Part 1 - Proposal Submission
Name of Project: Transcription of the Official YouTube Channel Videos
Proposal in one sentence: Transcription and review of the 47 official Ocean Protocol YouTube channel videos and every new video uploaded until 31 December 2021.
Description of the project and what problem is it solving: Subtitles are important for better understanding the content of the videos and offer greater accessibility.
.SBV text files uploaded here (Google Drive) for the videos:
Completed work marked with x
- [ ] Tutorial | Algorithms and Compute Jobs live on Ocean Market
- [x] One Year of Voices of the Data Economy:studio_microphone:
- [ ] Data Economy Challenge Bonus Prize Webinar | Vitor Py, CTO
- [x] Data Economy Challenge Bonus Prize Webinar | Tom Langer & Can Kisagun, Secret Network
- [x] Data Economy Challenge Bonus Prize Webinar | Eylon Aviv, Partnerships
- [x] Data Economy Challenge Bonus Prize Webinar | Jeremy Musighi, Head of Growth at Balancer Labs
- [x] Data Economy Challenge Bonus Prize Webinar | Jonathan Victor, Product & BD at Protocol Labs
- [x] Data Economy Challenge Bonus Prize Webinar | Micha Roon, CTO of Energy Web Foundation
- [x] Data Economy Challenge Kick-Off Webinar
- [x] Binance Summit: Blockchain Applied | Ocean V3 - Publish, Sell and Stake on Valuable Data, Bruce Pon
- [x] Ocean Market Demo | Matthias Kretschmann, Ocean Designer & Developer
- [ ] Datatokens & Ocean Market | Trent McConaghy, Ocean Founder
- [ ] On Earning by Staking Data, Selling Data and Building Markets | Trent McConaghy, Ocean Founder
- [ ] Ocean Compute-to-Data | Technical Workshop
- [ ] PANEL | The New Art Economy as Data Economy
- [ ] Michael Zargham, Founder and CEO BlockScience - Engineering the Data Economy
- [ ] Marcus Jones, Ocean Protocol Data Scientist - Empowering a new AI ecosystem with Ocean
- [ ] Marcus Jones, Lead Data Scientist - Ocean Protocol - Beyond Data
- [ ] Infrastructure for the New Data Economy | Technical Deep Dive
- [ ] Lawrence Lundy-Bryan, Head of Research - Outlier Ventures - The Convergence Stack
- [ ] Collaborative AI Orchestration : Challenges and Opportunities
- [ ] Project Manta Ray | 1. Introduction
- [ ] Project Manta Ray | 2. Tokens
- [ ] Project Manta Ray | 3. Publish & Register
- [ ] Project Manta Ray | 4. Search
- [ ] Project Manta Ray | 5. Consume
- [ ] Trent McConaghy, Co-Founder - Ocean Protocol - V1 Beta Product Release
- [ ] Ocean Protocol & Fabric Ventures AMA with Richard Muirhead
- [ ] Troy McConaghy, Special Projects - Ocean Protocol - Ocean Network
- [ ] Dimitri de Jonghe, Co-Founder & Research - Ocean Protocol - Trilobite Demo
- [ ] Dimitri de Jonghe, Co-Founder & Research - Ocean Protocol - Service Execution Agreements
- [ ] Maria McKavanagh, COO - Verv - How is Verv contributing to the New Data Economy?
- [ ] Sebastian Gerske - Ocean Protocol - Parity Secret Stores
- [ ] Chris Ballinger, CEO & Founder at MOBI - How AI Will Impact the Automotive Sector
- [ ] Francesco Gadaleta, Founder - fitchain.io - Decentralized Private Machine Learning
- [ ] Fang Gong, Researcher - Bringing Privacy to Ocean Protocol
- [ ] Dr. Irene Lopez de Vallejo, Head of Partnerships - What problem will Ocean solve?
- [ ] Marcus Jones, Data Scientist - How will Ocean help data scientists?
- [ ] Enrique Ruiz Garcia, Software Developer - Why do we believe in Open Source?
- [ ] Malte Sielski, Development Intern - What is an open source community?
- [ ] Dr. Dimitri De Jonghe, Head of Research - What drives you to work for Ocean Protocol?
- [ ] Aitor Argomaniz, VP of Engineering - What can Ocean Protocol do for data owners?
- [ ] Ahmed Ali, Software Engineer - What is service integrity?
- [ ] John Enevoldsen, Growth Lead - Who are some of Ocean’s partners?
- [ ] Trent McConaghy, Co-Founder - Curated Proof Markets & Token-Curated Identities in Ocean Protocol
- [ ] Trent McConaghy, Co-Founder - Token Design as Optimization Design
- [ ] Kerstin Eichmann, innogy Innovation Hub - Machine Economy and IoT
P.S. The forum has a limit of 50 links max per post.
- Transcription by me and @George0x
- Review of each others work.
- Re-watch the videos in final format for potential mistakes.
Which category best describes your project? Pick one.
- [x] Outreach / community / spread awareness
Which Fundamental Metric best describes your project? Pick one.
- [x] $ Proposed / $ Funded (Your project helps generate, and fund more proposals)
With the transcription available in English it opens the door for translation to more languages.
According to information from SocialBlade the official Ocean Protocol YouTube channel has an average of 1925 views per month during the last 12 months (October 2020 - September 2021).
We believe that can be increased by a factor of 2. In order to find the monthly average in views increase we should measure it against the next 12 months.
How we priced:
Video Hours: ~18
Words / Hour: ~8000 words.
A total of ~144000 words.
~144000 words * $0.14 = $20160
Upcoming videos until 31 December 2021 are included in the word pricing. So no extra funding required.
Bang: 23100 (1925 views * 12 months) / Buck: $20000 * 100% = x1.15
Funding Requested: $20000
Proposal Wallet Address: 0x6d1ff3f2bb14621ba4e6e48e7d4e8e075461d265
Have you previously received an OceanDAO Grant (Y/N)? N
Twitter Handle (if applicable): https://twitter.com/adalgiso_bar
Discord Handle (if applicable): Adalgiso#7822
Project lead Contact Email: email@example.com
Country of Residence: USA
Part 2 - Team
- Role: Transcriber, Reviewer
- Relevant Credentials:
- Transcriber at Netflix (February 2018 - January 2020)
- Involved in the cryptocurrency space since 2016
- Role: Transcriber, Reviewer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discord: George0x777#7332
- Transcriber at AppTek (March 2017 - April 2020)
- DeFi Yield Farmer
Part 3 - Proposal Details
Project Deliverables - Category:
- [x] IF: Outreach / community, then (one or more of):
- 47 video subtitles will be published at: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GBFpKBqhl7UOGh9gE3Pu866iijnqzyuC?usp=sharing
Project Deliverables - Roadmap
- What is the project roadmap?
47 reviewed subtitles will be published by October 31, 2021. New videos uploaded will be transcribed as soon as possible after upload. All of the new videos uploaded would have their subtitles ready by 31 December, 2021.
- Please include the team’s future plans and intentions.
We expect feedback and we will update the subtitles if mistakes are found. We have marked inaudible audio with the following tag: [INAUDIBLE].
EDIT: In order to address pricing concerns that we received from the community, we are vouching in good faith to transcribe the podcasts of the Voices of the Data Economy episodes (14 episodes * ~40 minutes) and upload them in video format to a new YouTube channel. In addition we are going to transcribe future episodes of the podcasts until 12/31/2021.