Disrupt MLS - Project Update & Second Round of Funding

Name of Project: Disrupt MLS(Multiple Listing Service)

Proposal in one sentence: Disrupt/Introduce the centralization of homebuyer inventory data on the MLS

Description of the project and what problem is it solving:
NEW The project will seek to gain traction in markets where there is no centralized mls.

The data around home buying is centralized via the MLS. Realtors have to pay to access the data and upload it to the MLS, sellers have to pay realtors to place their listings on the MLS and sign exclusivity contracts to do so. Owners who want to subvert this process and list their property do not get the visibility that entering the MLS system provides. Disrupt MLS cuts out the realtors, traditional MLS and associated fees. It takes seller listings and puts them where buyers are, on sites like realtor.com , zillow, etc.

Grant Deliverables:

• Grant Deliverable 1 - landing page (COMPLETE)
  • Grant Deliverable 2 - database that will store data(COMPLETE)
  • Grant Deliverable 3 - api fetch data from landing page to store on database(COMPLETE)

UPDATE:
The grant deliverables are complete and are available for viewing @ https://b03f-2600-1700-8c90-3fe0-ac87-1ac0-afbd-abb3.ngrok.io/sign-up. The production domain is onemls.world
Deployment to production is currently underway and will be complete before the voting round.

Code: https://github.com/jennyvallon/disrupt_mls/
Blog Post: https://medium.com/@jennyvallon/disrupt-mls-removing-the-multiple-listing-system-unleashing-data-onto-ocean-market-b05fbdbd6343
Screen shots:

Which category best describes your project?

• Build & Integrate

Which Fundamental Metric best describes your project?

• Primary Metric: “$ Data token Consuming Volume”.
  • Secondary Metric: “Total Value Locked”.

What is the final product?:
The final product is a service that collects, stores and displays sellers listings outside of the MLS. This valuable data can then be accessed directly by wholesalers or investors (who place a premium on listings outside of the MLS) and access can be sold to by sites such as Zillow and Realtor which will add more value to their platforms.

How does this project drive value to the “fundamental metric” (listed above) and the overall Ocean ecosystem?

• We can get minimum 30 data buyers (and thousands of data sellers in the form of FSBO listings).

• Each buyer does (20K OCEAN / month) of consume volume on Ocean Market. This is a total of 600K OCEAN / month consume volume.

• This is the average recurring volume for future months.

• So bang = 30K OCEAN.

• Grant size = buck = 10K USD

• So ROI = bang / buck = 30K OCEAN / 20K OCEAN = 1.5.

• Proposer’s estimate of % chance of success = 70%

• Final: expected ROI = 0.70 * 1.5 = 1.05

As it stands now, There are multiple MLSes that compete with each other. It stands to reason that this service can thrive in the system as it currently exists and out live it as disruption in the Real estate space persists.

Funding Requested: (Amount of USD your team is requesting - Round 11 Max @ $10,00)

Proposal Wallet Address: 0x89128D2be9163d65b3dF2Ebf088A0904Dc48B625

Have you previously received an OceanDAO Grant (Y/N)? Y

Country of Residence: United States

Part 2 - Team

IMPORTANT: See Criterion (4). One Project/One proposal on communicating “Core Team” versus “Advisor”. You may be ineligible if not correctly updated.

Core Team

NEW

For each team member, give their name, role and background such as the following.

Jenny V.

Advisers

Dianne Jennings - Real Estate Broker and Lender in Georgia, United States

NEW TEAM MEMBERS

PR Consultant
SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Both roles will be critical to facilitate the objectives of this rounds proposal

Part 3 - Proposal Details

Project Deliverables - Category:

• Data will be made available on Ocean Market

If the project includes software:

• Are there any mockups or designs to date? Yes (see screen shots above)
  • An overview of the technology stack?
    Node, React, MLABs

Project Deliverables - Roadmap

• Any prior work completed thus far? Yes
  • What is the project roadmap? That is: what are key milestones, and the target date for each milestone.

