (Personal Twitter of the proposal submitter)

#Project lead Contact Email: kazumototakeshi@gmail.com

#Country of Residence: Japan

## Part 2 - Team

## Core Team:

Takeshi Kazumoto

• Role: Founder of Japanese community
  • Relevant Credentials (e.g.):
  • Background/Experience:
    • 10 years of recruiting and marketing experience.
    • 5 years of experience in community building for blockchain projects (Past case: Solana, Avalanche etc)
  • ## Part 3 - Proposal Details ( Recommended)

### Project Deliverables

Ocean Protocol Japan focus on two directions: Expanding the community & using social media to increase knowledge and provide information about Ocean Protocol

Ocean Protocol Japan will be using Twitter, Medium, and other media for outreach. Our main efforts will be to mirror and translate official accounts. People don’t make the effort to translate and read something unless they have a strong interest in it. English-speaking people, how many times have you translated a Japanese article or tweet and read it? The recognition rate of the information is greatly reduced if it is written in the native language. In other words, this effort is essential to discover potential new users.

Also, if we are trying to get information using a translation app, the sentence structure is very poor. There are no clever annotations or examples to modify the text to make it more understandable to the readers in the country. Accuracy in communication is especially important for conveying knowledge and information about uncommon projects such as the Ocean Protocol.

Thus, providing information and knowledge about projects accurately, flexibly, and in real time is a very important initiative to make young audiences, who are generating the most data in social media, aware of how machine learning and data economy works.

Other efforts will include public outreach through Telegram and webinars for other projects I am hosting.
In fact, the monthly webinars I host for The Graph Japan are attended by many people from companies that have already adopted blockchain technology or are planning to do so.
Ocean Protocol Japan plan to continue to send out information to them in the future.

### What is the project roadmap?

Ocean Protocol Japan’s Proposal will be submitted monthly, so there is no long-term roadmap
Japan Community aim to grow at least 6% per month based on the number of Twitter followers.

At the end of each month, I publish the growth statistics of the Japanese community, and every two months we submit a proposal to the DAO for judging: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RhidD1gim9jJC-7U_vDEOJf-rOtEwnTcX_a8i_K0xFM/edit?usp=sharing

Hi @Takeshi_TGAL, thank you for submitting your proposal!

I have updated your proposal but daobot is saying that you are missing OCEAN in that address (I checked too), I’ll check for your update.

All the best!

1 Like

Sorry, I deposited it.

Hi @Takeshi_TGAL, DAOBot keeps checking it all the way up to when the voting period starts (requirements to submit your proposal).

We have recently updated DAOBot to also check Polygon and BSC Ocean. Maybe this will help out.

Thought I’d let you know.

1 Like

Hello @Takeshi_TGAL

Welcome back to the Ocean DAO community. We commend your returning approach to the DAO voting rounds. We wish you the best in the community voting process & to guide your team on some general pointers on how you can take this forward, I’ve posted a reference article on how a community project can be driven.

https://medium.com/@indianoceandao/how-to-write-a-really-good-community-outreach-proposal-in-the-oceandao-52d034f033cc

If you have any specific feedback, feel free to drop a feedback on the Project Guiding Discord channel.

Cheers

Prakash | Project Guiding WG | Discord

prk-sig-3
^ Want a cool Sigil like this for yourself? Join the PG-WG Discord

1 Like