Part 1 - Proposal Submission (Mandatory)
All human wearable data will be owned and controlled by individual users through privacy-preserving infrastructure, which will power safe and rewarding user experiences, including within and beyond the metaverse.
Description of the project and what problem is it solving:
LYNX is a backend data management system for real-time biometric user data collected through wearables and interfaces (including brain-computer interfaces (BCIs), fitness trackers and eye-tracking technologies). LYNX is able to amalgamate data from multiple wearables to create a true “digital twin”. Users retain ownership over their raw data, while compute-to-data technology on Ocean ensures safe interactions with third parties — including independent algorithm providers to revolutionise wearable UX, and Web3 marketplaces for tokenised rewards.
- [ ] Obtain feedback on our draft ‘lite’ paper from 15-20 people (including outreach and engagement with BCI, bio-hacker, neuroethics and Web3 communities)
- [ ] Iterate ‘lite’ paper based on this feedback and publish on our website
- [ ] Create ‘lite’ paper open feedback survey and circulate to relevant communities for extensive crowd-sourced feedback, FAQs and community building
- [ ] Grow “Neuroverse” Telegram group (our early community) by >50%. New members to include people with aligned expertise (e.g. Web3 + AI, neuroethics, biohackers, BCI engineers)
Which category best describes your project? Pick one.
- [ ] Build / improve applications or integrations to Ocean
- [x] Outreach / community / spread awareness (grants don’t need to be technical in nature)
- [ ] Unleash data
- [ ] Build / improve core Ocean software
- [ ] Improvements to OceanDAO
Which Fundamental Metric best describes your project? Pick one.
- [ ] Data Consume Volume
- [ ] Datatoken Contracts
- [ ] Total Value Locked
- [x] Network Revenue
- [ ] Market WAU (Weekly market participants in Ocean Market or across all data markets)
- [ ] $ Proposed / $ Funded (Your project helps generate, and fund more proposals)
- [ ] Other. Explain…
What is the final product?:
A privacy-preserving backend data management system for real-time biometric user data collected through interfaces and wearables, with access to a marketplace of algorithms for analysing this data, combined with safe two-way interactions with third parties (from metaverse experiences to “digital medicine”) and the potential for tokenised rewards.
How does this project drive value to the “fundamental metric” (listed above) and the overall Ocean ecosystem?
According to the “value add criteria”, the project will drive ocean usage (1), add to community activeness (2), and add value to the community/ecosystem (3). In summary:
- The project will drive new users to Ocean protocol for the purpose of analysis of their raw wearable data (via compute-to-data AI algorithms).
- These same users can then share this analysed data (e.g. labels or tags) with third parties through Ocean in return for rewards and/or experiences.
- Third-parties that will be driven to Ocean protocol to consume wearable data may include gaming companies (e.g. for enhanced UX), health tracker and “digital medicine” companies, and any company looking to investigate user experience (e.g. from hotels to film producers).
- Independent AI algorithm developers and small AI companies will be driven to Ocean protocol as they will be able to offer their algorithms directly to wearable users through our product.
USD$3000 (New Project)
Proposal Wallet Address:
Have you previously received an OceanDAO Grant (Y/N)? N - not for this project
Team Website (if applicable): phas3.io
Twitter Handle (if applicable): @XandraMcC @Shamburgularara
Discord Handle (if applicable): xandra#1434 Shamburgularara#7217
Project lead Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Country of Residence: Hong Kong
Part 2 - Team
For each team member, give their name, role and background such as the following.
- Role : Neuroscientist & User Researcher
- Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarah-hamburg-phd-9510a910a
- ResearchGate : https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sarah-Hamburg
- Github : https://github.com/shamburgularara
- Co-founder at Phas3 (phas3.io)
- Cognitive Neuroscience (EEG) PhD (UCL)
- Interim co-founder & user researcher at Opscientia DAO
- Kernel Block III
- Global Technology at JPM
- Role : Software & Data Engineer
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexandra-mccarroll-469108133
- Github: https://github.com/XandraMcC
- Co-founder at Phas3 (phas3.io)
- Computer Science MSc (University of Bath 2022)
- Interim co-founder & software engineer at Opscientia DAO
- Kernel Block III
- Big Data Engineer at HSBC (Consultant)
- Role : Mentor | Engineering PhD (Cambridge) | Serial Entrepreneur & Venture Capitalist
- Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/rgjamenyogbo/
- Ecosystem Growth at Protocol Labs
- Core & Founding Team at BCG Green Ventures
- Mentor at Techstars
Part 3 - Proposal Details (Recommended)
Project Deliverables - Category:
- Revised lite paper will be published on our website.
- More than 6 people from niche communities will be added to our Telegram group.
Project Deliverables - Roadmap
- Team website has been set up at: phas3.io.
- ‘Neuroverse’ Telegram community set up - growth has been organic through word-of-mouth so far.
- Draft lite paper has been published at https://phas3.notion.site/LYNX-ce6eda749e0440509b56f890df28a435.
After Stage 0
Stage 1: Research
- Technical research to validate the accuracy and latency of compute-to-data analysis on real-time streamed data
- Analysis and appropriate technical stack to build data infrastructure
- Data market analysis
- Design & build a proof-of-concept for user research
- User research to identify early adopter market segment (e.g. performance enhancement)
- User interviews will be conducted with 50-100 participants to understand different market segments and thus identify early adopters to target (the initial piece of research will cover the research design and the first 10 user interviews, before the programme is then further expanded)
- Examples include: professional gamers, athletes, “biohackers”, and high-pressure occupations (e.g. high frequency traders).
- Explore both B2C and B2B revenue streams
- B2C: As part of the user research protocol, participants will be asked about their current and estimated reasonable future spending on wearable technology.
- B2B: Wearable companies will be interviewed to investigate partnership opportunities.
- Market Research
- Explore existing solutions.
- Identify gaps in the market.
- Carry out RAID analysis.
Stage 2: Prototype Development
After research has been concluded;
- Build prototype
- Contract developer(s) and designer(s) to help build out product from data gathered in step 1.
- User test prototype with market segments identified and gather feedback for iteration for MVP development
Stage 3: MVP Development
After prototype development has been concluded;
- Raise capital
- Hire & train development team
- Build MVP and release to early adopters for feedback
- Both Alexandra and Sarah have worked and completed multiple grants with Opscientia (Project Coral).
- LYNX has been granted $5000 from the Filecoin foundation for initial user research work.