German AI/ML goes Ocean
Data Brokers and Evotegra will introduce Ocean and the Ocean Datamarket to the German AI Association representing 250 leading German AI/ML companies. Our goal is give Ocean the visibility to the industry, onboarding new publishers and potentially launch a German Ocean Market for AI/ML publishers and data service consumers.
Name of Project
German AI/ML goes Ocean
Proposal Wallet Address
The grant will be shared 50/50.
The proposal in just one sentence
Together we aim to kick-start the German Ocean-based data economy by introducing Ocean to the leading German AI/ML companies and the German AI Association.
Categories describing the project
 Unleash data (and new use cases)
What problem is your project solving?
We need more data. In order to foster sustainable growth the Ocean ecosystem needs high quality data services. Quality is by far the most important factor to make a market relevant to the business world and data science community.
We need more data consumers. A market grows and thrives on transaction volumes. Hungry data consumers looking for high quality data and innovation make a market a lively place buzzing with economic activity and development.
We need to establish a full chain of value creation. Once the critical amount of publishers, data services and consumers meet in a marketplace new services and new chains of value creation can be created.
Description of the project / How does this project drive value to the Ocean ecosystem?
Evotegra and Data Brokers have been proven to be a perfect fit with aligned interest. We are passionate about our business and convinced of the potential of Ocean Protocol. Together we will introduce Ocean Protocol and the Ocean Marketplace to other potential market participants with all the knowledge and experience we have gathered so far. We believe in the potential of Ocean being the connecting tissue of Germany’s and Europe’s future privacy-preserving and GDPR-compliant data economy.
What is the final product?
- A formal introduction to the German AI Association
- A meeting of representatives of Ocean Protocol Foundation and representatives of the German AI Association
- Introduction of Ocean Protocol to members of the German AI Association
- Support and Assistance for new publishers, data service providers and data consumers from Germany
- In the long run we aim to establish a German AI/ML marketplace based on Ocean Protocol via the Ocean Shipyard Programme
- Constant updates on the process under this proposal and following proposals
- New participants to the Ocean Marketplace and the Ocean Academy will be attracted
- Feedback and experiences will be channeled towards the Ocean Core team to assist further development of the marketplace based on AI/ML practitioners feedback
Project Deliverables - Roadmap
- January and February will be used to get in contact with the association and interested individuals
- During the course of February we will hopefully receive viable feedback and prepare a next meeting with the Ocean Core team
- Introduction to interested AI/ML publishers takes place in online demonstrations and workshops during the course of February and March
- Planning for a Shipyard application begins in March, based on market developments and experiences
Any prior work completed thus far?
- A number of important actors and data providers have already been identified.
- A number of critical bugs and improvements have been addressed, based on our experiences, and have been solved by the core team
- A high quality data set has been published to the market to gather first hand experience on market dynamics
- A pitch-deck has been submitted and is ready for presentation
What are key milestones and the target dates for each milestone?
- By the end of February a meeting with the German AI Association has taken place
- By the end of February we will be able to tell if there is further interest in a collaboration
- By the end of March we will be able to tell what leading German AI/ML companies think about the potential of Ocean Protocol in a German/European context
- Interested publishers, service providers and consumers have seen a demonstration / workshop to introduce them to the Ocean Marketplace by the end of March
- A number of new data services will be published on the Ocean Marketplace
Kai Meinke, Product Owner, Economist and Global Citizen from Kiel, Germany
Tobias Manthey, Managing Director, EvoTegra GmbH
An average publisher/data service provider can be considered to have a higher stake in the market than an average user. Based on the time horizon and growth of the market approx. 30.000 $Ocean for a potential new publisher.
Publishers Total Value Locked (TVL) about 30.000 * 50 = 1.500.000
An average high quality data pool can be estimated to have at least at TVL of 100.000 $Ocean over a year. To calculate this for 50 publishers we assume three pools per publisher.
Pools Total Value Locked (TVL) about 90.000 * 150 = 13.500.000
Trade volume will generate network revenue. While it is difficult to predict the total usage over a year we add another 2.500.000 on network revenue over the course of a year.
Bang: 13.500.000 + 1.500.000 + 2.500.000 = 17.500.000
Buck: 10.000 (+ following DAO funding rounds until end of year)
Chance of Success: 75%
Roughly estimated ROI over a year: 1750 * 0,75 > 1000