AgriShare - Bring agriculture to web3

Name of Project: AgriShare

Proposal in one sentence: A platform for small farmers to share processes and sensor data between them

Description of the project and what problem is it solving:

The problem is, as in many other domains, the lack of information sharing. Small farmers around the world don’t have access to the financial and informational resources that big companies have thus being impacted more by various changes in climate or other various factors. Let’s come with a simple to understand example. There are two farms in the same general area Farm A and Farm B. Farm A has a decent array of IoT sensors that collect soil humidity and temperature. Farm B has on data collection, just classic old school farming. In case the rain is less than usual , but not at a level of a drought, Farm A will be able to react in time with necessary measures while Farm B will maybe realize this at a later time, or not at all resulting in less crops. If Farm B were able to easily purchase the sensor data and maybe the steps that were taken in Farm A they would not suffer crop losses.

This can extend to a lot more procedures like fertilizing, pest control, tips on various crop hybrids and many more. It can be viewed as a community sharing tool.

First I thought of integrating all this in the current market but slowly realized that it will not work. The scope of the market is for various data and it’s hard to categorize it, you only have tags. People using this will want a dedicated platform for their use with as little friction as possible. Also the more i thought the more i envisioned this more of a sharing platform than a classic market, meaning that it will probably look more like a forum /reddit , still thinking though.

Another possible result would be motivating people to purchase more IoT sensors to create a bigger and more reliable grid. In combination with the platform everybody will benefit.

Grant Deliverables:

This may be a bigger endeavor than i can handle but i will take it one step at a time.

First i would like to figure out what storage i would use: centralized or decentralized (ipfs). How will i fund this in the long run? I see that there is something like a market fee in the protocol, i will have to research more on how it works.

I need a backend to serve only the assets that involve this product but i don’t mind them appearing in the ocean market as well.

Regarding pricing for now i don’t other than fixed price makes sense.

So the first deliverable would be a proper architecture of this after i actually do some prototypes/tests and get more familiar with the documentation.

Which category best describes your project? Build / improve applications or integrations to Ocean

What is the final product?:

A platform where farmers can easily share information needed for getting the best crops. It will be comprised by :

• Connector to fetch data from IoT platform
  • Service to upload/publish data
  • Web platform to configure own data and find/buy data.
  • Mobile app (not sure about this, it might just be only one responsive web app ,maybe use progressive web app so users can also install it)

Funding Requested: $3000

Proposal Wallet Address: 0x430EF4D245E93722b50Cc6AB6FD5AB11C0984087

Have you previously received an OceanDAO Grant (Y/N)? No

Project lead Contact Email: gavin.jonston@protonmail.com Gavin Jonston

Country of Residence: Canada

Hi there,

For transparency, starting R12, all proposals will have to be funded within 2 weeks of winning a grant.

The funding deadline is December 27th 23:59 GMT.

You can read our wiki and how to submit a funding request to learn more.

Hey Gavin. I like this initiative.
Couple of questions.
When I Google AgriShare, a service already exists under this name. Is this connected?
What is the purpose of having the data protected and for sale?
Thanks.