Name of Project:
Autobots: Autonomous car Data Collection
Proposal in one sentence:
Autobots seeks to build a location based plugin that will collect decentralized navigational data from vehicles such as cars, trains, motorcycles and travelers and in turn incentivize the data providers.
Description of the project and what problem is it solving: (You can give more details in the “proposal details” section farther down.)
As privately owned vehicles become increasingly connected to each other and to external infrastructures via a growing number of sensors, a massive amount of data is being generated. Gathering this data has become normal; leveraging insights from data in ways that can monetize it, however, is still in its nascent stages. The overall revenue pool from car data monetization at a global scale might add up to USD $450-$750 billion by 2030. However, if you anticipate 2PB of data per test car per year, that translates to roughly 1 billion images, of which 3 million or more may need to be labeled. This labeling is still largely accomplished by humans. With our proposed plugins, we will be able to aggregate the data, autonomously filter the data sets and publish certain data on Ocean market.
- Architect the data set management dashboard for cars and other automobiles.
- Build Verifiable car data registries - smart contract-based registries of autonomous car data objects like Car fuel emissions, received traffic incident calls, annual average daily traffic volume counts, road traffic accidents, fleet vehicle consumption, historical pothole data, road accident record, car share location, car share location, carpooling slug routes, traffic analysis zone by population etc.
Which Project Category best describes your project? Pick one.
Are you applying for an Earmark? Pick one.
- New Project
What is the final product?
Autobots is a data management plugin that will extract travel data from autonomous vehicles, mobile devices and other GPS enabled devices. With this protocol, a user is able to seamlessly connect and have their respective device/vehicle data collated into a singular unit and then archived with anonymity while retaining location related data such as location of buildings, preferred paths.
Question on “value add” criteria: which one or more of the criteria will your project focus on? Why do you believe your team will do well on those criteria?
The core measure of value for the project will be on the usage of Ocean. Considering the huge market size for the project as highlighted in the project description, the success of the project will mean onboarding or recording more car data sets, data sets which will be stored and moniitised on Ocean Protocol with data tokens being used as the governance/utility tokens to facilitate supply and demand of the listed data sets. This will bring a new breed of users to the platform, increase the network revenue and most important vreing onboard activer car users.
Funding Requested: (Amount of USD your team is requesting - see the available funding levels here)
Proposal Wallet Address: (must have minimum 500 OCEAN in wallet to be eligible. This wallet is where you will receive the grant amount if selected).
Have you previously received an OceanDAO Grant? If yes, please specify what
Team Website (if applicable):
Twitter Handle (if applicable):
Discord Handle (if applicable):
Project lead full name:
Project lead email:
Country of Residence
- Role: Project Director
- Relevant Credentials:
An IT developer/ project manager/ executive with over 4 years of experience in financial services, including experience with trading stock with the New York Stock Exchange. Strong problem-solving history leading to significant result-based solutions. Known for collaborating with multiple teams to learn, test and implement hardware, software and configuration improvements.
Details of the proposal:
An autonomous vehicle development program has many components, each with unique data management requirements. The volume and diversity of data creates unique challenges in all areas
- Data collection from test vehicles with full sensor suites
- Training DNNs using labeled data derived from test vehicles
- Simulation to test the performance of DNNs and to create additional training data
- Mapping to create detailed representations of the physical environment.
App will be live at:
Is the software open-source?
If open-source, please specify the license. If not, please specify why not open-source.
The software for The Autobots plugin is not open-source in order to avoid replication and to maintain authenticity.
Project software can be found at:
Are there any mockups or designs to date? If yes, please share details / links.
Please give an overview of the technology stack.
Still under development.
3.9 Project Deliverables - Roadmap
Any prior work completed thus far? Details?
What is the project roadmap? That is: what are key milestones, and the target date for each milestone. Please make sure that one milestone is about publishing your results, e.g. as a medium blog post.
- Develop and publicize media publications explaining project deliverables and roadmap.
- Design and build the project mockups, prototype and website.
- Release Autobots Whitepaper and Lightpaper.
- Build an existing community through massive publicity strategies.
- Release Autobots technical whitepaper
- Launch intensive marketing campaign to increase support, traffic and demand for Autobot.
- Create a dashboard with user datasets, messages and earned tokens.
- Connect to the Ocean Market.
- Published multiple navigational datasets to ocean marketplace.
- Announce strategic partnerships for growth and expansion.
- Release mobile application for multiple device types.
- Research multi-chain deployment for deep data integrations.
What are the team’s future plans and intentions? Is there maintenance? Possible extensions to the work?
We would love to layer on our efforts to build a location-based web using a collection of Decentralized applications that utilize geospatial data on Ocean protocol. This data could be utilized for multiple applications including gaming, real-world mapping, etc.