*Part 1 - Proposal Submission (Mandatory)
Name of Project: LYNX
Proposal in one sentence:
All human wearable data will be owned and controlled by individual users through privacy-preserving infrastructure, which will power safe and rewarding user experiences, including within and beyond the metaverse.
Description of the project and what problem is it solving:
LYNX is a backend data management system for real-time biometric user data collected through wearables and interfaces (including brain-computer interfaces (BCIs), fitness trackers and eye-tracking technologies). LYNX is able to amalgamate data from multiple wearables to create a true “digital twin”. Users retain ownership over their raw data, while compute-to-data technology on Ocean ensures safe interactions with third parties — including independent algorithm providers to revolutionise wearable UX, and Web3 marketplaces for tokenised rewards.
Grant Deliverables: (Provide us with a check-boxed list of deliverables for the funding provided.)
- [ ] Obtain feedback on ‘lite’ paper v2 from targeted specialist individuals (e.g. neuroethics professors). For this, we will need to reach beyond our current professional network to identify these skill sets (written for grant 12).
- [ ] Distribute and analyse feedback from surveys (created for grant 12).
- [ ] User interviews will be conducted with a targeted group of participants and businesses to understand different market segments and thus identify early adopters to target.
- [ ] Publish FAQs in our documentation (docs.lynx.phas3.io/faq) that arise through the above feedback steps.
- [ ] Add definitions for jargon/technical terms in a ‘Glossary’ (docs.lynx.phas3.io/glossary).
- [ ] Design and create unique LYNX branding to help communicate our project to a wider audience.
- [ ] Plan Hackathon with Algovera.
Which category best describes your project? Pick one.
- [ ] Build / improve applications or integrations to Ocean
- [x] Outreach / community / spread awareness (grants don’t need to be technical in nature)
- [ ] Unleash data
- [ ] Build / improve core Ocean software
- [ ] Improvements to OceanDAO
Which Fundamental Metric best describes your project? Pick one.
- [ ] Data Consume Volume
- [ ] Datatoken Contracts
- [ ] Total Value Locked
- [x] Network Revenue
- [ ] Market WAU (Weekly market participants in Ocean Market or across all data markets)
- [ ] $ Proposed / $ Funded (Your project helps generate, and fund more proposals)
- [ ] Other. Explain…
What is the final product?:
A privacy-preserving backend data management system for real-time biometric user data collected through interfaces and wearables, with access to a marketplace of algorithms for analysing this data, combined with safe two-way interactions with third-parties (from metaverse experiences to “digital medicine”) and the potential for tokenised rewards.
How does this project drive value to the “fundamental metric” (listed above) and the overall Ocean ecosystem? This is best expressed as Expected ROI, details here.
According to the “value add criteria”, the project will drive ocean usage (1), add to community activeness (3), and add value to the community/ecosystem (4). In summary:
- The project will drive new users to Ocean protocol for the purpose of analysis of their raw wearable data (via compute-to-data AI algorithms).
- These same users can then share this analysed data (e.g. labels or tags) with third parties through Ocean in return for rewards and/or experiences.
- Third-parties that will be driven to Ocean protocol to consume wearable data may include gaming companies (e.g. for enhanced UX), health tracker and “digital medicine” companies, and any company looking to investigate user experience (e.g. from hotels to film producers).
- Independent AI algorithm developers and small AI companies will be driven to Ocean protocol as they will be able to offer their algorithms directly to wearable users through our product.
Funding Requested: (Amount of USD your team is requesting - see the available funding levels here)
Proposal Wallet Address: (must have minimum 500 OCEAN in wallet to be eligible. This wallet is where you will receive the grant amount if selected).
Have you previously received an OceanDAO Grant (Y/N)? Y
Team Website (if applicable): phas3.io
Twitter Handle (if applicable): @LYNX_Technology
Discord Handle (if applicable): xandra#1434 Shamburgularara#7217
Project lead Contact Email: email@example.com
Country of Residence: Hong Kong
Part 2 - Team
For each team member, give their name, role and background such as the following.
- Role : Neuroscientist & User Researcher
- ResearchGate : https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sarah-Hamburg
- Github : https://github.com/shamburgularara
- Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarah-hamburg-phd-9510a910a
- Co-founder at Phas3 (phas3.io)
- Cognitive Neuroscience (EEG) PhD (UCL)
- Interim co-founder & user researcher at Opscientia DAO
- Kernel Block III
- Global Technology at JPM
- Role : Software and Data Engineer
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexandra-mccarroll-469108133
- Github: https://github.com/XandraMcC
- Co-founder at Phas3 (phas3.io)
- Computer Science MSc (University of Bath 2022)
- Interim co-founder & software engineer at Opscientia DAO
- Kernel Block III
- Role : Mentor | Engineering (Cambridge) | Serial Entrepreneur & Venture Capitalist
- Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/rgjamenyogbo/
- Ecosystem Growth at Protocol Labs
- Core & Founding Team at BCG Green Ventures
- Mentor at Techstars
*Part 3 - Proposal Details (Recommended)
Project Deliverables - Category:
- Carry out 5-10 user or B2B interviews.
- Publish survey & v2 feedback.
- Publish FAQs & Glossary in our documentation.
- Have LYNX branding on our website & socials.
- Plan Hackathon with Algovera
Project Deliverables - Roadmap:
- [x] Our Telegram group has increased by over 50% in the last month (from 13 to 20 members) and includes AI specialists, BCI specialists, medical professionals, academics, UX researchers, and engineers.
- [x] We have written v2 of our ‘lite’ paper after some very positive and constructive feedback from our professional network. We received over 20 feedback responses which will shape our user and market research going forward. Available at https://docs.lynx.phas3.io/.
- [x] We have developed our revised roadmap and made this available at https://docs.lynx.phas3.io/roadmap.
- [x] We had made our Twitter account @LYNX_Technology
- [x] A survey has been designed, developed and ready to distribute to gather market feedback and gauge interest in our product.
- [x] We have set up relationships with Data Union, Algovera, Brains@Play, and Healthcare_data_guild.
Next in our journey is the ‘Problem Validation’ stage, which requires user research. This will be funded by grant 13. Please see a more comprehensive team roadmap at https://docs.lynx.phas3.io/roadmap.
User research (Funded by grant 13)
- Research will include gathering and consolidating feedback from a survey on our ‘lite’ paper.
- User interviews will be conducted with a targeted group of participants to understand different market segments and thus identify early adopters to target.
- Both Alexandra and Sarah have worked and completed multiple grants with Opscientia (Project Coral).
- LYNX has been granted $5000 from the Filecoin foundation for initial user research work.
- LYNX was granted $3000 in grant round 12.