Evotegra: 100.000 image traffic dataset @ 1 Ocean

Name of Project: Create a professional 100k image traffic dataset

Proposal in one sentence

Create a professional traffic image dataset with at least 100.000 images with ~300 categories and an estimated million objects, which will be published on the Ocean Market with an initial data token price of 1 Ocean.

Description of the project and what problem is it solving:

Public datasets often contain low quality data. E.g. in the example below from the Apolloscape Dataset you can see that annotations contain objects invisible behind concrete walls. For any deep learning algorithm this is toxic data that will negatively affect the performance.
We propose to create a professional high quality traffic dataset of at least 100.000 images in ~300 classes, including traffic signs, cars, pedestrians, busses and several types of traffic lanes. We are going to collect that data from the scratch. It will contain data from highways, federal as well as country roads and cities to villages . We annotate that data that is going to have an estimated million annotated objects.
The goal of our proposal is to establish Ocean Market as a prime source for high quality data. Therefore we are going to publish this dataset on the Ocean Market in a pool with an initial data token price of 1 Ocean and least 2500 datatokens.

Category

Unleash data

Metric

Data Consume Volume

What is the final product?

The final product is an image dataset published in a AMM pool with an initial datatoken price of 1 Ocean and at least 2500 data tokens.

Grant Deliverables:

1. Collect 100.000 images from diverse road scenes in Germany (~2-3 month)
  2. Annotate the images in ~300 classes (~1 month)
  3. Publish the dataset in a pool for the initial price of 1 Ocean (~September 2021)

Funding Requested:

28.000 Ocean

ROI

Our goal is to establish Ocean as a prime source for high quality data. The attractive entry price should encourage many first time users to get familiar with wallets, Ocean tokens, the Ocean Market.
We expect to achieve about 1 million annotated objects. While our proposal is coming at an estimated cost of 14k USD using a professional labelling company would cost about 50k USD plus the collection another 50-100k USD.

Proposal Wallet Address:

0x61B15998893cC746B46C08FEdEE13a0d1b33bBa9

Team

Web: www.evotegra.de
Email: manthey@evotegra.de
Twitter: @evotegra
Country of Residence: Germany

Previous OceanDAO Grant?

Yes

1 Like

Hi @tmanthey, I think you received a grant in R6: Evotegra: Unleash roadmarkings to EVO/2MP/TRFC/DE/200K

And there was a list of labels that you wanted to add to the data set. Would you mind giving an update here what progress was made etc.? I’m curious.

Roadmarkings is currently work in progress. Actually the image from our Ocean DAO 7 proposal is taken from our ongoing efforts to add roadmarkings.
Some more examples here.
170927_064259741_Camera_6_speed_187617
170927_071034377_Camera_6_speed_50630 170927_064259885_Camera_6_speed_40681

1 Like

OK. I also see that since you’ve received the 16,5k OCEAN in R6 they haven’t moved in your account.

Do you consider this amount to be spent, since you say that the road markings are still a work in progress?

Can you comment on why you’re asking for another 28k OCEAN with this proposal?

Hi Tim, we currently pay European salaries in fiat including social and health insurance but obviously via a different account. So there was no need to touch the Ocean yet.
The efforts for our current proposal are lined up in the proposal but we expect the data collection to take 2-3 month and annotation 1-2 month. Please take into consideration that this efforts are based on a high degree of automation with which we expect to achieve about a million annotated objects. If you take a professional labelling company you would have to pay 50kUSD just for the annotation of data and 50 to 100k for the data collection. In addition we plan to fund the pool with at least 2500 data tokens at an initial price of 1 Ocean per datatokens which has to be funded with 6k Ocean at an 70/30 ratio.
So overall we provide a dataset with a value of > 100kUSD for 11 to 14kUSD, depending on how you calculate.
The idea is create an extremly attractive offer to get more buyers onto the Ocean Market as this is currently missing from our perspective.
Data collection and fullfiling our DAO6 grant will be in parallel. The people collecting data are not the same as annotating data. By the time we collected the data for the DAO 7 proposal we plan to be long finished with 6.

1 Like

Thanks for your clarifying statement. Given European salaries, the looming and potentially unclear tax cost, social and health insurance, these numbers check out. I can tell as I’m also based in Germany.

Thanks again and all the best for the vote!

2 Likes

We embrace transparency as far as possible for a company and are glad we could answer your questions.

1 Like

I really like the project from the beginning and think that mobility is a key driver of the future data economy. Sure I am biased in this case for obvious reasons and will support this project for sure. :slight_smile:

1 Like