OCEAN | SPORT DAO AWARENESS | Round 18

Project Name

OCEAN

Project Category

Outreach

Proposal Earmark

New Outreach

Proposal Description

[ There are few things in the world that enjoy the love and attention given to sports and sporting activities in general.

90 percent of the world’s population enjoys at least one form of sports either through active participation or through viewing.

Statistics show that in the united states alone 57.5 million people watched at least 1 digital sports content once a month and this figure is projected to hit 90 million by 2025, this does not account for other countries globally and the lesser-known sports events and activities.

Sports events like

Football

Basketball

Chess

Racing

Badminton

Volleyball

Tennis

Running and many others

Offers us a unique opportunity to amplify the OCEAN PROTOCOL message through research and contacts, we will identify smaller events in different locations globally to work with.

The channels we will explore will include but are not limited to

Sports events

Sports players

Sports teams

Sports Bulletins

Sports Newsletters

Sports Podcasts

Sports Magazines and publications

Sports Youtube channels

Sports Radio shows

E-sports and games

Athletes

Anything sports

Grant Deliverables

1. Through research identify and sponsor at least 2 sporting events/activities that will amplify the OCEAN message within 3 months
  2. Feature at least one OCEAN team on 1 sports podcast
  3. Set up OCEAN sports Dao Twitter channel and Grow to at least 1000 community members within the first 1 month
  4. Feature OCEAN on at least one sports magazine]

Project Description

[ There are few things in the world that enjoy the love and attention given to sports and sporting activities in general.

90 percent of the world’s population enjoys at least one form of sports either through active participation or through viewing.

Statistics show that in the united states alone 57.5 million people watched at least 1 digital sports content once a month and this figure is projected to hit 90 million by 2025, this does not account for other countries globally and the lesser-known sports events and activities.

Sports events like

Football

Basketball

Chess

Racing

Badminton

Volleyball

Tennis

Running and many others

Offers us a unique opportunity to amplify the OCEAN PROTOCOL message through research and contacts, we will identify smaller events in different locations globally to work with.

The channels we will explore will include but are not limited to

Sports events

Sports players

Sports teams

Sports Bulletins

Sports Newsletters

Sports Podcasts

Sports Magazines and publications

Sports Youtube channels

Sports Radio shows

E-sports and games

Athletes

Anything sports

Final Product

We strongly believe that this effort will eventually lead to partnerships, create awareness around OCEAN protocol thereby enabling OCEAN missions, allowing dataset to be published on ocean.

OUR MANDATE

Growth: through well-structured activities, onboard users into the ecosystem

Engagement: amplify the OCEAN PROTOCOL message using influencers focused on sports

Adoption- onboard people from web2 into web 3

Value Add Criteria

Usage of Ocean:

After this phase has concluded, we would have added new members and active Ocean Ambassadors who are ecosystem participants. This can subsequently lead to an increase in # of Active Users.

We are poised to achieve this because of our advantage of operating in arguably tapping into sports lovers and crypto adoption generally in the state.

Community active-ness:

Since we are a community comprised mostly of technical people, we are actively using Ocean SDKs and gaining experience and orientation. This will lead to new projects and contributions to projects like Ocean Missions, Algovera, etc.

Adding value to the overall community:

As we continue driving our message and mission; more talent and on-lookers will notice. This will be a self-fulfilling prophecy as it would keep feeding into the chances of success of the first criterion, which is the Usage of Ocean. When we do our job right, the loop restarts.

Core Team

Damon Weber

Role: CEO

Relevant Credentials

Linkedln: https://www.linkedin.com/in/damon-weber-5a42b8161/

Owner / CEO at Pasua U.S.A. Agro Limited

Imtiyaz Sayed

Role: CFO

Relevant Credentials

Linkedln: https://www.linkedin.com/in/imtiyaz-sayed-aa434ab1/

Sales Manager at Iris Global Services

Funding Requested

Minimum Funding Requested

Wallet Address
0x016b73063C432f5EFb3f04d3e5c20cFC3fFC7601

Hey, I think your “OCEAN” project name is a bit misleading. In my opinion “OCEAN” as an alone standing term should be reserved for Ocean Protocol. Maybe rename it to “OCEAN | SPORT DAO AWARENESS”.

Hi Sports Team,

Thank you for participating in OceanDAO Round 18!

We try to make your first grant easy to earn (you are registered in the New Entrant Earmark)

We would also recommend one (or all) of the following steps:

1. Say hi to the community in #ocean-dao and share your proposal.
  1. Voting period is 4 days, ending Monday, 13th June, 23:59 UTC. Talk about your project and ask your community to vote as much as you can. We will share/retweet as much as we can.

2. Say hi to the members of the #project-guiding WG and find your guide. They have experience in how best to propose and run OceanDAO projects, they can be found using the discord link above. I assure you they are very friendly :heart:

3. Attend a Town Hall or join a working group, you can see the meetings in the events calendar in Discord.

4. Keep your project guide close, they are here to help you. Feel free to ask for a quick call, sharing-sessions, feedback, or contacts to other projects in the ecosystem.

5. If you win a grant, make sure to claim it yourself within 12 days(!) after voting period ended, right here: https://oceanprotocol.com/web3Tools

6. When BUIDLing with your grant, feel free to share your amazing updates here: Discord

7. Welcome aboard! Reach out anytime if you have questions, either to me or in the Project Guiding Working Group. Enjoy yourself and build towards a #NewDataEconomy with us! :ocean::yin_yang::raised_hands:

Upkar Gata-Aura
Project Guide

I can see that this proposal is largely the same as the one submitted in Round 17, and there was a question submitted by Trent McConaghy that still has not been addressed.

“Could you describe how specifically your project aligns with the mission & values of Ocean, and how it might serve a data sharing ecosystem.”

Can you please respond with an answer to this, as it’s not clear how exactly this proposal serves the data sharing ecosystem?

After further discussion with the Ocean Project Guiding Working Group, since you have not answered this question in R17 and the proposal is almost unchanged in R18, until this question from Trent is answered satisfactorily, I cannot as a guide give this proposal my support, and the Project Guiding Working Group will refrain from providing support for this proposal and any future proposal from this team.

I recommend that you comment with a reply as soon as possible.

Hello @abrom8, thanks for the feedback, I also tried to edit and update the name after creating the proposal but I was unable to. The name field is disabled whenever I tried to. I am sorry.

Hello @zippy1979, I am sorry for replying late, I did not check the port too often as we focus more on the notion page, I am joining the Ocean Protocol Discord channel shortly.

We are crypto lovers and also love sport, as well as have a vested interest in seeing the OCEAN PROTOCOL project alive and skyrocketing :rocket:, there are over 3.5 Billion football fans, 2.5 Billion Cricket lovers among others, we sport lovers do not just love watching the sports, we also follow sports news, and join different sport online and offline channels (Twitter, Reddit, etc) to discuss our interest, this proposal plans to leverage on this sports channels and meetups to intentional promote OCEAN protocol and create awareness around the project which overall makes OCEAN protocol more visible, this we believe is in line with OCEAN mission.

Hi Damon,

Thank you for engaging with us here :heart:

It is still unclear to me how promoting Ocean Protocol to Sports fans serves a Data Sharing Ecosystem? Could you please be more specific in how this outreach proposal provides value to Ocean in that context?