Key Project Data
Project Name: Cast.Videowiki.pt
Project Website: https://videowiki.pt
Wallet Address: 0xe151E8BE121864EDDB83E7D0484b87596cAD2fA5
Current country of residence: Portugal
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Category: Build/improve core Ocean Software
Funding Amount: 18000 OCEAN
A video streaming/casting solution where OCEAN protocol is used for ticketing. We are exploring opportunities to stream live cast data using OCEAN. The webRTC will be stored on-chain using OCEAN Protocol while tokens can be used for ticketing. Anyone interested in consuming a live-stream on the VideoWiki platform or connecting with our webRTC to stream will buy the respective asset from OCEAN Marketplace or our Videowiki Library using OCEAN tokens. Please refer to the UI to see the user experience and project scope.
After the stream is completed, the same asset can be used to get access/download the recording of the meeting.
This live classroom can be streamed for everyone to consume but there is a lack of a decentralized ticketing system. We are exploring a new possible implementation of OCEAN protocol along with VideoWiki.pt. A feature of Videowiki is Videowiki Classroom, which creates an interactive classroom environment for teacher-student interaction.
Given our previous implementation of OCEAN Protocol for publishing video based content it will be an unifying experience if OCEAN Protocol is used for streaming services as well. On the side of OCEAN Protocol this will act as an new implementation which can be explored further for more efficient user experience.
The possibility of using OCEAN Protocol for ed-tech solutions like Videowiki, makes it not only a protocol for Data but also for knowledge.
How we are going to Achieve this
OCEAN Protocol uses metadata to store the dataset. In traditional use cases, the metadata contains the IPFS link of the CSV file.
Like our previous approach, where we added the link of a video file in the metadata, this time we will be exploring a similar approach with webRTC or any other library which provides a smoother user experience and works efficiently with OCEAN Protocol.
What we will be doing:
- We will be investing this grant for researching various streaming protocols and finding out which is the best for associating with OCEAN Protocol.
- Develop a PoC based on our research and implement on our platform primarily on the Rinkeybi Testnet
- Run one main event on the stream to test and validate within 3 months
- Bring partnership possibilities between OCEAN and UTRUST to enable payments directly using OCEAN Tokens
- Build UI around the integration
- Optimize the system
- Publish required documentation and medium articles to spread awareness about the integration procedure
- We have integrated OCEAN protocol for publishing video. Check out at : https://videowiki.pt/studio
- We also have our Classroom available for users.
- Our next milestone will be to to achieve video streaming from live sessions
- Use OCEAN Protocol for ticketing
Checkout our design at:
Planned UI for casting :
Meet our team
- Shivam Dhawan (CTO and Co-Founder)
- Puneet Gupta (Product Manager)
- Jyoti Sing (UI/UX designer)
- Abhik Banerjee (Blockchain Researcher)
- Bhaskar Dutta (Blockchain Developer)