DoDAO - Onboarding and Education Platform for DAOs/Blockchain Projects | Create Education and Onboarding Guides for new members | Round 17

Project Name

DoDAO - Onboarding and Education Platform for DAOs/Blockchain Projects

Project Category

Outreach

Proposal Earmark

New Entrants

Proposal Description

Please see the demo at this link

https://eth.dodao.io - DoDAOs onboarding platform enables DAOs to create interactive onboarding content in the form of guides. Our guides are far better than normal documentation in a number of ways

1. Guides are to-the-point and are meant to onboard users for a specific role or task.

2. Information is presented to the user in a piece-by-piece way i.e. in steps.

3. Guides have evaluation steps that force the user to go through the contents carefully

4. Guide completion is tracked i.e. we know the user’s wallet address, completion date, and score.

5. This data can be queried to apply smart logic like: gating of discord channels, gating of product boards, and proposal voting

6. Guides can be used to capture user information

7. Multiple guides can be combined into guide bundles

As part of the deliverables we will

1. Set up a white labeled website.

2. Two “Onboarding” Guides and Two “How To” Guides with 3-4 videos for each guide

Grant Deliverables

Two “Onboarding” Guides and Two “How To” Guides

We will set up a white labeled website.

Each of the guide will contain

• High Quality Thumbnails
  • Educational Content
  • Video for each step
  • Relevant questions

Using the platform is completely free.

We don’t have any funding in place and are purely working out of our passion, so any monetary help will help us move 10x faster on our mission

Project Description

Please see the demo at this link

https://eth.dodao.io - DoDAOs onboarding platform enables DAOs to create interactive onboarding content in the form of guides. Our guides are far better than normal documentation in a number of ways

Final Product

Four “Onboarding” Guides and Four “How To” Guides

We will setup a white labeled website.

Each of the guide will contain

1. High Quality Thumbnails
  2. Educational Content
  3. Video for each step
  4. Relevant questions

Using the platform is completely free.

We don’t have any funding in place and are purely working out of our passion, so any monetary help will help us move 10x faster on our mission

Value Add Criteria

1) Will increase active participation by 2-3 times at least as the new members will be clear about the how to contribute

2) Will increase the project awareness as it will be very easy to know about the project with the informational guides on specific topics

This video very well explains why guides are such a great value add

https://youtu.be/t4vKPhjcMZg?t=821

Core Team

Robin Nagpal

Funding Requested

Minimum Funding Requested

Wallet Address
0x5794e3BA7391b2b9806B738b20c3F2099e16Dd5d

Hi there,

Thank you for participating in OceanDAO Round 17!

Your proposal has been registered into the system and is already live for voting here:
https://vote.oceanprotocol.com/#/proposal/QmQ5E9uZaCzj4TG97n8fypc7BhrHNhWuN2SqCYfqqPr5Mv

We try to make your first grant easy to earn (you are registered in the New Entrant Earmark)

We would also recommend one (or all) of the following steps:

1. Say hi to the community in #ocean-dao and share your proposal.:
  1. Voting period is 4 days, ending Monday, April 11, 23:59 UTC. Talk about your project and ask your community to vote as much as you can. We will share/retweet as much as we can.

2. Say hi to the members of the #project-guiding WG and find your guide. They have experience in how best to propose and run OceanDAO projects:

1. Attend a Town Hall or join a working group:
  1. Keep your project guide close, they are here to help you. Feel free to ask for a quick call, sharing-sessions, feedback, or contacts to other projects in the ecosystem: Discord

2. If you win a grant, make sure to claim it yourself within 12 days(!) after voting period ended, right here: https://oceanprotocol.com/web3Tools

3. When BUIDLing with your grant, feel free to share your amazing updates here: Discord

4. Welcome aboard! Reach out anytime if you have questions, either to me or in the Project Guiding Working Group. Enjoy yourself and build towards a #NewDataEconomy with us! :ocean::yin_yang::raised_hands:

Best,
Christian Casazza

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you very much for the submission.

First, Ocean Academy is a community-led education program / movement that’s been steadily growing for 2+ years. Could you describe how your proposal would operate in light of this? Eg is it complementary, or otherwise.

Second, could you provide an overview of modules within the onboarding package, related to specific parts of the Ocean ecosystem / products please?

Thank you!

3 Likes

Hi DoDAO!
Great work, I can totally see the use for this structure of learning! As other community members have stated it might align well with Ocean Academy as an integration, might want to reach out to them.
That being said, IMO, Ocean Protocol Foundation is itself a very hands on community working on complex projects that in my mind have flourished with continuous 1:1 support and ideation via human interaction.
It’s a great product though, yet I’m personally challenged seeing where it might fit in the ecosystem.

2 Likes

Hi @trentmc0,

There is definitely some overlap on the education side, but there are many differences also. At DoDAO we do a lot on the onboarding side as well and that is what we will focus on primarily. Would love to chat with you on discord.

Regards,
Robin

I am sorry for the late reply. I just joined the discourse today and didn’t see the comments earlier.

1 Like

Hi @trentmc0,

Sorry for the late reply as I wanted to have something concrete before doing more talking :slight_smile:

Here is the white-labeled site for Onboarding for Ocean Protocol https://oceanprotocol.dodao.io and it has an “Intro to V4 Guide”. We can move it under your domain by just adding a CNAME record.

Here is the architecture of DoDAO and you definitely have the course part covered. Courses are like handbooks and “guides” are like one pagers.

We have nice discord integrations already. NFT/POAP and token incentivization are under development and should be complete in the next few weeks.

Ocean Protocol is one of the very few projects who have invested into courses and I am sure we will be able to relate to onboarding.

Very happy to see your commitment on the education side which forms the foundation of the project.

I would want to write more onboarding guides and will be great if you can provide some direction.

Hello, thanks for the response.

I wholeheartedly encourage you to engage with the Ocean Academy folks, to understand how your work can complement the work of Ocean Academy and maximize the total benefit to Ocean ecosystem.

Cheers,

Thanks for pointers @trentmc0 .

I will collaborate with members in the #academy channel in Discord.