Onboard - web3, in your hands
Onboard is a no-code solution that allows DAOs and web3 communities to create onboarding pathways to teach their communities the basic concepts needed to transform a community member to a contributor
>> Our team supports the process of creating gamified learning paths for our partnered communities
Add an OceanDAO section and learning path to Onboard Academy
Past the use of cryptocurrenecies and NFTs, many people do not realise the different applications of crypto and web3. It is important for our generation to understand the power of blockchain technology’s ability to increase users’ data sovereignty and privacy.
Onboard will provide a data sovereignty course that covers Ocean, and eventually integrate a Quiz and Quest and more Ocean related features into our metaverse game, that will increase awareness and lead to a great number of individuals understanding interacting with protocols that increase our data sovereignty such as Ocean market.
The end goal is to develop credentials based on the users learnings that can be used to prove web3 competency, and then also build data sets that enable information about the users’ onboarding process to be shared in a decentralized, privacy-embracing, and secure way to ease the process of contributing to our web3 partners.
1. Usage of Ocean Protocol: We will increase the potential holders of Ocean protocol and those that understand how it works and how to use it too.
2. Community active-ness: Our project lead is an external advisor to WeData, a project building on Ocean. He also has extensively worked on regulation around blockchain, data protection in Europe through INATBA and has worked with DIDs and VC architecture too
Finally, Onboard is looking to connect with more great projects in the Ocean ecosystem and have Quizzes and Quests related to the work that they are doing too.
3. Adding value to the overall community: By establishing a platform that not only incentivizes users to learn about blockchain but uses the web3 protocols too, will reduce the customer acquisition cost for all the different Ocean protocol projects that we work with.
Name: Nathan Vandy
Nathan Vandy is a web3 legal and business advisor who has been researching, working, and building in the blockchain space since 2017. During this time, he not only supported blockchain-based projects with start-ups, FTSE 100 companies and governments but also supported the development of blockchain-based research with INATBA, an association initiated by the EU Commission.
With a strong background in entrepreneurship, wide knowledge of blockchain technology and background in educating various stakeholders on blockchain’s strengths and weaknesses, he now leads at Onboard, working with the team to build a metaverse game that educates the masses on web3 and the open metaverse.
- Role: Project Lead at Onboard
- Relevant Credentials:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathan-vandy-0804a1b1/
- Legal and business advisor for blockchain-based projects at WACEO
- Blockchain legal and governance expert
- PhD Candidate in Blockchain Governance at Paris University II and Havard University
- Finalist in of 2017 Swiss Legal-tech Hackathon
- Winner of the 2019 Brightlands Incubator
- Master Thesis in data protection implications of blockchain implementations
- Authorship in Position Paper by the INATBA’s Identity Working Group: Decentralised Identity: What’s at Stake? (2021)
- Authorship in Report by INATBA’s Privacy Working Group: Data Privacy Regulations Applicable to Blockchain Technology in Various Jurisdictions Worldwide (2021)
- Authorship in Report by INATBA’s Policy Notes on Decentralised Finance, DAOs, NFTs and Policy Recommendations
Name: Alessandro Puppo
Alessandro Puppo is a startup entrepreneur, previously CEO & Co-founder of Green Games. He’s always been passionate about the business side of innovation and technology and that’s why, since he was a teenager, he started different startups. During his 4+ years experience as a founder, he managed the development and marketing of products from ideas to reality. In his experience as CEO of Green Games, he managed a team of 12+ people to create several game products for some of the biggest European corporations and bootstrapped the company all the way to financial stability. He was in charge of a lot of different things such as organisation, communication, game design, in-game economies, financial, marketing, publishing and sales among others.
Alessandro loves to take on responsibilities, build products and work hard for ambitious goals. That’s why today he’s working with the Onboard team, with the aim to create an important product for the future of Web3 and metaverse adoption.
- Role: CMD at Onboard
- Relevant Credentials:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alessandro-puppo/
- CEO & Co-founder at Green Games
- Acceleration Startup Program at Bocconi University
- Business Advisor at ScheDays
- Project Management Lead & Co-founder at Fyna
- Co-founder at FindPro
- Bachelor in Business Administration at University of Genoa
Name: Simon Huss-Smickler
Simon brings a decade of strategic business experience, including over a year of blockchain expertise, collaborating with CEOs & Senior Executives to set and drive organizational vision & operational strategy.
Fascinated by the potential of blockchain technology, Simon is committed to educating the next generation of Web3, to provide them the opportunities to make the most of the opportunities these technologies are enabling
- Relevant Credentials:
- Role: Tokenomics Lead
- Tokenomics advisory for three blockchain startups
- Launched the Berlin office, led Business Development & developed the gaming studio strategy at Dacoco GmbH (creators of AlienWorlds)
- 10+ Years Strategy and Operations Consultant
- Masters in Economics (distinction)
Name: Daniel Okownkwo
- Bio: Specialties: Digital Identity, Regulatory Compliance Applications, LDAP, SSO, API Specialist, Web Services, GUI and Blockchain.
Build tooling with Grunt and Gulp.
Blockchain: Cryptocurrency & Smart Contracts on ETH2.0 with Solidity - full stack development.
Systems development: UNIX, Hardware analysis, business process auditing and IoT solutions.
Mobile Applications: Mobile Connect, SMS, USSD, SMPP, GIS with MIDP/CLDC, native iOS development with Objective C, Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry app development with PhoneGap/Cordova.
Cloud: AWS, EBS, Docker
Humanities: Overcoming communications difficulties between stakeholders in IT relationships and life skills mentor.
- Role: Tech Lead
- 20+ years experience as a programmer
- 1-year experience as blockchain developer
Name: Bijan Hezarkhani
Bijan Hezarkhani, having visited, worked in or lived in over 50 countries, brings a unique perspective to each of his projects. He has successfully supported the positioning and scaling of multiple start-ups in various sectors including technology/cybersecurity and pharmaceuticals/medical cannabis. Being involved in - both personally and professionally - the cryptocurrency and blockchain space since 2016 he is a true believer of the potential that web3 has to impact society and is passionate about helping people filter through the noise so they too can understand the exciting times we find ourselves in. In addition to his responsibilities at Onboard Bijan is leading business development for Swiss-based cannabis venture fund and consulting on various projects at the intersection of web3 and biotech/pharmaceuticals.
- Role: Business Lead
- Relevant Credentials:
- Bachelor of Commerce, Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada
- Major in Finance, Minor in Marketing
- Business Development Manager for a cybersecurity & encryption start-up
- Investor Relations Lead, Canada for a cryptocurrency indexed hedge fund based in Zug, Switzerland
- Data Analyst & CRM Manager for Canopy Growth Corp. Europe
- Business Development Manager, Europe for Khiron Life Sciences Corp.
- Certified Pharmaceutical Sales Rep in the highly regulated German medical cannabis market - lead the establishment of sales & marketing departments of Khiron Life Sciences Corp. German operations
- Extensive network of global crypto/blockchain stakeholders
Minimum Funding Requested