Milestone 1 => Get a landing page ready to capture email / potential customer information(COMPLETE)
Milestone 2 => Set up social media channels, get ad creatives to drive traffic to the landing page, Collect potential consumer data
Milestone 3=> Deliver Create listing page,

Milestone 2 is the proposal deliverable for Round 12

1 Like

Hi there,

For transparency, starting R12, all proposals will have to be funded within 2 weeks of winning a grant.

The funding deadline is December 27th 23:59 GMT.

You can read our wiki and how to submit a funding request to learn more.

1 Like

[Deliverable Checklist]

• [ ] Set up Social Media Channels (Twitter/ @OneMLSworld) (Completed)
  • [ ] Added Marketing Professional on the team who is driving traffic to the landing page through highly targeted ads ==> Aiden de la Cruz. (Completed)
  • [ ] Project is now live @ onemlsworld.com (Completed)

@AlexN

Hi Jenny, thanks for updating us with your deliverables.

We are updating our systems and have recently made it so you need to use our Proposal Portal, to submit updates.

I noticed your post, and noticed our notion page was out of date. I have updated it for you and others.

Could you please try following those instructions and trying again?

If you need to assing a new wallet, I have provided documentation to help guide you.

Please notice that you need to complete this in order to submit your proposal. We have shared a lot of news around it, but you can read the latest support message here on Discord:

All the best @jenny!

Project submitted deliverables:

The final product is a service that collects, stores and displays sellers listings outside of the MLS. This valuable data can then be accessed directly by wholesalers or investors (who place a premium on listings outside of the MLS) and access can be sold to by sites such as Zillow and Realtor which will add more value to their platforms.

Milestone 1 => Get a landing page ready to capture email / potential customer information(COMPLETE) Milestone 2 => Set up social media channels, get ad creatives to drive traffic to the landing page, Collect potential consumer data Milestone 3=> Deliver Create listing page

For this proposal we delivered the following on Milestone 2:

[Deliverable Checklist]

[ x ] Set up Social Media Channels (Twitter/ @OneMLSworld) (Completed)

[ x ] Added Marketing Professional on the team who is driving traffic to the landing page through highly targeted ads ==> Aiden de la Cruz. (Completed)

[ x ] Project is now live @ onemlsworld.com (Completed)

1 Like

Hi @jenny!

Thanks for submitting your deliverables!

I reviewed your deliverables and am wondering if perhaps you could look into why the website is down, and perhaps fix it so I can have a look around?

I’d like to accept your deliverables, but your twitter account was created within the last 3 days, and I can’t verify your progress by looking at your website, or in your github.

If you could please share with us a bit more, we would love to get you sorted out for R16.

Cheers!

The website is onemls.world

My initial tying was a typo. So sorry! @idiom-bytes

1 Like

Hi @jenny, thanks for updating that and letting us know.

I think it would be constructive for you to expand on your deliverables, especially with regards to Milestone #2. In particular, you might want to share specific milestones with regards to the funding that you received for R12, especially as it relates to this outcome.

You may want to consider how to provide an update in order to reconcile your deliverables. Please read this blog post for further information.

I’m looking a bit at history/financials and think it would be constructive for you to perhaps share a bit more with the DAO. Right now, as it is, I can’t accept your deliverables.

Here are my concerns:

• You pointed towards the website being delivered, but that was an R9 deliverable.
  • The main deliverable of your milestone seems to be driving traffic to the website, but the form doesn’t work and you have provided very little information about how R12 funds were applied to this deliverable, or the outcomes.
  • There is a significant amount of funding done up to this point.
  • The deliverable to setup twitter is a low effort task (so I’m not really putting any emphasis on it, neither to it being completed 3h ago).

For those reasons, I think it would be good to get a more thorough description of all the great stuff that might be happening behind the scenes, perhaps with the marketing campaigns that you have run as a result of your grant in R12.

All the best.

@idiom-bytes this is excellent feedback!

The form does work and there is a bug that has been logged to fix the users experience to register that the information has been successfully saved.

I just got off of a call with Adan our marketing professional. I impressed upon him the urgency to relay the information needed to satisfy the DAO. I will have the information by this evening.

I will ping when the information comes my way.

Many thanks!

JV

1 Like

Thank you for your understanding Jenny.

Due to the thin layer at the top, it might be good to overcommunicate everything that is taking place in the backend.

