I want to be very clear upfront I don’t have a technical background
Key Project Data
Mission: To break the mold FAANG companies created through the oppression of consumer data.
Name of the project: Fair FAANG
Website: (coming soon)
Proposal Wallet Address: 0x69BfecD31FE889c31F287DA108F63022CA2c1306
The proposal in just one sentence: To balance the scales of ad revenue between consumers and vendors.
Proposal Category: Unleash data
In 2020 Facebook, Amazon and Google made $245.7 Billion in ad revenue while consumers received $0.
Ad Agencies need good compliant data to run successful ad campaigns.
Consumer’s need a middle-man to market their data to advertisers and to be fairly compensated for that data.
This project is going to bridge that gap.
It’s currently a team of senior ad executives looking for transparent solutions for their clients that represent 90% of global ad spend ($600+ billion). Knowing in this industry is absolutely the most important thing for any data project to succeed.
- Booking a meeting with key media holding company stakeholders
- Understanding the needs of a media agency
- Client objectives
This requires a team with that experience and a network of contacts in this industry to bring this idea and others seeking funding to life.
We are seeking funds and awareness to bring on OCEAN protocol developers to build a platform worthy of presenting to media holding companies as the way forward.
How does this project drive value to the Ocean ecosystem?
Ocean Protocol understands data and we want to create a solution to partner with and sell to media holding companies as an alternative to buying media from FAANG companies.
Ocean Protocol token would be the main asset which consumers would be compensated for their data.
We think there should be a balance as companies’ activated campaigns tokens can be burned at a 1:1 ratio to consumers receiving payment.
Additionally we would like to recommend migrating the OCEAN token to Harmony ONE protocol to reduce fees and create a launch pool that would also see ONE and OCEAN tokens distributed to consumers for their data.
Funding Amount: 20,000 OCEAN or OCEAN Developers on board for 15 hours a week.
Project Deliverables - Category
Platform with a minimum 50,000 users data in US or 20,000 in Canada and 20 data points collected in compliance with privacy laws.
Project Deliverables - Roadmap
- Receive funds and or development resource. On board team to the vision
- Push for ONE integration
- Build data collect platform and brand to market it
- Secure MSA agreement with various media vendors for example Verizon, New York Times, Comcast etc.
- Partners wilth IPG Labs or similar holding company venture
- Soft launch data collection platform to consumer (invite only)
- Test platform with 3 blue chip companie to build case study
- Mass launch data collection platform to consumers
- Showcase ad platform to ad agencies.