Name of project: DataDAO
Team Website DataDAO.co
Proposal Wallet Address 0xd69485360F89e824935097Dd594a2b72CD4aDDD8
The proposal in one sentence:
This project won 1st place in the Data Economy challenge
Continue our work on DataDAO project, by investing time and efforts in growing the contributors community to the project, solidify the roadmap and continue the development work on the POC we submitted in the winning Data Economy Challenge to enable running the first DataDAO campaign, dedicated to the creation of OceanLists - “a community curated Database of everything out there about Ocean”
Which category best describes your project? Pick one or more.
- Build / improve applications or integrations to Ocean
- Unleash data
Description of the project:
DataDAO mission is to allow the pooling of datatokens into a meaningful and valuable dataset who’s value is greater than the sum of it’s parts alone. Laying the foundations to a fairer and more inclusive value distribution in any product or platform, to the members who actually generate it.
What problem is your project solving?
DataDAO serves as a demand generating tool — anyone in need for specific data set can source this data from the community, and the community can join forces together to create it. DataDAO grows Ocean Protocol data marketplace by expanding it from being a peer-to-peer, or one-to-one data marketplace, into a many-to-one data exchange protocol. This is how we can foster demand on OceanMarket!
What is the final product (e.g. App, URL, Medium, etc)?
The final product of DataDAO will be a protocol that provide all the required infrastructure for data pooling - from contribution, data validation, dispute resolution, reward distribution and governance layer to manage all of the above mentioned
In this grant proposal we are looking to continue the work we started on the Data Economy Challenge - Datatokens, and build the missing functionality to run a first live campaign that utilize DataDAO architecture
Areas and ideas we want to deep dive into in order to improve the POC we made in the hackathon:
- Run the data contribution and data token minting on a centralized server owned by DataDAO (in the future when scalability allows this will be on chain or on L2 solutions like xDAI etc…)
- Run the data token minting on Rinkeby (to avoid mainnet high gas costs)
- Have the DataDAO treasury deployed on rinkeby and pool together minted tokens by contributors.
- Have the DAO deployed on rinkeby and mint reputation (voting power) to contributors upon contributing data to the DataDAO campaign
- Community building
- Use cases exploration
- Product roadmap
How does this project drive value to the Ocean ecosystem?
This grant will serve Ocean ecosystem in the following ways:
- Will keep the DataDAO momentum, and allow the team to keep building what we started in the hackathon (reference to what we delivered so far can be found in the DevPost submission here, and on our website and github repo
- Allow us to grow the community of contributors that want to build DataDAO, and by that grow the Ocean community and the the potential more devs come and build on it
- ROI - increase awareness to Ocean Protocol, as our research for MVP will include interview and discussion with various industry players, in an attempt to find product-market-fit for the first implementation of DataDAO concept in a real-world use case (in crypto or beyond)
Hard to evaluate but if this grant will keep the DataDAO momentum and a product on the Ocean protocol will be deployed, it is enough to have a probability of 1/10,000 to breakeven on this grant value if we measure in any of these metrics increase as a result of a DataDAO framework used on Ocean Protocol, using the outcome of this project work
OCEAN Datatoken Consuming Volume
Total Value Locked (TVL)
Project Deliverables - Category
IF: Build / improve applications or integration to Ocean, then:
- App will be live, at: app.datadao.io
- Software will be open-source with a permissive license at: https://github.com/data-dao/datadao
IF: Outreach / community, then (one or more of):
- A blog posts describing DataDAO progress will be published at: https://medium.com/datadao/
Project Deliverables - Roadmap
If accepted, the grant will be added to the project treasury which already include ~$2700 the winning team in the hackathon contributed to the project to ensure it’s continuity
- Any prior work completed thus far?
Yes, we shipped a POC that demonstrate a flow in which we can run a campaign to collect from the Ocean community references and curate all the knowledge out there on Ocean project
A diagram that show the flow can be found here:
- What is the project roadmap? That is: what are key milestones, and the target date for each milestone.
The project we intend to do using this grant is:
Progress on community building to get more working hands to develop this POC into an MVP
Progress on fund raising for the project beyond the OceanDAO grant - this will allow longer term commitment of the team to this project, and increase the value we can add to the Ocean eco-system
Progress on the dev side, by fixing the missing pieces to launch a campaign using DataDAO.
Please include the milestone: publish an article/tutorial explaining your project as part of the grant (eg medium, etc).
Please include the team’s future plans and intentions.
Please refer to this medium post to learn more about our vision for DataDAO
If the project includes software:
- Are there any mockups or designs to date? Yes - https://app.datadao.io/
- An overview of the technology stack? https://github.com/data-dao/datadao/blob/main/DataDAO%20-%20POC%20design.jpg
If the project includes community engagement:
- Continue recruiting contributors to help build DataDAO and develop the concept of Creating a collaborative datasets curation economy
- Role: Founder, Project lead
- Relevant Credentials (e.g.):
- GitHub: https://github.com/Liorlush
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lior-goldenberg-248bbb25/
- Background/Experience: COO @ DAOstack, live and breath web3 full time since 2017
- Founder at DataDAO, DLT-360.com
- Experienced executive in various strategy, entrepreneurship and business development positions , Prior CFO @ HP Scitex.
The plan is to use the funds via community engagement, so developers that are pationate about this as we are can participate for bounty.
The process to determine will be discussed in the DataDAO discord channel.
I personally will not be taking any of these funds to myself, unless I personally hire devs and pay them to perform work.
Other team members of the DataDAO project could not commit upfront due to time constraints and will participate per availability