Also, I believe you had an API being worked on (previously delivered?) and I couldn’t find it anywhere.

Summarizing your major deliverables, milestones, and focusing this around the Ocean Ecosystem Value-Add Criteria would be a very constructive way for you to frame this update.

It might be helpful to communicate as a general %, how funds were distributed across major deliverables.

All the best!

The api layer does two things:

1. Is what sends pages to the client (verified by the page working when pinging the website)
  2. Sends user data to 3rd party services (in this case an object oriented database hosted by cloud.mongodb.com)

TLDR;

SUMMARY - Fund Dispersal for R12
40% toward engineering (DevOps, Infrastructure, bug fixes) on the backend there was a move from AWS, to Azure and we finally settled on Digital Ocean which gives the team a cutting edge on infrastructure management, automated deployments and some data points concerning traffic.
10% toward administration - We recently hired an administrator to manage permissions and administrative tasks for new team members on applications that power One MLS (Slack, Gmail, LastPass, Github, Digital Ocean, Cloud MongoDB, etc).
50% toward Marketing Plan team acquisition, plan development & ongoing execution.

SUMMARY - Social Media Plan and Execution
Towards our R12 deliverable we have curated a cohesive plan for social and the beginnings of it’s execution, however we are still searching for a team member to own that initiative. Until then I will be running our Twitter account to get the ball rolling on social and experiment with brand voice.

• Added an advisor to craft out roadmap for execution for social media
    -Created Twitter Page

SUMMARY - Marketing Strategy

• Added a marketing person to the team - yay!
  • Marketing Roadmap outlined below
  • Ad creatives (see below)
  • Evolution of the landing page to glean more valuable information from leads generated this has not been implemented yet because designs are still being finalized and infrastructure to point to page is still in the works. We also need to ensure data is handled in accordance to privacy concerns.
  • Ad buys

HOW DOES THIS TIE INTO Oceans Core Values?

• a. Usage of Ocean — how well might the project drive usage of Ocean?
    We are creating a platform that will exclusively depend on the use of Ocean to query it.
  • b. Viability — what is the chance of success of the project?
    There is a demand in multiple markets for this kind of solution. Because it does not exist, making the information exclusive to it’s gate keepers in the market. We can subvert that by democratizing access to read and write to this pool of information leading to further disruption of real estate on a global scale.

For more on both the above initiatives read more below.

@idiom-bytes Here is a much more in-depth look into our marketing & social media strategy as articulated by Sarah (Advisor - Social Media) & Adan (Marketing)

MARKETING

Our goal is to connect the world’s real estate marketplaces. Serving both the needs of
real estate professionals and the average home buyer or seller, in one place.

Targeting Real Estate Professionals
As the landscape of communication changes to be more social, most if not all real
estate professionals are heavily concentrated on social media channels such as
Facebook or Instagram. This makes it very convenient to both target this market and
extract valuable information from them.

Generating Real Estate Interest With Direct Response Advertising
Being able to both target and generate data will be vital to creating a product people will
love. Our strategies involve using “The Ask Method” a way to both drive curiosity and
present a reward driven call to action which act as both a sign of interest but also an
opportunity for our market to give us the data on what we need to make a valuable
product to our target market.

Marketing Campaign KPIs
Our main goal is to build an audience of interested users using a hyper-targeted
landing page (https://join.onemls.world) Generating leads while collecting valuable
feedback. Lead cost, Lead quantity and Lead response are the main 3 KPI’s

Marketing Strategy
Using Facebook/Instagram/TikTok Ads to generate lead data from our target market (ie:
real estate agents) by funneling them to a survey landing page.
We plan on using the “Ask Method” a process of analyzing responses and sorting
responses into buckets which tell us the types of response themes. The length of
responses indicate passion. Using multipliers we can sort between highly passionate
and dispassionate responses, using the response themes to bucket the common hot
buttons this market struggles with, which is what we will use to build and test our
solutions against.

This survey funnel will allow us to cultivate an owned audience channel that needs our
product by providing real time feedback on ongoing iterations, giving us a feedback loop
to test our ideas against. We have a goal of getting 100 users for our feedback loop.

