Mantis Data Solutions | H2O Snapshot Strategy | Round 19

Project Name

Mantis Data Solutions

Project Category

Core Software

Proposal Earmark

New Entrants

Proposal Description

This project solves OceanDAO Issue #517: Create H2O voting strategy.

This project is complete and all deliverables have been met. In fact, it’s likely that the H2O strategy was already used in R19.

I’m proud of this H2O snapshot strategy because it’s so short and concise. It consists of a single subgraph query that returns a list of safes matching the given collateral type and their collateral amounts, grouped by user. The strategy then uses map() & reduce() to calculate the list of voter scores.

It took me 6 hours to implement this strategy + 1 hour to write this proposal and provide follow-up support. I also spent about 25 USD worth of ETH to create a 2nd H2O vault to verify that the strategy works for users with multiple H2O vaults.

Grant Deliverables

H2O snapshot strategy merged into GitHub - snapshot-labs/snapshot-strategies: Snapshot voting strategies

Project Description

Mantis Data Solutions develops Ocean Protocol core tech improvements.

Final Product

Mantis Data Solutions aims to improve the Ocean Protocol core tech through participation in the core tech working group and by completing core tech earmarks.

Value Add Criteria

How do the project and proposal add value to the Ocean ecosystem?

Before this project, adding OCEAN collateral to H2O vaults reduced the user's voting power in the OceanDAO. This project allows user's to retain their voting power while also allowing them to borrow against their OCEAN.

Usage of Ocean - how well might the project drive usage of Ocean?

This project will drive usage of Ocean as collateral for minting H2O stablecoins.

Viability - what is the chance of success of the project?

100%, the project is already complete.

Community Engagement - How active is the team in the community?

I have attended all but one of the Core Tech WG meetings in the past two months. I'm also active in the dev-support channel and am actively pursuing funding for my Arweave Integration project through the Shipyard program. I also worked for the Ocean Protocol Foundation from April 2021 - June 2022.

Community Value - How does the project add value to the overall Ocean Community / Ecosystem?

This project will hopefully increase the amount of OCEAN used to vote in OceanDAO, assuming current H2O minters are also active OceanDAO voters.

Core Team

David Hunt-Mateo

Role: Web3 Software Developer

Relevant Credentials (e. g): B.S. Double Major in Computer Engineering and Computer Science from the University of Wisconsin Madison

Github: https://github.com/MantisClone

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-hunt-mateo/

Background/Experience: Worked full-time for the Ocean Protocol Foundation from April 2021 to June 2022

Advisors

Funding Requested

Minimum Funding Requested

Wallet Address
0x1EC1CcEF3e1735bdA3F4BA698e8a524AA7c93274

Project submitted deliverables:

H2O Snapshot Strategy PR: Add H2O strategy [h2o] by MantisClone · Pull Request #700 · snapshot-labs/snapshot-strategies · GitHub

1 Like

Admin:

Hi, Thank you for submitting an update for your previous proposal! Your Grant Deliverables have been reviewed and look to be in good condition. We have also looked at your Project Standing, it looks to be in good condition and ready to apply for another grant. We would like to thank you for your positive contributions to the Ocean Ecosystem and I look forward to reviewing future proposals from your project. Thx & All the best! Your OceanDAO Team