Grant Application Details
Country of Residence - United Arab Emirates
Our Round 10 Pledge: 49’500 US$
Data Whale builds infrastructure surrounding Data Tokens and initiates generic outreach tactics that aim to support the adoption of the Ocean Marketplace, as well as Ocean Protocol technology in general.
What has Data Whale achieved since Round 9?
- Our YouTube Outreach continues to grow and our channel is recognized by the YouTube algorithm leading to an improved reach towards unique viewers through the YouTube search function.
- Our Twitter Outreach proves positive engagement rates, as we started engaging with other communities, such as Index Coop, to spread Ocean Protocol technology.
- Our General Outreach initiatives led to the following opportunities:
- a. Attend the ALT+F Summit to present Ocean Protocol, Data Tokens and the Web3 data eco-system (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDXLMFd1c6c)
- b. Presented “Data as an Asset Class” to a group of 30+ senior executives at the American University in Dubai (https://youtu.be/HkRIyHo2t_0)
- c. Created a Data Token Article on Medium, which was picked up by the Middle East’s leading blockchain news outlet on the front page (https://www.unlock-bc.com/80652/the-next-big-thing-data-tokens-disrupt-a-5-trillion-us-industry/).
- d. Held meetings explaining Ocean Protocol Data Market utility.
- Created a community-driven outreach channel with 20+ Ocean Protocol community members on Telegram to crowd-source ideas on outreach tactics and Data Whale’s OceanDAO outreach budget allocation. With their support, we were able to establish the below.
- a. Created an Ocean Market Strategic Outreach Plan (https://realdatawhale.medium.com/proposed-ocean-market-outreach-pillars-and-tactics-50e5d79ad7e7)
- b. Created an Ocean Market Impression Mining Initiative (https://realdatawhale.medium.com/outreach-strategy-impression-mining-for-general-ocean-market-content-a099b869dfd9)
- c. Supporting a community-led initiative to crowd-boost relevant $OCEAN tweets (https://t.me/joinchat/KZ-6T-DQc38xNjNk)
Established 23-page legal analysis and judiciary evaluation for Data Token eco-system, drafted by experienced legal representative.
Our development team has been active in the Ocean Discord [dev-support] to establish the foundation of a backend that supports our proposed front-end functionalities. Meanwhile, you may download our working test-version of our mobile application with limited functions.
a. Apple: https://testflight.apple.com/join/i55xaclP
b. Android: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1MJHduioTZDkwicZUhkm3eRLoxgeoUN9c
About Us / Team
Data Whale is a startup that strives to encourage adoption of a Web3 data economy within the Ocean Protocol eco-system.
Data Whale Core
About Us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCyl_ZQSWio&t=114s
Read More: https://www.datawhale.online/about
Supported By: 1x Graphic Lead, 1x Python Developer, 1x Data Scientist & various freelancers from around the world!
Name: Omar Saadoun
Leading: 1 Project Manager, 1 React Native Developer, 1 Blockchain Developer
[ ] To finalize the following features for ALGA: Detailed Data Token Analysis for all Ethereum Pool Assets, ALGA wallet functionality [allowing for the first mobile Data Token transaction via WalletConnect on Ethereum!], Profile Creation, Integration of RugPull-Index Analysis [BUILD]
[ ] To provide a draft version of our web-app, which includes front-end designs on datatoken.market [BUILD]
[ ] To roll-out Ocean Market Impression Mining and Ocean Market Strategic Plan, as well as additional initiatives with the help of an appointed PR agency and community [OUTREACH]
[ ] To launch at least 4x YouTube videos monthly covering the following topics: Data Token Reviews / Publisher Interviews, Generic Web3 Data Economy Analyses, Ocean Market Functionality & Explainers [OUTREACH]
[ ] To continue generic outreach initiatives, in order to support the adoption of Data Tokens and aim to on-board more data publishers and data consumers. [OUTREACH]
Data Whale Roadmap - Future Developments
- To integrate other EVM Data Tokens on our mobile application, such as Polygon or BSC.
- To build or acquire datasets to launch more IDOs on Ocean Market v4.
- To build a progressive web application based on our ALGA. mobile application and provide a user-friendly graphic interface for a Data Token Market, which also provides analyses for each asset.
- To expand the functionality of ALGA and include further blockchain metrics such as Highest Sale / Lowest Sale, Average Data Token Sale Price, Number of Holders, Number of Downloads etc.
- To continuously expand the Ocean Market educational outreach strategies with monthly KPIs set based on data collected in the first 3 months of trial.
Updated ROI Calculation & Finances
Detailed Data Whale Financial Statement Available Here:
Adjusted Data Whale ROI Calculation:
Our ROI pledge has the main objective to drive value to the Ocean eco-system through the BUILD and OUTREACH objectives. We believe that our tools & communication will play an integral role once the Ocean Protocol Data Token Market gains greater adoption. Therefore, we have divided our BANG in actualized metrics (100% success) and estimated metrics (50%).
Here are our actualized BANG Metrics in $OCEAN (Success = 100%, as of 30.09.21):
- TVL in Data Whale Liquidity Pools (excl. Publisher): ~23’500 $OCEAN
- Swap Fees Generated: ~60’000 $OCEAN
- Data Consume Volume: ~24’600 $OCEAN
Here are our estimated BANG Metrics in $OCEAN (Estimation = 50%):
a. Twitter Lifetime-Impressions (~650’000) * Avg. Engagement (4%) = 26’000
b. YouTube Lifetime-Impressions (~126’000) * Avg. Engagement (8.1%) = 10’206
c. [[Total Impressions * Estimated Ocean Market Engagement (5%)] * Estimated Network Value ($OCEAN 150)] - Actualized Network Value = 1810 * 150 = 271’545 $OCEAN - 108’100 $OCEAN = 163’445 $OCEAN
1-Year Data Whale Telegram IDO (TVL+Swap Fees+Consume): 30’000 $OCEAN
1-Year Future Network Effect (ALGA + Web-App): 500’000 $OCEAN
108’100 $OCEAN BANG [ACTUAL] * 100% + 693’445 BANG [ESTIMATED] * 50% / (13’000+10’000+10’000+15’000+32’000+22’764+~75’000) = 2.48
FAQ: Why are you asking for the maximum grant amount?
So far, we have delivered on 6 funding rounds, where we received a total funding of 102,764 $OCEAN. Considering Data Whale’s “actualized” network revenue of 108’100 $OCEAN, we are one of the few OceanDAO projects that can prove a positive ROI backup on the funding received until now.
Conservatively, we assume that our initiatives in the outreach category with nearly 775K+ impressions across Twitter and YouTube would have had a positive effect on the network as well. We are considering an average engagement of 5% (i.e. 1’810 Ocean Market participants) with a modest network value of 150 $OCEAN (i.e. 271’545 $OCEAN), from which we are deducting our actualized network revenue of 108’100 $OCEAN. We also believe that our current development activities will have a positive future network effect, as calculated in the ROI above.
Generally, the grant amount will allow us to scale our business further, adding activities such as the development of a web-app. It will also allow us to invest time to implement general Ocean Market Outreach initiatives along with the community [as explained in our documents linked in previous sections]. The grant amount may secure a longer “runway” with sufficient amounts to cover costs until mid- to end of Q4/21 (estimated).
We hope for your continued support towards our initiatives, which aim to play an integral role in the adoption of a Web3 data economy. If you’d would like to collaborate, please feel free to reach out to us! For now:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
We remain at your disposal for any questions. Contact us on one of our many channels.