Platform / Facebook Strategy
Facebook makes it easy to tap into existing audiences. There’s a few ways we could
reach our ideal target markets through direct response ads or joining the conversations
already taking place in Facebook Groups

Facebook / Instagram Ad Campaign Assumptions Using Facebook Ads
This is an example ad budget breakdown using very conservative and industry standard
numbers to give perspective on campaign performance
Ad Budget: $2,500/mo
CPM (cost to reach 1,000 people): $5
500,000 Impressions
Link CTR (percentage of people that click on our ad) 1% CTR
5,000 Clicks
CR (percentage of people who opt in) 1% Opt In
50 Leads/mo

These levers and can be scaled up or down based on the point we’re optimizing for (Link
CTR, CTR, CR)

landing page preview leveraging the ask method: https://app.funnel-preview.com/for_domain/clicktsunami.clickfunnels.com/optin1649094511291?updated_at=e226c89a54782bd429e3586539c04e20v2&track=0&preview=true

Also attached are sample ad creatives.

SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY

Main Channel: Twitter
Channels to create: LinkedIn, YT, FB, Instagram, TikTok, Discord, Medium, Telegram (these are for later deliverables)

Channel Assets: Profile image, Header image

Communication Pillars
Align with Ocean Protocol values and mission
Ocean Protocol aim to unlock data, for more equitable outcomes for users of data, using a thoughtful application of both technology and governance.

Communication Points
Mission + objectives
Need within industry
Current Industry Landscape
Project Updates + Timelines
Team
Impact within Ocean Ecosystem
Cooperations / Partnerships
Related innovation, both within + outside of OceanDAO

Social Media Manager Options
Agency
Intern
Web3 enthusiasts

Objectives:
Curate and create content on weekly basis. Relevant not only to project, but also to industry and existing ecosystem.
Create interesting and creative visual assets.
Community interaction and pulse check.

Launch Plan
Step 1
Create channels + share credentials within Lastpass or another password manager (to be created by Jenny)

• Security is TOP within the space. Do not share passwords using any other method

Step 2
Create OneMLS messaging (main communication points for project - used for various communication activities including social media and community management).

Develop a high-level identity for the brand [to better direct the SMM] - TOV,

Step 3
Using messaging and brand identity, create the 1st month of content to familiarize community to brand and project.

Step 4
During this month, we search and identify motivated individual to takeover building and maintenance of social media presence.

Things to discuss

• Budget
  • Working hours
  • Objectives for person
  • Messaging Brand Identity

Towards our R12 deliverable we have curated a cohesive plan for social and the beginnings of it’s execution, however we are still searching for a team member to own that initiative. Until then I will be running our Twitter account to get the ball rolling on social and experiment with brand voice.

1 Like

Admin: Hey @jennyvallon,

after thoroughly checking your submitted deliverables, we were not yet able to find sufficient indication of your targeted deliverables being live, working and met yet(!).

There are several good steps towards fulfilling your targeted state of deliverables from Round 12 proposal, especially great visuals and a first version of the website up since the past few days, yet others are still WIP or in early stage (new hires, working API, handover of data from website to backend/form functionality, etc.) that we feel they can use a bit more of maturing to be marked as “delivered”.

Hence we would love you to mature the work on some of the deliverables not fully functional / live yet, and provide an update by then, also to be able to apply for your next grant, e.g. in Round 17.

We hope you remain motivated to work towards a new data economy with us.

We are looking forward to more live functional features and live comms measure updates soon.

Jenny, one thing that stood out is that we tried to submit your form and could not.

I think it would be really constructive for you to have your core workflow intact, and perhaps share some more updates about this marketing campaign, sign ups, and your 2nd milestone.

Based on my simple calculation, you are averaging around $50/lead. Although this number could be peanuts compared to LTV, there doesn’t seem to be any conversion at the moment, and this accounts for about 1/4 of funding associated with the budget per month.

I’m just sharing a couple of things that I was able to extract from a top level, and thought I would comment on. The rejection message you have received above comes generally as an update, and my feedback here is exclusively mine.

Perhaps engaging a bit more with the DAO via Town Halls or in other channels, might be constructive as well so others can get a better sense for how things are evolving, and help get your project remain in good standing.

Hope this reads well.
All the best!

• Idiom
1 Like