Autobots - Autonomous car Data Collection | Autobots | Round 17

Project Name

Autobots - Autonomous car Data Collection

Project Category

Build & Integrate

Proposal Earmark

New Outreach

Proposal Description

An autonomous vehicle development program has many components, each with unique data management requirements. The volume and diversity of data create unique challenges in all areas.

• Data collection from test vehicles with full sensor suites
  • Training DNNs using labelled data derived from test vehicles
  • Simulation to test the performance of DNNs and to create additional training data

Grant Deliverables

• Architect the data set management dashboard for cars and other automobiles.

• Build Verifiable car data registries - smart contract-based registries of autonomous car data objects like Car fuel emissions, received traffic incident calls, annual average daily traffic volume counts, road traffic accidents, fleet vehicle consumption, historical pothole data, road accident record, car share location, car share location, carpooling slug routes, traffic analysis zone by population etc.

Project Description

As privately owned vehicles become increasingly connected to each other and to external infrastructures via a growing number of sensors, a massive amount of data is being generated. Gathering this data has become normal; leveraging insights from data in ways that can monetize it, however, is still in its nascent stages. The overall revenue pool from car data monetisation at a global scale might add up to USD $450-$750 billion by 2030.

However, if you anticipate 2PB of data per test car per year, that translates to roughly 1 billion images, of which 3 million or more may need to be labelled. This labelling is still largely accomplished by humans. With our proposed plugins, we will be able to aggregate the data, autonomously filter the data sets and publish certain data on the Ocean market.

Final Product

Autobots is a data management plugin that will extract travel data from autonomous vehicles, mobile devices and other GPS enabled devices. With this protocol, a user is able to seamlessly connect and have their respective device/vehicle data collated into a singular unit and then arc

Value Add Criteria

The core measure of value for the project will be the usage of Ocean. Considering the huge market size for the project as highlighted in the project description, the success of the project will mean onboarding or recording more car data sets, data sets which will be stored and monetised on Ocean Protocol with data tokens being used as the governance/utility tokens to facilitate supply and demand of the listed data sets. This will bring a new breed of users to the platform, increase the network revenue and most importantly onboard active users.

Core Team

Theophilus Kooda

An IT developer/ project manager/ executive with over 4 years of experience in financial services, including experience with trading stock with the New York Stock Exchange. Strong problem-solving history leading to significant result-based solutions. Known for collaborating with multiple teams to learn, test and implement hardware, software and configuration improvements.

Funding Requested

Minimum Funding Requested

Wallet Address
0x5dF28F035944D0b0BF08aa77c5bD7fC0fac965D1

Hi @Kooda22, I noticed that there are separate projects for Autobots.

It would be consturctive to have all of your submissions under 1 project inside of Seed.

I propose that you withdraw this proposal/project, and submit another proposal under the original Autobots project so everything is under 1 roof.

Please let me know if I can help you get this sorted out, cheers!

1 Like

Also, I don’t think this is an Outreach Project as it does not aim to promote Ocean Protocol, rather Build and Integrate, if you are re-submitting, it would be better to apply for the correct earmark :blush:

Hi @zippy1979 Thank you for the constructive feedback, the intention here was to make the project an Unleash data project because the solution is much inclined towards that.

For some reason, not sure why it is coming under the outreach category.

But your comment is well noted.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @idiom-bytes This is well noted, however, the last time I withdrew the project in round 16. I ended up having two of the same project on the port forum, which caused some confusion.

But I have taken note of this feedback, I hope to correct moving forward.

Thank you again.

1 Like

Hello Autobots!
I love anything related to automotive data, so am a big fan of Riddle & Code. I think the idea you have is awesome and incredibly useful. My question here is regarding deliverables for this submission.
It’s written you will build car data registries for listing on the marketplace, i.e. Car fuel emissions, received traffic incident calls, annual average daily traffic volume counts, road traffic accidents…
Is not most of this data either public (incident calls/accidents - “gov’t emergency services”) or private ( “AAA”) and not measurable by a data management plugin. Or is this a plugin you will offer to agencies?
Just trying to understand if this is for collecting datasets or building an app, or both. And if its for an app, who will use it?

Thanks for your time, hope to hear from you!

1 Like

Hi, @blockchainlugano Interesting stuff about you there. And thank you for the time on the project!

So what we intend to do here is more like a double way sustainable loop. On the one hand, you have a B2B side that will give government/corporates access to real-time data which in turn influences transparent policy directions or governance. On the other hand, we want to give the owners of this data rights to gather and monetise the process - collecting and utilising their data.

The end product would be a plugin for users that can be connected and data streamed in real-time. Over time, we intend to scale those efforts, improve the user-facing appeal and most likely have an app.

The other side of the platform will be an admin dashboard, through which businesses or governments can get visa API integrations and have access to these vehicle data feeds.

1 Like

Thanks for the response! I THINK I get, but the details are much appreciated for clarity. :slightly_smiling_face: