Instructions, examples and collection of OceanDAO proposals
- Fill out the template as applicable below.
- Publish the proposal on the OceanDAO Discourse as a New Topic.
For more information visit the OceanDAO Wiki.
Grant Proposal Template
Key Project Data
- Name of project:
- Team Website (if applicable):
- Proposal Wallet Address (*mandatory):
- The proposal in one sentence:
- Which category best describes your project? Pick one or more.
- [ ] Build / improve applications or integrations to Ocean
- [ ] Outreach / community (grants don’t need to be technical in nature)
- [ ] Unleash data
- [ ] Build / improve core Ocean software
Description of the project:
What problem is your project solving?
What is the final product (e.g. App, URL, Medium, etc)?
How does this project drive value to the Ocean ecosystem?
Project Deliverables - Category
IF: Build / improve applications or integration to Ocean, then:
- App will be live, at: ____ (url or app store)
- Software will be open-source with a permissive license at: github.com/___
IF: Outreach / community, then (one or more of):
- __ (e.g. 3) blog posts will be published at: _____ (e.g. medium.com/____)
- A video production will be published at: _____ (e.g. youtube.com/___)
- __ (e.g. 3) podcasts will be published at: _____ (url)
- (or other! Surprise us, delight us:)
IF: Unleash data , then:
- Data will be made available on Ocean Market (or _____ market)
IF: Build / improve Ocean core software, then:
- A PR will be made to these Ocean components: _______, following best practices for quality etc
- I commit to working with Ocean core developers to merging the PR
Project Deliverables - Roadmap
- Any prior work completed thus far?
- What is the project roadmap? That is: what are key milestones, and the target date for each milestone.
- Please include the milestone: publish an article/tutorial explaining your project as part of the grant (eg medium, etc).
- Please include the team’s future plans and intentions.
- Any maintenance?
- Foreseen or possible additions?
If the project includes software:
- Are there any mockups or designs to date?
- An overview of the technology stack?
If the project includes community engagement:
- Running the campaign on social media for how many weeks?
For each team member, give their name, role and background such as the following.
- Role: developer, UX/UI designer
- Relevant Credentials (e.g.):
- Co-founder at xxx
- Lead developer at yyy
Any additional information, custom fields, or images you would like to add? For example: Any grants or fundraising to date?