Project Name

Project wanderclyffe

Project Category

Outreach

Proposal Earmark

New Outreach

Proposal Description

Hi guys,

My name is keshav aka Wanderclyffe on twitter. Some of you all prolly know me because of my threads and tweets that i write about ocean protocol on twitter. After creating content for nearly 6 months , I was thinking about how can we improve the ocean outreach from here and make the education process more “Friction less” .

Understanding what ocean is and what they do can be really confusing for an average person with no technical background and if that person really goes out to do his own research on the topic, it can get really confusing and hectic for him/her to understand and grasp the whole idea and vision.

So, to solve all these problems :

1. We decided to make an Everything about ocean protocol guide which will contain everything about ocean protocol in one place in a proper structure and well indexed manner. The guide will be made by keeping these three categories of folks in mind -

a) Who are looking to invest in Ocean and wants to learn about it

b) A developer who is looking to build on the network and wants to know how can he/she benefit from it.

c) A business/individual/company looking to publish their data on the ocean market and wants to know how they can benefit from it and what are the possible options from which they can get maximum incentives .

Starting from complete beginner perspective to an advance level , we believe that this guide will play a huge role in reducing friction and ease the learning process about ocean plus onboarding new people into the new movement of data economy .

After the completion, we will publish that guide as a dataset on the ocean protocol market for free and will update it monthly, based on the particular updates of that month .

I actually started working on it a week ago but eventually found that its a lot of work and i need a good team of 2-3 researchers for this task . The estimated time for the completion of this guide is 2-3 months max as we have to go through every Blog/article, video and podcast out there in order to grasp and analyse everything and put it in a well structured manner in one place

1. Improving ocean outreach on social media by community giveaways and contests -

We were closely observing real data whale’s impression program over these months and concluded that twitter threads and reddit posts are really a great way to improve engagement and attract new folks , if done in a well planned way. After a brainstorming session, we shortlisted these three things -

1. Weekly twitter thread contests and giveaways for the community

2. Educational meme page about ocean protocol on Instagram

3. Quora spaces where anyone can ask any question about ocean protocol and we will answer it !

The end goal of us is to educate more and more people and most importantly clarify them about ocean protocol and the new data economy movement !!!

Estimated Allocation of the funds :

Out of the 3000 USD requested

1. 1400 USD will go back to community in form of giveaways, contests and to grow the ocean meme instagram page and quora space for the next 2-3 months .

2. 1600 USD will go in developing our main product-

“The everything about ocean protocol guide”

Thank you :slight_smile:

Grant Deliverables

Grant Deliverables

1. A guide containing everything about ocean explaining every partnership, Major DAOs , Collaborations, their vision, every update and everything they built from start to now in a proper structured manner in one place . The guide will be updated in the first week of every month based on the particular updates of that month.

2. Twitter contests and giveaways on particular topics and incentivising community members involved !

3. Quora space for people to ask any question related to ocean protocol and generating and maintaining an active community there !

4. An instagram ocean protocol meme page with a sole purpose of educating people via memes

Project Description

Hi guys,

My name is keshav aka Wanderclyffe on twitter. Some of you all prolly know me because of my threads and tweets that i write about ocean protocol on twitter. After creating content for nearly 6 months , I was thinking about how can we improve the ocean outreach from here and make the education process more “Friction less” .

Understanding what ocean is and what they do can be really confusing for an average person with no technical background and if that person really goes out to do his own research on the topic, it can get really confusing and hectic for him/her to understand and grasp the whole idea and vision.

So,

1. We decided to make an Everything about ocean protocol guide which will contain everything about ocean protocol in one place in a proper structure and indexed manner. The guide will be made by keeping these two categories of folks in mind -

a) Who are looking to invest in Ocean and wants to learn about it

b) A developer who is looking to build on the network and wants to know how can he benefit from it.

Starting from complete beginner perspective to an advance level , we believe that this guide will play a huge role in reducing friction and ease the learning process about ocean.

After the completion, we will publish that guide as a dataset on the ocean protocol market for free and will update it monthly, based on the particular updates of that month .

I actually started working on it a week ago but eventually found that its a lot of work and i need a good team of 2-3 researchers for this task . The estimated time for the completion of this guide is 2-3 months max as we have to go through every Blog/article, video and podcast out there in order to grasp and analyse everything and put it in a well structured manner in one place

1. Improving ocean outreach on social media by community giveaways and contests -

We were closely observing real data whale’s impression program over these months and concluded that twitter threads and reddit posts are really a great way to improve engagement and attract new folks , if done in a well planned way. After a brainstorming session, we shortlisted these three things -

1. Weekly twitter thread contests and giveaways for the community

2. Education meme page about ocean protocol on Instagram

3. Quora spaces where anyone can ask any question about ocean protocol and we will answer it !

The end goal of us is to educate more and more people and most importantly clarify them about ocean protocol !!!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Final Product

An everything about Ocean protocol guide which will contain “EVERYTHING” in it and by everything i mean -

Every partnership, projects, updates, Major DAOs, tokenomics, major awards and media presences, collaborations and everything they built from start to now in a well structured and indexed manner in one place, which will be updated monthly, based on the updates of that particular month !

Value Add Criteria

We believe that through our main product , we will be able to hugely reduce friction and ease the learning process of ocean protocol, as one can find well analysed and insightful information in one place .

Also, through our twitter contests and giveaways, we will be able to gain more traction and engagement in the community whilst attracting new folks in the community too !!!

We are also looking to expand our focus on other social media platforms like Instagram and quora , building a healthy community out there too !!!

Our main goal is to accelerate mass adoption for ocean protocol by helping onboard new developers and individuals and educating them about the new data economy !

Advisors

Ocean protocol community

Funding Requested

Minimum Funding Requested

Wallet Address
0xaa8CbB524A6EA094A9A0f7585C5D9328E895FA38

1 Like

Hello Wanderclyffe,

Super great to see someone wrangling all the Ocean tutorials, blogs, articles, etc. in one place.

You mentioned putting this together with two specific users in mind, and I would like to add, an important component in OPF’s success is also data consumption.

If you are going to actively promote this repository of information, a key driver to OPF use is data scientists.

3 Likes

Hi Lugano
Thanks for the suggestion !!!
We actually considered them in the first category of people who wants to learn more about ocean
So the guide will be for -

1. Developers
  2. Data scientists and publishers
  3. investors
1 Like