Name of Project: Disrupt MLS(Multiple Listing Service)
Proposal in one sentence: Disrupt the centralization of homebuyer inventory data on the MLS
Description of the project and what problem is it solving: The data around home buying is centralized via the MLS. Realtors have to pay to access the data and upload it to the MLS, sellers have to pay realtors to place their listings on the MLS and sign exclusivity contracts to do so. Owners who want to subvert this process and list their property do not get the visibility that entering the MLS system provides. Disrupt MLS cuts out the realtors, traditional MLS and associated fees. It takes seller listings and puts them where buyers are, on sites like realtor.com, zillow, etc.
Grant Deliverables: (Provide us with a check-boxed list of deliverables for the funding provided.)
- Grant Deliverable 1 - landing page
- Grant Deliverable 2 - database that will store data
- Grant Deliverable 3 - api fetch data from landing page to store on database
Which category best describes your project? Pick one.
- Unleash data
Which Fundamental Metric best describes your project? Pick one.
- Primary Metric: “$ Datatoken Consuming Volume”.
- Secondary Metric: “Total Value Locked”.
What is the final product?:
The final product is a service that collects, stores and displays sellers listings outside of the MLS. This valuable data can then be accessed directly by wholesalers or investors (who place a premium on listings outside of the MLS) and access can be sold to by sites such as Zillow and Realtor which will add more value to their platforms.
How does this project drive value to the “fundamental metric” (listed above) and the overall Ocean ecosystem?
- We can get minimum 30 data buyers (and thousands of data sellers in the form of FSBO listings).
- Each buyer does (20K OCEAN / month) of consume volume on Ocean Market. This is a total of 600K OCEAN / month consume volume.
- This is the average recurring volume for future months.
- So bang = 30K OCEAN.
- Grant size = buck = 17.6K OCEAN
- So ROI = bang / buck = 30K OCEAN / 17.6K OCEAN = 1.7.
- Proposer’s estimate of % chance of success = 60%
- Final: expected ROI = 0.60 * 1.7 = 1.02
As it stands now, There are multiple MLSes that compete with each other. It stands to reason that this service can thrive in the system as it currently exists and out live it as disruption in the Real estate space persists.
Funding Requested: (Amount of USD your team is requesting - Round 9 Max @ $17,500)
Proposal Wallet Address: 0x89128D2be9163d65b3dF2Ebf088A0904Dc48B625
Have you previously received an OceanDAO Grant (Y/N)? N
Country of Residence: United States
Part 2 - Team
IMPORTANT: See Criterion (4). One Project/One proposal on communicating “Core Team” versus “Advisor”. You may be ineligible if not correctly updated.
For each team member, give their name, role and background such as the following.
- Role: software Engineer - Founder,
- Relevant Credentials :
- Healthline Media
Dianne Jennings - Real Estate Broker and Lender in Georgia, United States
Part 3 - Proposal Details
Project Deliverables - Category:
- Data will be made available on Ocean Market
If the project includes software:
- Are there any mockups or designs to date? No
- An overview of the technology stack?
Node, React, AWS, MongoDB, Rabbit MQ
Project Deliverables - Roadmap
- Any prior work completed thus far? No
- What is the project roadmap? That is: what are key milestones, and the target date for each milestone.
- publish an article/tutorial explaining your project as part of the grant. October 2021
- Landing Page where buyer and seller data is collected gauging interest. November 2021
- Ad Creative that will lead to landing page - gauge interest in data buyers and data sellers. - January 2021
- Service Creation - authenticated web page that gathers seller data - March 2022
- Service Creation - making data available on Ocean Market. - May 2022
- Build relationships with services like Zillow, Realtor. - Ongoing
- Market data Access to investors and wholesalers. - Ongoing
Maintenance - For sure. It is about stomping out bugs and taking in consumer feedback to become better than the MLS
Additions - Again this will depend on where the real estate market goes, and where competitors go as well.