Data Brokers and Evotegra will continue to introduce Ocean Protocol and the decentralized Ocean Datamarket to leading German AI/ML companies. Our goal is give Ocean Protocol additional visibility to the AI/MLindustry, support new publishers in market exploration and to initiate the launch of a European/German Ocean Market for AI/ML publishers and data service consumers. With this 2nd proposals we seek for continued funding for our work that resulted in very positive feedback so far.
Name of Project
German AI/ML goes Ocean (continued)
Proposal Wallet Address
The grant will be shared 50/50.
The proposal in just one sentence
Together we aim to kick-start the European/German data economy by introducing Ocean Protocol to leading German AI/ML companies and through supporting interested companies in entering the market.
Categories describing the project
 Unleash data (and new use cases)
What problem is your project solving?
- We need more data. In order to foster sustainable growth the Ocean ecosystem needs high quality data services. Quality is by far the most important factor to make a market relevant to the business world and data science community.
- We need more data consumers. A market grows and thrives on transaction volumes. Hungry data consumers looking for high quality data and innovation make a market a lively place buzzing with economic activity and development.
- We need to establish a chain of value creation. Once the critical amount of publishers, data services and consumers meet in a marketplace new services and new chains of value creation can be created.
- We need to assist individuals, institutions and companies that want to explore the marketplace through personal meetings, the sharing of best-practices and on-boarding in the Ocean community.
- We need continued exposure to the demands and expectations of professional publishers and consumers in order to align the market with their perspectives and insights. This user driven development will ensure a market fit that can not be reached without continuous dialogue.
Description of the project / How does this project drive value to the Ocean ecosystem?
Evotegra and Data Brokers have been proven to be a perfect fit with aligned interest. We are passionate about our business and convinced of the potential of Ocean Protocol. Together we will introduce Ocean Protocol and the Ocean Marketplace to other potential market participants with all the knowledge and experience we have gathered so far. Furthermore we will assist publishers and consumers in market exploration. We believe in the potential of Ocean Protocol being the connecting tissue of Germany’s and Europe’s future privacy-preserving and GDPR-compliant data economy.
What is the final product?
- We assist German companies that would like to explore the market during each step of their journey.
- We reach out to other associations and organizations that want to build a data economy based on European Values, the Data Strategy of the German Federal Government and the Blockchain Strategy of the German Federal Government.
- In the long run we aim to establish a German AI/ML marketplace based on Ocean Protocol via the Ocean Shipyard Programme
- We expect this first level support to be in high demand after the first introductions have been successful and the full potential of the Ocean Datamarket has been realized by publishers and consumers.
- Constant updates on the process under this proposal and following proposals
- New participants to the Ocean Marketplace and the Ocean Academy will be attracted and supported
- Feedback and experiences will be channeled towards the Ocean Core team to assist further development of the marketplace based on AI/ML practitioners feedback
Project Deliverables - Roadmap
- March and April will be used to build on contacts with associations and interested individuals
- Additional introductions to interested AI/ML publishers and consumers takes place in online demonstrations and workshops during the course of March and April
- Planning for a Shipyard application begins in March, based on the feedback by members of the contacted associations
Any prior work completed thus far?
- A number of important actors and data providers have been identified (see outreach ship).
- A number of critical bugs and improvements have been addressed, based on our experiences, and have been solved by the core team
- A high quality data set has been published to the market to gather first hand experience on market dynamics
- An event on the future of the German/European data economy with Bruce Pon, organized by the German AI association, is on its way and will take place on March 4, 2021. About 300 companies have been invited and furthermore friends and supporters of the association.
What are key milestones and the target dates for each milestone?
- March 4, 2021, a successful meeting and discussion with the German AI Association has taken place
- By the end of March we will be able to tell if there is further interest in a collaboration
- By the end of March we will be able to tell what leading German AI/ML companies think about the potential of Ocean Protocol in a German/European context
- Interested publishers, service providers and consumers have seen a demonstration / workshop to introduce them to the Ocean Marketplace by the end of March
- A number of new data services will be published on the Ocean Marketplace by April
- Interested publishers will have received our full support in their journey towards market exploration
Kai Meinke, Product Owner, Ocean Protocol Ambassador, Economist and Global Citizen from Kiel, Germany
Tobias Manthey, Managing Director, EvoTegra GmbH
An average publisher/data service provider can be considered to have a higher stake in the market than an average user. Based on the time horizon and growth of the market approx. 30.000 $Ocean for a potential new publisher.
Publishers Total Value Locked (TVL) about 30.000 * 50 = 1.500.000
An average high quality data pool can be estimated to have at least at TVL of 100.000 $Ocean over a year. To calculate this for 50 publishers we assume three pools per publisher.
Pools Total Value Locked (TVL) about 90.000 * 150 = 13.500.000
Trade volume will generate network revenue. While it is difficult to predict the total usage over a year we add another 2.500.000 on network revenue over the course of a year.
Bang: 13.500.000 + 1.500.000 + 2.500.000 = 17.500.000
Buck: 20.000 (+ following DAO funding rounds until end of year)
Chance of Success: 75%
Roughly estimated ROI over a year: 875 * 0,75 > 656,25